Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Sales numbers

coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon

Have they released sales numbers already?

I am at work, so I just quickly tried to google something without success.

Anyone?

Waiting for L2 EU Classic

Comments

• GamefunGamefun Mesa, AZPosts: 290Member
    It just came out yesterday and you are already asking for sale numbers?.
  • Bruise187Bruise187 Corning, ARPosts: 339Member Uncommon
    Do you have stock in this game or are you gonna feel good about playing a game that sales a lot of epacs? Who care how many they sale, im not getting any of the money.

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I'm not your friend.

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

• expressoexpresso mePosts: 2,183Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by coretex666

Anyone?

I dont think we'll know these for atleast a month.  They normaly do a press release that show 24hour and 1 month sales.

• NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common

if Blizzard does what they did in the past ,

you wont see any sales numbers until next week at the earliest

Blizzard has the prepurchase information (orders direct from their site)

but ive never seen Blizzard announce that info.  They prefer to announce all info - including retail stores

• PhryPhry HampshirePosts: 6,288Member Uncommon
    As you can upgrade your account directly from the 'launcher' in WoW, no need to buy a retail boxed version of it.. then i kind of expect it to sell really well. With PC games less and less being sold in stores and Direct download etc, becoming more popular,  surely that gives them a pretty good indication of 'realtime' game sales, not that i would expect them to give access to that kind of data, even so, i think most sales of MoP would have been made prior to release.  image
    Originally posted by expresso

I dont think we'll know these for atleast a month.  They normaly do a press release that show 24hour and 1 month sales.

past releases did both -- including D3, WOW Cata, and others

WOW cata

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/press/pressreleases.html?101213=&page=2

Dec 7: release

Dec 13:  first day sales press release

Jan 10: first month sales press release

• dllddlld GöteborgPosts: 541Member Uncommon
    Since they are unlikely to break a new 24h record this time around i'm wondering if we even get to see that number at all, perhaps the 1 month sales. One things for sure if they do break the record that is going to come out pretty fast.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Riverside, RIPosts: 3,265Member Uncommon

Anyone?

hey Fantabulous, I think I saw you in GW2 last night. Sanctum of Rall? :)

Played: AA, AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, DN, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
    ESO, FE, FFXI, FFXIV, FF, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MO, MxO, NW, Rift, RoE,
    Ryzom, SB, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...

Originally posted by remyburke

Anyone?

hey Fantabulous, I think I saw you in GW2 last night. Sanctum of Rall? :)

Ah so that was the bugger who stole my name!  I am on Gundara EU

Originally posted by dlld
    Since they are unlikely to break a new 24h record this time around i'm wondering if we even get to see that number at all, perhaps the 1 month sales. One things for sure if they do break the record that is going to come out pretty fast.

thats what im expecting too

GW2 did not announce launch day sales - and I'm expecting MOP won't either

• SukiyakiSukiyaki GreenwichPosts: 1,398Member Uncommon

Unlikely you will hear anything until October 2nd, next week.  Probably they wont even release the 24h hours sales but "1st week" or "1st month" (global) sales.  They made sure to rush the overseas release this time. Unlikely they will waste the effort.

At best expect some unusual announcement you cant bring into any context like "x new panda character logged in since launch".

• gervaise1gervaise1 .Posts: 2,065Member Uncommon
    Sales data always lags; sales data has to be reported by retailers and then collated. Blizzard will be able to announce "registrations" if they want of course.
    Originally posted by gervaise1
    Sales data always lags; sales data has to be reported by retailers and then collated. Blizzard will be able to announce "registrations" if they want of course.

I think 'registrations', active, inactive and trial accounts would easily be at half a billion about now.

• FionFion Montour Falls, NYPosts: 2,351Member
    According to a new report the game is 'estimated' to have sold 600-700 thousand physical coppies (including pre-orders) in the first two days, with similar numbers in digital sales, though that report isn't out yet. While this sounds good, it is down dramatically from Cataclysm which sold 3.3 million units.

• AzrileAzrile Houston, MDPosts: 2,582Member
    Originally posted by Fion
    According to a new report the game is 'estimated' to have sold 600-700 thousand physical coppies (including pre-orders) in the first two days, with similar numbers in digital sales, though that report isn't out yet. While this sounds good, it is down dramatically from Cataclysm which sold 3.3 million units.

There is nothing out there that tells us how many DD were sold.    Cata did not have  DD, but for MoP it has been everywhere.. login-screen,  updater, battlenet.

I am not saying they beat 3.3M... but I will tell you that it is well above 1.4M... I would love to see where you got your ´similar numbers in digital sales´...  sounds like you just pulled that part out of your butt, since there is no way anyone would know.

I do know one thing, those digital download collectable mounts and pets were everywhere two weeks before MoP launched..   I think with the way Blizzard marketed it, that the amount of people who bought it dd is huge.  

The other thing is that if you bought a physical box at a store, you were hours behind everyone else.. people who DD´d it were able to play (for the most part) right at midnight.

Just from the amount of old friends that came back.. I am guessing 3.3 is doable.

• PurutzilPurutzil East Stroudsburg, PAPosts: 2,923Member Uncommon
    Typically it will wait so it looks to be as big as possible. Its all marketting.
  • Loke666Loke666 MalmöPosts: 17,949Member Uncommon

They will, the expansion will still sell fine and not releasing them for the first time would just lead to speculations.

• Loke666Loke666 MalmöPosts: 17,949Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Nadia

thats what im expecting too

GW2 did not announce launch day sales - and I'm expecting MOP won't either

GW2 went public with numbers after 2 weeks when they had sold 2 million copies, so they went for a large round number instead of a date. It is possible that Blizz will do the same but I somehow doubt it, I think they will release a sales day number this week.

Here's somthing D3 sold just 1million day1 and pre-order units at retails but add in digital and that number jumped to 3.5 million for the same period.  I see no reason why the same would happen with MOP.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/diablo-iii-sells-1m-at-retail-max-payne-3-hits-400k-in-may-npd-6382708

• syntax42syntax42 Columbus, OHPosts: 1,305Member Uncommon
    If only a third of the subscribers buy an expansion for release day, that does not seem like good numbers to me.  
  • kitaradkitarad RomePosts: 1,741Member Uncommon
    WoW is almost an 8 year old game ,I mean seriously 8 years. If it sells even 2 -3 million it is already a remarkable feat. Don't forget that games that came after it have not even touched the number it has. I mean to even suggest it is not doing well after everything is farcical.

• ThanesThanes St. Augustine, FLPosts: 182Member
    Speaking of Wow does anyone remember Pandamonium? around the same time as Thundar the barbarian, Smurfs and Pac Man.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1So6wFGpIo&feature=related
  • laseritlaserit Vancouver, BCPosts: 1,937Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by kitarad
    WoW is almost an 8 year old game ,I mean seriously 8 years. If it sells even 2 -3 million it is already a remarkable feat. Don't forget that games that came after it have not even touched the number it has. I mean to even suggest it is not doing well after everything is farcical.

Maybe in Joe Blow's eyes.

But to an executive if your customer's have dropped from 12million to 9million, that would be judged as doing very poorly.

I expect MoP sales to be just fine but lower than Cata, what really interests me is retention.

"If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you." - Bruce Lee

D3 sold just 1million day1 and pre-order units at retails but add in digital and that number jumped to 3.5 million for the same period.  I see no reason why the same would happen with MOP.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/diablo-iii-sells-1m-at-retail-max-payne-3-hits-400k-in-may-npd-6382708

i agree w you

im expecting MOP to sell at least 2 million for launch day sales and probably more

• ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    Perhaps their shenanigans with diablo 3 have backfired, although I still expect it to sell well when it launches in china and wotnot