Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

really pissed off at arenanet

RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
Been hack for 4 days now with only 2 irrelavent responses I know they have had over 10k accounts hacked but come on this is rediculous. And no support number are you kidding me who do these people think they are I purchased 2 games and both keys got hacked and the email changed these fuckers are getting better and better.

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    How the heck do you get both of your accounts hacked??! You should check for malware in your system, don't know what you use for passwords but I would also make sure those are better than pass123.

• RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318

come on man dont insult me im a mmo vet I dont do that I just got an email one day saying 

<p inner="" undoreset"="" role="main" aria-label="Message body" id="yui_3_2_0_1_1348790355292167">

Someone -hopefully you!- has requested to change the email address associated with your Guild Wars account.

Need help or have questions about your Guild Wars account? Visit our support site: http://support.guildwars2.com/.

Thanks!

-The ArenaNet Team

LOL I was like really HA! and I havent been able to get on since.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

Reusing username/password combos leads to hacked accounts.

You should check your other games, see which other ones you lost.

Do a google search man theres been over 10,000 players with this problem if they sink it will be because of this and on top of this there was a mass phising email sent out that said it was from arenanet I didnt get that though. If you check the forums alone its full of people that have been hacked. What happened was I have 2 games save on best buys downloader because thats where I bought them from so when my first account didnt work I went to create account and put in my second key on accident because I was trying to see if I was able to change my info for the first one and it made a new account so I logged on that one thinking it was my original account but then when I logged off my info was changed already and could get back on.
  • snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Half the blame these days has to go straight to the developers in ALL cases, yes ALL of them.  The day these lazy ahole publishers started insisting that people use their EMAIL ADDRESS's as their user name we were doomed.   Fantastic idea, lets make HALF of the user and password authentication process the same for every game out there and easily obtainable.
    I agree with that its a very stupid idea but I made a saperate email for GW2. and dont you have to download somthing from your email for people to ge in.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Did you not have the email verification thing on?
    I never got that email.
    Also I would be more worried about stuff other than gw2. If you have email verification on and still got hacked there's potential for your system to be compromised in way more ways than your gw2 account.
    The verification thing works by, if someone logs into gw2 from a different ip address to the last time they send you an email you have to click before you log in. It happens to me a bit, because I'm on cable so my ip address gets reallocated every so often.

im on cable as well I checked my other games there ok they have authentacaters and scanned my pc but found nothing I really dont know what to do here because I havent got a response in 4 days.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

If by tomorrow you don't have an answer yet, post in this thread:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-5-days-and-older-merged

Not sure if you can post after being hacked (since it's the same account), if you can't just get someone to post the incident number for you, if you want I can do it if you send it to me but I guess you'd feel more confident getting someone you actually know to do it for you.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

that would be awsome bro its 120927-003933 I dont have any friends that play atm.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by rasiem
    Been hack for 4 days now with only 2 irrelavent responses I know they have had over 10k accounts hacked but come on this is rediculous. And no support number are you kidding me who do these people think they are I purchased 2 games and both keys got hacked and the email changed these fuckers are getting better and better.

I feel you pain. I also believe there were more than ten k in those early day. Mine was hacked back then too.It took 3 days. No phone number to call CS, and just an overall lack of CS seems to be one of the major draw back for the B2P model.

good luck man. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    thanks man now of they were smart they would have had the authenticater from release I new being a F2p game this was going to happen programmers were just waiting for the release lol I bet D3 is hacker free right now lol.
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

Do a google search man theres been over 10,000 players with this problem if they sink it will be because of this and on top of this there was a mass phising email sent out that said it was from arenanet I didnt get that though. If you check the forums alone its full of people that have been hacked. What happened was I have 2 games save on best buys downloader because thats where I bought them from so when my first account didnt work I went to create account and put in my second key on accident because I was trying to see if I was able to change my info for the first one and it made a new account so I logged on that one thinking it was my original account but then when I logged off my info was changed already and could get back on.

Thats 10,000 no so smart people when it comes to account security

• Clypto75Clypto75 Member UncommonPosts: 70

Interesting, I received that email earlier today and was like - yea ok!

Got home and I cannot login. Nice, even tied it to a email that has no other games tied to it and never took it online for any other reason cept for Newegg purchases. Guess I am off to find out how to get this reversed.

not really man I didnt do a damn thing and they hacked me it had to be on there side I have been moving and just hooked my pc up since first week of release. I bet they got hacked like blizzard did when all thopse accounts were stolen.
    goodluck man I hope yours is better then mine because im pretty pissed not only for my account being hacked but because I was hoping the first month of launch would be a bit less hacked. I mean not being prepared for these kinds of people is just setting your game up for failure. I read that they had to hire 28 employees just to help answer to these tickets lol that has to be rough paying for all those extra hands so close to release.
  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    I agree with that its a very stupid idea but I made a saperate email for GW2. and dont you have to download somthing from your email for people to ge in.

One thing, at least with Gmail (haven't checked if it works with GW2 yet, though, since email changing is disabled). If your mail is gmail you can create an account with something like:

[email protected]

When email is sent to that account gmail basically ignores everything after the +, so it goes to [email protected]. That way you could have different account names for different sites/accounts that use email as the account number without actually having to have different accounts.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

My question is how do you people get hacked so easily? I have never in my entire 6 years as a gamer been hacked or briefed except for when phishing came along (but I quickly changed my password and other information after). 

I can only guess that its not as much ArenaNet's fault as the person who gets hacked. Using basic passwords, same ones you use for other sites, never changing it, etc is your own fault in my eyes. ArenaNet can only protect you to an extent, as can any company.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863
    Bro, periods go a long way. If I was ANet I wouldn't want to read your emails either.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

I have never been hacked up until cataclysm came out then my accound was always getting hacked I have no answer I am no newb when it comes to computers I even have a new computer so this is not possibly on my end these companys get hacked all the time man there not invinceable look at wow for example blizzard was hacked and had a bunch og authentacater keys stolen not to long ago compramising thousands of accounts as well as sony. Also there was an email that some got that saying someone from ***** Ip is tryinmg to access your account but the problem with this is people were getting it even when they were just trying to log on there own accounts. So when they would get it again they were so used ti accepting it not noticing it was a different IP address its just not an effeciant system an authentacater would have just been better. But like I said man I didnt get anything in my email then I just got one sayin my username was changed and there was nothing in the email to change it back tey said some didnt get them and have a ticket for it.

Periods are for newbs lol no on the real though I have Adhd and ty it as it comes to me or I forget lol sorry.

• KilraneKilrane Member UncommonPosts: 322
    After attempting to read the eyesore that is the random ramblings of the OP one can safely call this an all too often case of PEBKAC.
  • EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Did you not have the email verification thing on?

This thing is a pain in the ass, as centurylink keeps deciding to change what city my internet is coming out of, so I have to validate every day it seems as the game detects a new ISP.