Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

How often do you check mmorpg ?

warblade2002warblade2002 Kings Mountain, NCPosts: 51Member
How often do you check mmorpg for a new game? Beta codes or otherwise.

Comments

• OnomicOnomic TønsbergPosts: 196Member

usaly once a day, after new relaesed games i tend to stay away longer as alot of the topics are just stupid

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Zod, CAPosts: 743Member Uncommon

well I check alot while im at work but when im off I rarely check unless im checking up on a game im interested in or if I need the official link to their site

• PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAPosts: 1,784Member
    Throughout the day.
  • warblade2002warblade2002 Kings Mountain, NCPosts: 51Member
    I hope sometime I log on and a brand new game is giving away beta codes. But its been such a long wait, that I feel will never come.
  • MeltdownMeltdown Home, NHPosts: 1,184Member Uncommon
    Depends on how satisfied I am with my gaming. Maybe once a week when I have games to play, probably once a day when I'm looking for the next big thing.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• KyleranKyleran Tampa, FLPosts: 20,008Member Uncommon
    Never more than once a week.  image

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "I don't have one life, I have many lives" - Grunty
    Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas New Westminster, BCPosts: 468Member
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I doubt that, I see your posts all over the bloody place.

Daily for me.

Where's the any key?

• NizurNizur Austin, TXPosts: 1,417Member
    I have spells of activity and non-activity. The last several days I've been checking every day. Before that I hadn't checked in months though.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Brandon, FLPosts: 3,649Member
    It depends on if I'm playing a game that I'm enjoying or not.  If I'm enjoying a game, I might not come by here for 3-6 months or more.  If I'm kind of enjoying a game, it might be a once a week or a few times a week.  If I'm not...well, then I'm pretty much here for any of the time that I would have been playing a game.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• TorlukTorluk EdinburghPosts: 162Member

Varies greatly for me too, months can go by where I check the site very rarely and at other times it can be several times a day.

My most frequent visits are usually after a new game has been released.  I've never pre-ordered and don't feel like I'll miss much if I wait a bit before picking up a game so I take advantage of the discussions on here over the first month after release.  Once you wade through the emotional content of posts I find it is very useful for determining whether I will like a game or not.  

In fact come to think of it, the posters on MMORPG.com have saved me quite a bit of money over the years.  Thanks guys! image

• spookydomspookydom BristolPosts: 1,782Member Uncommon
    A fair few times a day............Stop judging me ok! I work from home! ;)

• skeith138skeith138 white plains, NYPosts: 176Member

once a day at night unless there's a MMO i'm interested like GW2 or FFXIV.

[mod edit]

• HerodesHerodes DannenbergPosts: 1,494Member

There are two sites I read on a regular basis, one of them is MMORPG. Not much because of beta keys, I just like reading other peoples´ opinions. Mostly the ones of older accounts, but I enjoy even more new acconts writing balanced opinions.

• SilokSilok Mascouche, QCPosts: 732Member

ehe sure :)

• HokieHokie Vancouver Wa.Posts: 1,063Member Uncommon
    2-3 times a day.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• YakkinYakkin irvine, CAPosts: 919Member
    roughly anywhere between 1 - 50 times per day, depending on if I closed the window or something, and what time it is.
  • fenistilfenistil GliwicePosts: 3,005Member
    Originally posted by Kiljaedenas

Daily for me.

"How often do you check mmorpg for a new game? Beta codes or otherwise."

Do you even read and understand what you're reading and posting about? 

I understand that honest mistakes can be done, but please take more care to know what you're responding to.

• fenistilfenistil GliwicePosts: 3,005Member

"How often do you check mmorpg.com for a new game, Beta code or otherwise"  -  very rarely.

I got few codes, but I don't think I used one myself personally. I mostly got few specific ones when my colleagues needed extra ones.  Oh sorry. I actually think I used TSW beta weekend code myself. So there is one.

"How often do you check mmorpg, read forums, discuss"  - If I am working at my PC - then multiple times & day.

• Z3R01Z3R01 NYC, NYPosts: 2,426Member

I come to the site a few times a day to check the daily news and keep up on the latest forum topics.

THings like giveaways i catch on accident, Dont really come here for that stuff.

Playing:

Waiting on:

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d AthensPosts: 388Member Uncommon
    Daily, even more than my facebook :)
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Stone Mountain, GAPosts: 13,675Member Uncommon
    It's one of the dozen sites that I check daily.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• TerranahTerranah Stockton, CAPosts: 3,605Member

I check a few times a day.  I like the back and forth exchange of ideas and reading about games I'm interested in.  And every once in awhile they give out beta keys so that's great too.

I love mmos more than any other genre.

• SilokSilok Mascouche, QCPosts: 732Member
    Originally posted by fenistil
    Originally posted by Kiljaedenas

Daily for me.

"How often do you check mmorpg for a new game? Beta codes or otherwise."

Do you even read and understand what you're reading and posting about? 

I understand that honest mistakes can be done, but please take more care to know what you're responding to.

Maibe you should do the same....

• GruntyGrunty TexasPosts: 7,063Member Uncommon
    I don't come here in the search for new games. If I happen to find one while browsing around then it's a plus.
  • worldalphaworldalpha Milton, ONPosts: 403Member
    I'm usually on once a day, sometimes 2X a day.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com