Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets spread the word about Darkfall:Unholy Wars.

BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

I for one want this game to have POPULATION and SUCCESS. I think we should do our part and spread the word about this game to others. Talk about it on your other forums you frequent or even in your current MMO or to your guild. The reason being is there are a lot of people that do not hear about games coming out. Most will check it out if you can sell them on it and they may buy it. Most of my friends rely on me to find out about games and sometimes they even tell me about things I haven't heard of.

Word of mouth spreads and for those that really want to play this and have a population lets get the word out. You might be surprised how many people never even heard of the original DF.

Comments

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    I can only remember far back when i heard about DF and it was pure luck as i was reading a forum not related to games at all and someone had misplaced a list of upcoming games and i did a skim read and i saw the word Darkfall among probably 10-15 other games, so yea that was really luck. I agree the word should be spread, I think there are still many, many people out there who are looking for a games like DF(UW) that have yet to know about it
  • BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by naljeja
    I can only remember far back when i heard about DF and it was pure luck as i was reading a forum not related to games at all and someone had misplaced a list of upcoming games and i did a skim read and i saw the word Darkfall among probably 10-15 other games, so yea that was really luck. I agree the word should be spread, I think there are still many, many people out there who are looking for a games like DF(UW) that have yet to know about it

Yea there definetly is. I hear people wanting a sandbox pvp mmo that is hardcore every now and again. Word of mouth can spread like wildfire. Too bad all these game companys like to rely on word of mouth. They should do commericials on tv to sell thier game. WoW does it and really that is a damn lot of exposure. That might also help with why they are so successful I don't know.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

tv ads are not cheap to make even if its CGI. the reason WoW did well with them is blizzard has money coming out of its backside to make the vids and had popular actors who never once touched WoW shout out about the game. 

the problem you will have with DF is that alot of players are jadded towards darkfall now. soany promoting you might do can have adverse effects. 

while i dont plan to try/play it as the game mechanic it uses do not meet my enjoyment standards, i will say good luck to them its hard for indie studios to make decent games without going bust. 

• TorlukTorluk Member Posts: 162

I'll start spreading the word once I've actually played it and can see if they really have fixed the flaws.  

Until then I'd just run the danger of hyping up what may very well turn out to be a poor game.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Originally posted by Torluk
    I'll start spreading the word once I've actually played it and can see if they really have fixed the flaws.  Until then I'd just run the danger of hyping up what may very well turn out to be a poor game.

This exactly.

If DF:UW is just the same FFA-slaughterhouse without anything else to do, then I'd rather advertise for any FPS outthere where there's no monthly subscription.

DF:UW needs safer areas to mind your own business and do some PvE and it needs consequences for killing players in these safer areas.
    In addition it needs ressources beeing tied to territorial warfare, so that there's something worth fighting for and it needs a deep crafting system and a good economy.

I'm not paying a monthly subscription for a pure FPS with tacked on skill-system.

• TorlukTorluk Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by Yalexy

I'll start spreading the word once I've actually played it and can see if they really have fixed the flaws.  

Until then I'd just run the danger of hyping up what may very well turn out to be a poor game.

This exactly.

If DF:UW is just the same FFA-slaughterhouse without anything else to do, then I'd rather advertise for any FPS outthere where there's no monthly subscription.

DF:UW needs safer areas to mind your own business and do some PvE and it needs consequences for killing players in these safer areas.
    In addition it needs ressources beeing tied to territorial warfare, so that there's something worth fighting for and it needs a deep crafting system and a good economy.

I'm not paying a monthly subscription for a pure FPS with tacked on skill-system.

From a personal perspective I agree with what you suggest Yalexy but I get the impression this is not gonna be how they've changed the game, which is fine as I really don't have a problem with Darkfall being one big FFA-slaughterhouse.  

