Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Why has ArenaNET downgraded reporting Selling Gold as a priority?

2»

Comments

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan EastPosts: 2,630Member

If you wonder why I don't answer your posts, it's most likely because you are on my block list - so don't waste your time.

• fiontarfiontar Dana, MAPosts: 3,719Member
    Originally posted by spitfire1064

"A wise man has something to say, But a fool just has to say something." 

Practice what you preach.

Exactly. The irony of the OP wasn't lost on me either. :)

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Psychow
    I always reported gold sellers as "Spamming"

I did the same

goldselling is better reason than spamming

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta wallington, NJPosts: 2,136Member
    Originally posted by Uhwop

How is selling gold a scam? 

Scam:n.
    A fraudulent business scheme; a swindle.

tr.v., scammed, scam·ming, scams.
    To defraud; swindle.

My reasoning for reporting ALL gold sellers as scammers was because they were using HACKED accounts to sell the gold.

• OnigodOnigod Noord-HollandPosts: 688Member

every little things needs its own topic here.

Go google: What does scamming mean?

Think of what do gold sellers do? they give you gold for ur money

figured it out why theres now another option?  maybe arenanet tought it was fancy?.... .. . . .. . You answered it youtself "to me its scamming"   and to arenanet it seems they dont feel like that.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Port Orchard, WAPosts: 1,118Member

What reasoning led you to think that separating gold selling from other forms of spamming/scamming means Anet is making it a lower priority?  My initial reaction is that they are making it a higher priority by being so specific and not just grouping it under some vague umbrella term.  I could understand your reasoning if gold selling was a separate option that they rolled into scamming/spamming, but they did the exact opposite.

Or were you just trying to get people to come to your thread with an eye-catching title and convoluted post?

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• HomituHomitu Hometown, HIPosts: 2,030Member
    The answer is simply that the other options were not specific enough.  People were reporting gold sellers with the "spamming" option as well as the "scamming" option.  As a result, deciphering what the report was actually about probably took a little more work than was necessary.  If all gold selling reports get filed neatly under a gold selling category, there's no additional sorting work that needs to be done on Anet's end.  
  • RokurgeptaRokurgepta wallington, NJPosts: 2,136Member
    Originally posted by Homitu
    The answer is simply that the other options were not specific enough.  People were reporting gold sellers with the "spamming" option as well as the "scamming" option.  As a result, deciphering what the report was actually about probably took a little more work than was necessary.  If all gold selling reports get filed neatly under a gold selling category, there's no additional sorting work that needs to be done on Anet's end.  

And the winner of the thread is right here. ^^^^^^^^^^^

2»