Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get your money's worth with Guild Wars 2?!?

1235»

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

If you don't like the game - it is not a good purchase. If you like the game, it is.

Pretty simple isn't it.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Sp00sh

A simple answer to help future players purchase or steer clear of this game.

Fully satisfied even after 1 week of game play. Was worth every cent.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by daltanious
    Originally posted by Sp00sh

A simple answer to help future players purchase or steer clear of this game.

Fully satisfied even after 1 week of game play. Was worth every cent.

And every dime!

Even though I play EQ 2 I can put GW2 down and come back to it whenever, I love this game , I just find it funny that the people from WoW say that the game is loosing a ton of people , umm we don't pay a sub fee LOL I guess they are alittle hurt that MOP is tanking so bad!

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189

"Did you get your moneys worth" is a pretty leading question that i suspect was made to pat GW2 even more on the back. It is afterall "free to play" after the initial fee.

If you compare GW2 to a shooter that i pay 50$ for 6-10 hours of hardcore play,  i did get my moneys worth.

If you compare it to other mmo's ive played for months and years i didnt.

Pve got me bored out of my scull after 2 weeks. PvP?... if you can call a 1-5 hour que to "zerg" pvp.

I didnt like the BG pvp either, the dps is rampant, and its just a adding/zerg fest.

Did i get my moneys worth?, yes compared to a shooter i did, not if compared to another MMORPG. (

Do i care?, no i dont. 50$ is pocketchange for just about anybody. And im sure i played the game 40-50 hours before i quit.

• sertioussertious Member Posts: 29
    Despite a lot of negative opinions about the game, I'm enjoying every moment of it.  Even with some of the bugs myself and other players are experiencing.  I know Arenanet is working on them so if I encounter a bug I just move on with hopes they get fixed soon.  Sure the dungeons are hard, but to me that's enjoyable.  I think overall I got my moneys worth in a day for this game.  Especially considering most ps3 and xbox games are more than this costs and you can beat them within 8-10 hours.  
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Aeolron

And every dime!

Even though I play EQ 2 I can put GW2 down and come back to it whenever, I love this game , I just find it funny that the people from WoW say that the game is loosing a ton of people , umm we don't pay a sub fee LOL I guess they are alittle hurt that MOP is tanking so bad!

MOP isnt exactly tanking, it is just that it isnt breaking every sales record as earlier expansions.

So it is doing worse than some people thought it would but lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by sertious
    Despite a lot of negative opinions about the game, I'm enjoying every moment of it.  Even with some of the bugs myself and other players are experiencing.  I know Arenanet is working on them so if I encounter a bug I just move on with hopes they get fixed soon.  Sure the dungeons are hard, but to me that's enjoyable.  I think overall I got my moneys worth in a day for this game.  Especially considering most ps3 and xbox games are more than this costs and you can beat them within 8-10 hours.  

I dont feel its alot of negative comments about the game. Atleast alot less than most other new MMORPG releases.

Im negative because i like FFA PvP. But we are few inbeteeen.

Its a good thing people enjoy it IMO ;)

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

well its worth and above ..!

for sure i have complaints about the game, but for the money i gave, its deserves them and more !

about this 17%, i believe its too high, they might havent even bought that game, but anyway i cant blame them having huge expectations for that game ...

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686
    240 hours played and counting
  • eAzydamaneAzydaman Member Posts: 218
    Most singleplayer games are 10-20 hours until completion. I've played 200 hours of GW2 and still loving it and having serious cases of withdrawl when I can't play it. Almost too addicting, just hit lvl 80 and can't wait to gear up for WvWvW.
  • caetftlcaetftl Member Posts: 358

Getting your money's worth is very subjective.  Relative to what?  Some could argue that they played gw2 more than 16 hours, so they got their money's worth instead of paying 8dollars per movie for 8 movies. 

For an mmorpg, no I didn't get my money's worth, this is by far the mmorpg with the least depth that I have ever seen (and i've seen all the big ones)

You can argue that it is b2p and not p2p so it's ok if it doesn't keep you hooked for more than a couple of days, but WoW with first month free still kept people a lot more hooked than gw2 seemed able to do.  GW2 just might have a worse retention rate than swtor, but of course anet will never give us definitive proof if the game is doing poorly.

As for the people talking about MoP not breaking sales records.. blizzard often takes up to a week to release their 24hour and 48hour sales numbers, so I'd wait a week after launch before trying to imply it did well or poorly. 

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

314 hours  so far   my highest level so  far is 69  but i have 5 alts in the 30-50 and 3 more in the 20's

i think a lot of people rushed to end game  then   wondered  what  to do  where is i like to come each starting area   then each of the 15-25 areas

and even now i still keep finding things i  didnt see before

if you take ur time  and really explore this game  really  shines

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by goozmania

As horrendously bored of the game as I was by level 51 (I have managed to get to 62 since then, but it never got more fun), I can't really say it was a waste of money. I might feel that way after another few months of not playing, much like I now feel about Diablo 3 (put a whole whopping 9 hours into that), but given that it's a 1 time buy, I think it's too early to make that claim.

I have not yet gotten $60 worth, though. I've put about 20 hours total into the game, experienced all facets of gameplay, except for WvW, which I've never been able to join, and I just have no interest in playing anymore... I actually find myself playing emulated console games on my cell phone instead, or just going to bed early.

I still peruse the forums at work, on occasion, waiting for the inevitable "group play is less shitty," "fine ingredients are less rare," and "thousands of new armor and weapon skins added" patches; so my interest isn't completely gone. I also get amused reading fanboys(and girls) bully people around on this forum, which I never would have seen without the game... so that alone might be worth it.

This doesn't add up.   This doesn't even come close to adding up.   This is so far from adding up that's it's past even cursory believability.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    This post is a good example of how the trolling minority on these forums.. Does not represent the feelings of most players. I can look over the front page and half the posts are negative. Then I can go to something like this poll and see something with over 500 sample wise that is extremely positive.