Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvE server for darkfall UW?

googie23googie23 Member UncommonPosts: 6
its a great way to bring alot of new players into the darkfall world and when they are ready they can come to the PvP server and start a new character. never make an option to transfer from PvE to PvP.

Comments

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    NO Everything in Darkfall revolves around pvp and the ability to be killed at any time.  A pve only server would be an entirely different game.  Although the pve in Darkfall is better, harder, and more interesting than any other mmo I've ever played it will never come close to preparing someone for a pvp encounter.  (i.e. your get comfortable and transfer comment)
  • YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Originally posted by 123443211234
    NO Everything in Darkfall revolves around pvp and the ability to be killed at any time.  A pve only server would be an entirely different game.  Although the pve in Darkfall is better, harder, and more interesting than any other mmo I've ever played it will never come close to preparing someone for a pvp encounter.  (i.e. your get comfortable and transfer comment)

And that's exactly the reason why DF:UW will fail the same way as DF1.

A meaningless gankfest with FPS-combat.... I'd rather play any other FPS where there's no monthly subscription.

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244

Sorry to burst your bubble but DF1 did not fail it is stil going.  People that seem to want to change the ruleset of DF just don't get we aren't looking for millions of players not even hundreds of thousands just.....thousands of like minded individuals that want to play in a harsh environment where it takes actual skill to survive and thrive.

We like our niche game, aren't looking to make bazillions of dollars just a ffa full loot niche game.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

LOL

I'm telling you, when this game releases there will be SOOOOOO much people crying and raging...

• graffix_75graffix_75 Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by Yalexy

A meaningless gankfest with FPS-combat.... I'd rather play any other FPS where there's no monthly subscription.

Exactly right, Planetside 2 is a good example of a subless MMOFPS.

I know a ton of people that quit DF purely on the basis of the PvP mechanics, even an Eve online type system would work.

• Wizlock23Wizlock23 Member UncommonPosts: 107
    NO, i have played DF since it released , day one ---- there is NO way a pve only server would work.just trust me on this one , just not possible .

Originally posted by graffix_75
    Originally posted by Yalexy   Originally posted by 123443211234 NO Everything in Darkfall revolves around pvp and the ability to be killed at any time.  A pve only server would be an entirely different game.  Although the pve in Darkfall is better, harder, and more interesting than any other mmo I've ever played it will never come close to preparing someone for a pvp encounter.  (i.e. your get comfortable and transfer comment)
      And that's exactly the reason why DF:UW will fail the same way as DF1. A meaningless gankfest with FPS-combat.... I'd rather play any other FPS where there's no monthly subscription.
    Exactly right, Planetside 2 is a good example of a subless MMOFPS.

I know a ton of people that quit DF purely on the basis of the PvP mechanics, even an Eve online type system would work.

Firefall would be another one :)

• googie23googie23 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    it wouldnt be a PvE server only. you would flag up near player citys and if you hit other players. also could turn on PvP when ever you want., like any PvE sever in any mmo. when in a siege you would become PvPed near the city you were trying to attack.
  • googie23googie23 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    lots of ways to PvP on PvE servers
  • NC360NC360 Member Posts: 67

The Devs for the game are hardcore PvPers themselves, who are focusing on a niche market. In other words: they don't want to make a game for you. Seriously, they understand there are other games for that.

everyone understands what u mean, its just not posible in this game ...nor would it be fn at all-  if ur not playing it for the PVP then i suggest to find another game (not trying to sound rude here)  ...its just this game is made ALL ABOUT pvp ----when u farm for stuff its almost 100% chance u will get jumped and need to fight off the attacker, its what make it fun, knowing at any moment u could be attacked ---without that risk i honestly would not play this game (not to mention there isnt enough pve to keep people just doing pve) ---

as i said before , just take my word ...that mind set is not for this game

• rutaqrutaq Member UncommonPosts: 428

The base of the game is deisgned around player conflict, competition and risk.   It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I have to thank Adventurine for sticking to their guns and not giving to the easy mode Adventure Daycare masses.

The game is design for a often overlooked niche market and I hope enough of us step up and subscribe long enough for them to at least make some money after all the hard work.

Asking for a Darkfall PvE server makes baby jesus cry.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by googie23
    its a great way to bring alot of new players into the darkfall world and when they are ready they can come to the PvP server and start a new character. never make an option to transfer from PvE to PvP.

While the PvE combat/AI is probably the best in the MMO sphere, Darkfall really doesn't work without PvP. So much of the game's central focus and mechanics revolve around PvP, that if it were removed, the game would fall to pieces.

I PvE in Darkfall more than I PvP, and other than the AI, what makes PvE interesting is the constant threat of conflict.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

Because your actions as player having a persistant non scripted impact on the game world is meaningless. ok.

Why you people even bother to come on sandbox game forums when you cant seem to grasp the very basics of why people like sandboxes I cant understand. There is a plethora of themepark titles relevant to your interests, go there and leave us with our interest.

Originally posted by rutaq
    The base of the game is deisgned around player conflict, competition and risk.   It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I have to thank Adventurine for sticking to their guns and not giving to the easy mode Adventure Daycare masses. The game is design for a often overlooked niche market and I hope enough of us step up and subscribe long enough for them to at least make some money after all the hard work. Asking for a Darkfall PvE server makes baby jesus cry.

Look at EvE Online. The games is all about player-conflict aswell, yet they manage to provide somewhat safe content for the carebears without breaking their game.

Quiet contrary. All these carebears are needed to drive the games economy actually, and feed the warmachines.

Originally posted by rutaq
    The base of the game is deisgned around player conflict, competition and risk.   It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I have to thank Adventurine for sticking to their guns and not giving to the easy mode Adventure Daycare masses.

The game is design for a often overlooked niche market and I hope enough of us step up and subscribe long enough for them to at least make some money after all the hard work.

Asking for a Darkfall PvE server makes baby jesus cry.

Look at EvE Online. The games is all about player-conflict aswell, yet they manage to provide somewhat safe content for the carebears without breaking their game.

Quiet contrary. All these carebears are needed to drive the games economy actually, and feed the warmachines.

yet eve and darkfall are not alike in many many ways----  as someone else pointed out above . there are way to many games on the market right now that tend to the PVE side of games , or cater to the "carebears"  ..the game WILL never have a pve server so there is really no use in argueing , but   to ask for a game that is made one way  be changed from its roots and what its designed to do  should tell u ..THIS GAME IS NOT FOR YOU.  . again not to sound rude ...but i dont go play RIFT/EVE/age of conan/wow /etc etc and hope they change the very founation of the game , cause when i start playing a game i know what its ment for (pve or pvp ) and i play it for that reason .

again , asking for a pve server is asking for a diffrent game all together.  try df , if u dont like it i suggest u not hold ur breath for a PVE server :P

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

It will never happen.

Better security systems on the existing servers would be great though - as in more dynamic security, not "safer".

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

If they made a pve server no one would be left playing on the pvp shards.

Same thing happened with UO. 

Believe it or not most people prefer to not get ganked while farming materials and skills.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• EpuxEpux Member Posts: 5
    Not to bash you too  hard.. but if you want a pve server for Darkfall, you should just look in another direction.. Darkfall aint the game for you :)
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    I would like to see a soccer game without goals, just passing the ball.
  • midway22midway22 Member Posts: 9
    This game is just not for everyone; some people just really can't handle losing stuff in a game or dieing to another player. But I believe this game is for more people than they realize. Or atleast the game concept of free loot / full pvp / FPS. The game has had tons of issues but their concepts are what is amazing. Riding into battle with 100's of people all  risking their lives and gear to take a city that another clan has worked hard to build. Its just a different experience and one that has removed all interest in ever playing a PvE centered game for me. If you can ignore pixel crack cravings and digital item hoarding syndromes, this game offers a more meaningful and exciting experience. 
  • FondelFondel Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by googie23

I dont get it. Why do you people want to make every game the same? You got 1000000000 PVE mmo's to choose from. Why do you have to ruin every game? Darkfall is the only PvP game in the market, lets not ruin it please.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

Years ago they could have went down a path with this game where a PVE server would have made sense.  For a PVE server and PVE gameplay to make sense they would have had to add considerable amounts of non PVP focused and non PVP related sandbox content.  Many would have enjoyed this without a doubt.

However.  Just about every system in game needs PVP.  Without PVP a lot of this game doesnt make sense, without the high risk activity of farming mobs for enchants, specific weapons to transmute, and sometimes resources in an enviroment where your going to get ganked if you stay too long...the game becomes a really boring farming game.

The game is set up in so many different ways that to a normal gamer, seem stupid.  The field of view seems retarded, the loot system seems pointless, the fact that when you do just about anything it takes your focus away from your surroundings which enhances the risk to getting jumped just doesnt make sense.

Also...this is the ONLY game where sound is extremely important.  Your going to hear the badguys comming before you see them, and vice versa, the noises your making is going to be what alerts someone on the prowl that theres someone else near.

IMO this sound aspect is brilliant in a game like this.  When you hear something it makes sense to stop listen and try to figure out what race your hearing based on combat sounds, how the are fighting based on weapon or magic sounds....its fantastic.

So many of this games mechanics are based around creating a  hardcore FFA pvp enviroment.  It leads the game downa path where many of its mundane activites can be adrenaline inducing.  Without the ffa pvp aspect, a lot of this game just isnt anything special.

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by NC360

The Devs for the game are hardcore PvPers themselves, who are focusing on a niche market. In other words: they don't want to make a game for you. Seriously, they understand there are other games for that.

^^^ This right here. I only wish there were more like minded devs who would create these types of games for us hardcore pvp'rs. It is a smaller market but most games now a days PVP is just a lacking afterthought. People who PVP don't usually care about PVE so why would we want a PVE server?

This discussion has been closed.