Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What in-game class do u prefer to play?

What type of an in-game class do u prefer to play? I prefer to play a hybrid class like Druid since such class usually introduces a rich variety of game play. 

Comments

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131

I've always enjoyed the bow and arrow characters, Love my hunters in Wow and Rift, Am enjoying it in GW2 as well. I used to love casters, back from maxxing out magery in UO back in the day.

In Vas Flam, Corp Por for the win, LOL

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Depends on the game and what's available- I mostly prefer buffing/debuffing classes more than anything else for PvE, for PvP I prefer burst dps/cc

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Ive always liked DPS ranged magic-users. And thats been since my 1st days of playing AD&D back in the early 80's.

Now GW2 has moved my out of me comfort zone with its lack luster Elementaist class and has me playing a magic-melee class; the Mezmer. And Ive enjoyed it enough I made a Guardian, and have had a lot of fun playing a pure melee class for the first time since, well since playing a Fighter in AD&D.

But my first and favotrite in any game will always be the Wizard-style class.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

I am addicted to lightsaber LOL.

Always played a healer in MMOs (EQ2, AoC, Aion, Rift), but I found that I am in love with my Sith Assasin (Darkness - tank built) and that I am actually doing a pretty good job as a tank. That was a bit surprising for me but I absolutely love it :) not even saying that playing males in SWTOR is so much more fun than playing females :)

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    In MMOs I usually gravitate to tanky melee magic users (Guardian in GW2, blade/chaos in TSW, Justicar Cleric on Rift, Dark Templar in Age of Conan and so on). So far my favorite class in all MMOs I've played is WoW's feral druid.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I like magic melee types, played a Paladin in every MMO I played that has one. I'm still waiting on a DW magic weilding holy warrior though. GW2 Guardian comes close with Sword/Torch.
  • NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912
    I like to play tanks and I am attracted to them precisely because they are harder to play than straight DPS.
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

It really depends on the game.  In Precu SWG I played a creature handler/gunfighter, so maybe  a lot like a hunter type fighting ranged and with pets.  I also played a fencer/terikasi master in the same game though, so that was melee.

I like sword and shield a lot because I like to be close to the action and I like the look of armor.  In WOW my favorite class was warrior and paladin.

In GW2, I am playing a hunter.  It really suits me because I like exploring and trying to find the various pets kinda keeps me going on that.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Any non-magic-users classes for me.

Don't like any of that magic crap.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649
    Necromancer, Warlock, Mage Assassin...hrmm... that's the gist.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

I like jack of all trade type classes. If it heals, damages, debuffs, buffs, has ranged, has melee, etc ... I am all over it.

I traditionally cannot play for long specialization classes. Pure melee bores me, pure ranged bores me and no alternate or support role options bores me. I have played rogue type classes as alts often though.

Two classes I never play: Warrior types (they play like the stereotype they are: meat head/shield) and never, ever a tank. I also never play archers as they tend to specialize too much into one form of combat. I did however enjoy the Squig Herder from WAR. Pretty much the only thing I liked about that game. I would also add pure healers. I require a multi-purpose role and refuse to be a health bar healer and nothing more but I enjoy support in other ways (see below:).

I would likely vote my all time favorite class from any game to be the Lore-Master from Lotro. Tons of powers from single target to zomgZORCH aoe's, heals, pets, debuffs  and buffs contributing to about the most unique form of support play I have ever played in a class, tons of CC and shockingly effective melee (sword and staff dual-wield ... seriously what game ever offered that? 'Tis sweet as hell). All this coupled with the best talent system of any mmo (once you get them all that is and open all slots. Technically you can add legendary weapons as a secondary talent system as well on top of it).

The Captain class (and other support/heal type melee classes in other mmo's) I have also played but it's lack of dps and/or just a tad too much melee base deters me from doing more than just dabbling into this type of class.

Druids in Wow at once time were amazing ... when you could hybrid spec but Bliz has ensured now that their talent system is fully supportive to the needs of lobotomized monkeys and hybrids are not only dead but the system doesn't even allow it anymore. I am sure Bliz won't be satisfied until they simplify their game to be functional on a smart phone for the juvenile ADHD player base.

You stay sassy!

• OrdnasseloOrdnasselo Member Posts: 12

Shaman type classes have always been my go to.  The Beastlord from EQ will always hold a spot in my heart for favorite class ever followed by the FFXI Redmage and Beastmaster.  Hell I even loved the Vanilla WoW druid when actually actively shifting for the situation you needed at the time. 

Pet, heals, debuffs, buffs, melee, emergency tank,  all in one package.  Not the best at any but when someone played them right, and knew what you could do with your class, your spot in a group was well worth it.  (Beastlord)

Always liked the "twitch" aspect of the hybrid classes since even though you weren't the best at a certain task, if your group trusted you to be that backup <fill in roll> if needed , the personal satisfaction of doing that well and getting through it made my nights in game.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I would have said ranger a short while ago, but I really love GW2s thief class. The fast movement and semi twitched based system is just so fun to play. :)
  • MinjieMinjie Member Posts: 11

I usually play hybrid classes, but sometimes ill just play anything...

Also having Alt ADD sucks lol

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Any non-healer. When I heal...people die...it's like a kiss of death...lol

I prefer Caster DPS and Tank

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    A ranged class that's mainly DPS and support. As much as possible medium-heavy armor wearer. I enjoyed Rift's Marksman/Bard build, and GW2's Ranger profession.
  • Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Spoken like a true Dwarf. Let me buy ye a pint of ale.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

I used to alway play melee, mostly warriors, but if the game had a good rogue class that was great too.

Now I am starting to think, standing back and shooting huge fireballls might be a better way to go.

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199
    Always going for DPS. Mages or rangers.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Spoken like a true Dwarf. Let me buy ye a pint of ale.

Why do I see 2 people in full armor discussing this and the second asking "Dont you mean orc?" :)

But it would be nice with a MMO with not such much magic in it, it is not exactly like the heroes in Conan or Lord of the ring use that much magic, even Gandalf is only casting a few spells during all the books.

Personally I would like a historical MMO with no healing in it, that would rock. :)

And yeah, I am not so much fan of magic classes either.

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

1. Heavy Armor Classes with "heavy" pole weapons - Offensive and Defensive hybrids.
    Most mmos don't have those it's always "Warrior" offensive which does a pole weapon nor the "heavy" weapon any justice. (Aside from most not having pole weapons in most mmos).
    Examples: Dreadnaugh L2, Commando SWTOR (Heal and support), Lotro Captain (before moria and 3 colors).

2. Fast, utility classes. (_Not_ the stealth rogues, and cc mages i dislike those classes)
    Again most mmos don't have those either.
    Examples: Treasure Hunter L2, Mesmer GW2, Monk D&D. Sawbones Smuggler SWTOR.

• haplo602haplo602 Member UncommonPosts: 253

in order of preference:

1. healer/full support

2. ranged damage (be it magic or other)

3. stealth (thief and similar).

• oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79
    TANK TANK TANK all the way! image  i love to take beating