The flaws I'm worried about are whether the gui really is fixed (i.e. don't need macros to optimise it), the exploits are gone and whether players will still need to be jacks of all trades to stay competitive.  If they fix those three things it would be enough for me.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

This exactly.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/365621/List-of-known-featureschanges-in-DF-UW.html

The item I highlighted looks like it's at least partially being dealt with.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

Originally posted by Nizur
    Originally posted by Yalexy   Originally posted by Torluk I'll start spreading the word once I've actually played it and can see if they really have fixed the flaws.   Until then I'd just run the danger of hyping up what may very well turn out to be a poor game.
    This exactly. If DF:UW is just the same FFA-slaughterhouse without anything else to do, then I'd rather advertise for any FPS outthere where there's no monthly subscription. DF:UW needs safer areas to mind your own business and do some PvE and it needs consequences for killing players in these safer areas. In addition it needs ressources beeing tied to territorial warfare, so that there's something worth fighting for and it needs a deep crafting system and a good economy. I'm not paying a monthly subscription for a pure FPS with tacked on skill-system.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/365621/List-of-known-featureschanges-in-DF-UW.html

That's atleast one step in the right direction. But you know, sometimes it's nice to just do some PvE-missions not having to bother about anyone else really, like running LvL4 missions in EvEs high-sec for example.

Somewhat safe PvE-content is what keeps people logging in to EvE Online grinding some ISK, when there's no war to fight.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Originally posted by Torluk I'll start spreading the word once I've actually played it and can see if they really have fixed the flaws.   Until then I'd just run the danger of hyping up what may very well turn out to be a poor game.
    This exactly. If DF:UW is just the same FFA-slaughterhouse without anything else to do, then I'd rather advertise for any FPS outthere where there's no monthly subscription. DF:UW needs safer areas to mind your own business and do some PvE and it needs consequences for killing players in these safer areas. In addition it needs ressources beeing tied to territorial warfare, so that there's something worth fighting for and it needs a deep crafting system and a good economy. I'm not paying a monthly subscription for a pure FPS with tacked on skill-system.

That's atleast one step in the right direction. But you know, sometimes it's nice to just do some PvE-missions not having to bother about anyone else really, like running LvL4 missions in EvEs high-sec for example.

Somewhat safe PvE-content is what keeps people logging in to EvE Online grinding some ISK, when there's no war to fight.

Well that already more or less exists in Darkfall. killing someone in a lawful area gives you a penalty, so the lawful areas are somewhat safer, and they're all fairly close to cities, which are safe.

The issue is the penalty for killing people hasn't been severe enough, something that has changed within the last year in Darkfall.

Even in high sec in Eve you can die.

Originally posted by DavisFlight

Originally posted by Torluk I'll start spreading the word once I've actually played it and can see if they really have fixed the flaws.   Until then I'd just run the danger of hyping up what may very well turn out to be a poor game.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/365621/List-of-known-featureschanges-in-DF-UW.html   The item I highlighted looks like it's at least partially being dealt with.
      That's atleast one step in the right direction. But you know, sometimes it's nice to just do some PvE-missions not having to bother about anyone else really, like running LvL4 missions in EvEs high-sec for example. Somewhat safe PvE-content is what keeps people logging in to EvE Online grinding some ISK, when there's no war to fight.
    Well that already more or less exists in Darkfall. killing someone in a lawful area gives you a penalty, so the lawful areas are somewhat safer, and they're all fairly close to cities, which are safe.

The issue is the penalty for killing people hasn't been severe enough, something that has changed within the last year in Darkfall.

Even in high sec in Eve you can die.

As I've played both, I actually know all that.

And that's why I'm saying that DF:UW needs to go the direction EvE was going.

In the beginning of EvE you could defend against CONCORD and get away. It took actually ages for CONCORD to even show up, and there wasn't that much PvE-content like missions in EvE either.
    It was the players constantly demanding more PvE-features and more safety, and CCP reacted to that and made EvE Online into the most succesful open world FFA PvP MMO to date, as they realized that catering to the players makes more players play their game.

The hardcore PvP-players are far too little of a group to financially backup a MMO like Darkfall over extended periods of time.
    Running the servers and constantly developing the game costs lots of money and you can't do that with less then some 50-100k subscribers these days and make a profit at the same time pleasing your shareholders.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Spread the word?  The game releases in two months and there isn't even a second of gameplay.  What word is there to spread exactly?

"hey guys, check out this video of a somber fat greek guy talking about this game while being incredibly vague"

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by Draemos

Spread the word?  The game releases in two months and there isn't even a second of gameplay.  What word is there to spread exactly?

"hey guys, check out this video of a somber fat greek guy talking about this game while being incredibly vague"

To let people know the game is coming and to keep an eye out. Also I know people want to check it out first before spreading the word but there is nothing wrong with trying to spread the word because in the end people will make thier own decisions if they want to play or not or wait.