Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New group-play SOEmote - Cool video!

DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

I remember MMORPG.com touching base on SOE's SOEmote. However, I don't remember seeing this particular video in their thread.

Check out the 0:50 mark.

I really hope this is in EQNext. Really cool! I love social features such as this:

VIDEO

Comments

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

Agreed and it will certainly be in EQN.  I personally think it will be an integral part of what makes EQN stand out.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/previews/everquest/soemote-and-eq-next

"Wait until you see spellweaving in the next EverQuest," Georgeson teased. "I've said too much but you've never played a game like it. I can promise you that."

View is currently at 30 degrees and can be read 10' away.  They can bump it up to 60 degrees and would like to get to hand and body movements.

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217
    its a gimmick and really of no gameplay value that I can see.  :(

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

It wouldn't be useful even if you could cast spells with it?

Also, I think MMOs that strictly focus on combat are getting old. The term "gameplay" should branch to every part of the game, not just combat. I'm not saying that's what you meant, just saying that in general.

You need a good combat system and content but additional content outside of this has been missing from a lot of MMOs IMO.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Originally posted by Kenze

Other than perhaps solving the greatest limitation in roleplaying mmorpg's have had: Controlling your character to a level of degree in real time where it actually simulates real life ... the holy grail of virtual world simulation.

Ya ... totally pointless o.0

You stay sassy!

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

That is really, really cool, with integrated voice chat that would make roleplaying/communicating in groups much funner.

SoE isn't my favorite company by any means, but my hats off to them for making something that is genuine innovation in this genre. image

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

im not gonna lie..

im gonna make a old wrinkly character with long hair and a staff,  find the nearest fire ridden land scape with some impossible to beat golem and shout at the screen:

YOU   SHALL   NOT  PAAAAASSSS!!!!!..

and then die...

but at least i can say ,  ya i did that :)

Originally posted by Wolfenpride

That is really, really cool, with integrated voice chat that would make roleplaying/communicating in groups much funner.

SoE isn't my favorite company by any means, but my hats off to them for making something that is genuine innovation in this genre. image

It's already in EQ2 and tied to it's integrated voice chat which is where game footage was recorded.  I like that they added the group face windows as you arent always facing your group mates.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Originally posted by Kenze

I've always look at EverQuest as a more "adult" MMO when compared to something like WoW.

This is a great feature. It may not be for you, but it's stuff like this that adds so much more flavor to the game.

• SneakyRussianSneakyRussian Member Posts: 54

If EQ3 looks anything near as bad as EQ2, or worse...anything like WoW or SWTOR, I don't see EQ3 taking off like it needs to.

The original EQ had a specific artstyle to it that lended itself to be for mature audiences.

That, and the gameplay needs to be that of a Sandpark or Sandbox. Themeparks just aren't sustainable anymore, and EQ wasn't a Themepark (it was a Sandpark fyi).

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035

i think its a great idea and a step in the right direction.

hopefully to maximize the benifits eqn goes back to first person.

alli need to hear then is that it wont be a raidcentric game and im sold.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I just wonder if I'll be needing some kind of "kinect" peripheral in the future...

It IS a cool feature, though. Not quite where the visual and sound synch up very well yet, but definitely a good start :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR