Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bought MOP...

Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

I'm not a fanboi of any game. I've played most, including all expansions of WoW, Darkfall, SWTOR, most recently, GW2.. and MANY MANY more Anyways..

MOP ruined WoW (for me)

Class diversity is next to gone.

If you haven't played yet, the biggest change is a huge turnoff.  I'm not talking pandas and monks, I'm talking about the change to the talent trees.  Before, you'd get a talent point every level starting at 10, then every other level starting at 10, now it's.. You get 6 total points for 90 levels, You pick skills based on a tiers 1 skill choice per tier.

The difference between 1 shaman healer and the next?? not much.  They are all forced to have the same skills.  Oh, and the need to actually learn a skill at a trainer is gone.

I was playing my Healer/ret paladin.. and my rotation? LOL.. what rotaition? If it's off cool down, press it.  If you have multiply foes, press this instead.  Stupid.

Healed with my shaman last night.. VOMIT.. so ridiculously easy.  No real skill choices. No multi totem drops.. instead..?? Right, I get a few totems based on my chosen "tree"..  

And monk?? so.. weak.. can't .. even... log him on....... 

They introduced mini battles.. ALA POKEMON.. seriously? Really? 

I can only hope this is a good thing for the rest of the genre, hopefully, they'll stop copying WoW, and creat their own game.

In Case you are wondering, Yes, I will be playing, but my subscription has been cancelled. 6 hours after I started it.  Sadly, nothing else to really play, aside from GW2.. but that's not really all that much fun either.. 

Currently playing Real Life..

http://i36.tinypic.com/2uyod3k.gif

For all your stalking needs..
http://www.plurk.com/Random_

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Random_mage

Oh, and the need to actually learn a skill at a trainer is gone.

That sucks.  They should be leaving the little things in, not removing them to make the game more accessible.  What's next?  Having a little pre-programmed golf cart to zip you around between quest hubs and quest objectives, and then turn them in for you when you're finished?  At least they brought back world bosses.

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129
    be prepared for the flame Wrath of the Little Pandas lol
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

So far, I've enjoyed everything except the talent trees. And I've made no bones about my distasted for what they did to them.

The pet battles were much more fun than I had anticipated. Once I tried them, I was hooked. Never played Pokemon, but my son still does, so I see the comparisons.

I like the Pandas.

Don't care for the Monk, but it doesn't bother me.

Will also not be resubbing after my current go-around. Not do to hatred, but because I have other games I want to experience.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Wish the current crop of MMORPG was worth exploring, but, like I said, hopefully due to these changes, the rest of the developers will not copy the set up.  If anything, due to the changes, WoW is becoming more like GW2 as far as skill options go.. I mean due to the limited skill choices.. 

I didn't even address the fact that they locked classes out of using all of their skills if it isn't in their tree..

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Remember the class quest's, some of those were really cool.  I really miss the original concepts and design of WoW.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    I agree completely with the OP.
  • GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by Hrica
    be prepared for the flame Wrath of the Little Pandas lol

World of Kung Fu Pokemon Craft

• ParasitenoirParasitenoir Member Posts: 43

I disagree with this post.  If you actually take the time to look at the talent trees there are pretty damn good.  Each ability you select has alot more freaking value to your build.  Not being able to train your abilities, who the F*** cares, makes leveling easier not always having to go to the trainer and saves you some gold.  

I believe you are just flamming to flame cuz of something.

With the talents - for instance on my pally - lvl 15, do i want a cd of 70% increased speed, a perma speed buff for only 30% with 3x holy power up, or do I want to slow people down with judgements.  Those are al big decisions and all viable for each spec.  Sure some are maybe a little more geared towards one specific roll - however then that all changes dependent upon PVE or PVP.

I just find your claims false with new talent system.  It makes things more interesting if anything - and choices have more value rather than dumping 5 points to increase my passive crit.  Now everything i select i get to see and use.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by Eir_S

That sucks.  They should be leaving the little things in, not removing them to make the game more accessible.  What's next?  Having a little pre-programmed golf cart to zip you around between quest hubs and quest objectives, and then turn them in for you when you're finished?  At least they brought back world bosses.

They removed melee from my hunter! /facepalm

Seriously tho... I am getting so fed up with Blizzard changing things that DO NOT need changing!!

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Parasitenoir

I disagree with this post.  If you actually take the time to look at the talent trees there are pretty damn good.  Each ability you select has alot more freaking value to your build.  Not being able to train your abilities, who the F*** cares, makes leveling easier not always having to go to the trainer and saves you some gold.  

With the talents - for instance on my pally - lvl 15, do i want a cd of 70% increased speed, a perma speed buff for only 30% with 3x holy power up, or do I want to slow people down with judgements.  Those are al big decisions and all viable for each spec.  Sure some are maybe a little more geared towards one specific roll - however then that all changes dependent upon PVE or PVP.

I just find your claims false with new talent system.  It makes things more interesting if anything - and choices have more value rather than dumping 5 points to increase my passive crit.  Now everything i select i get to see and use.

Are getting talent's similar to getting talent's in D3?

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

I am not flaming just to cause strife. WoW is an rpg at heart, learning skills at a trainer is part of the roleplaying part.
    Each class tree has access to all of the same talent skills. If you choose the a tree, you are locked in to how you have to play your character. Bad design.
    Eliminating choices is always a bad idea.

They are getting rid of a lot of the individual fluff that comes with playing the game, but adding fluff that keeps you in the game. Stuff that you have to do in game like pet hunting... No more skill design charts.
    I guess thats good for blizzard, but I like to feel immersion in what I can do with charcter when I am not playing. Not what I have to do when I play. Seems weird, I know, but I dont like the thought of yet another time sink...

• ParasitenoirParasitenoir Member Posts: 43

Yeah but then I ask you this.  How many builds did you play that wernt - researched and spec'd as cookie cutter or for top DPS in PVE or PVP.  I mean before yes you had more stuff to click on, but even then everyone was just running the same builds.  TO maximize dps that was all.  People were not playing it as an RPG, people just min/max because of the competitive edge that wow gives with world first raids and the RBGS and Arena.

Now with the new talents, you do not have to worry about the Min/Maxing aspect of the game.  You can with gems i guess but that is also up to the player.  Now with the abilites everyone can be a little different and not worry about min/max but what 6 abiliites best suit my playstyel and let me do what I want to do.

Also the hunter thing - that does suck - u cant have melee weaps and a bow ne more.  Really lame.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I guess this will change the whole "Hunter Weapon" (i.e. EVERYTHING!!!) thing...lol

Thats the point.. The 6 abilities. Classes that did multiply things all melded to one. Class distimction.. Gone

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

There was some korean f2p game (forgot name, anyone can help?) that had auto-questing feature.  Seriously it was in-build bot that would run for you in and from quest objective.  Since mainstream mmorpg's borrow things from f2p korean ones then well - who knows? ;p

Anyway - mmorpg's (and some other game types as well) stripped themself from dozens of little things in order to streamline - that they became bore and snorefests.  

Thats the point.. The 6 abilities. Classes that did multiply things all melded to one. Class distimction.. Gone

What's worse is that now the game goes as far as to tell you what your specs "optimal" rotation is and when you should be using which abilities.

I've never paid attention to my shot rotations before. Didn't care. Don't need to be "best". Now, everytime I do something that is not in my "optimal" rotation, I expect a popup window that says: "You're playing it wrong"(tm).

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

image Now mmo are action game not immersive world where you have to spend time to do things.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

Eh.. It was gone even before, there was always one "best build" for any type of, say, protection or retribution paladin, you just needed to go visit "elitist jerks" website and you were set.

Everyone and their mother was using their builds for whatever needs - leveling, PvP, raiding...

You could set your own talents and you risked getting laughed at in raids...

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by fenistil

There was some korean f2p game (forgot name, anyone can help?) that had auto-questing feature.  Seriously it was in-build bot that would run for you in and from quest objective.  Since mainstream mmorpg's borrow things from f2p korean ones then well - who knows? ;p

Anyway - mmorpg's (and some other game types as well) stripped themself from dozens of little things in order to streamline - that they became bore and snorefests.  

LOL, thats almost all of them :-)   The one I played was called Eden Eternal (pretty neat game as it allowed you to change to any class and level them up individually).

I have to admit I loved the feature.  Get a quest. Select auto-route.  And while my toon was on its way I would level up, read up on skills, speak to guildies, etc.  Very efficient.  Some of the problem I have with 'advanced' MMOs is sometimes I cant find the daym thing I am supposed to be questing for.  Then I spend (waste) time looking.  That's not fun for me.

Got grindy in the mid 30s, and game needed another downpour of love to elevate quality and flesh out its experience but was a fun nice-looking romp for an F2P title.

• AzzatakyAzzataky Member UncommonPosts: 208

I'm not a fanboi of any game. I've played most, including all expansions of WoW, Darkfall, SWTOR, most recently, GW2.. and MANY MANY more Anyways..

MOP ruined WoW.

Class diversity is next to gone.

If you haven't played yet, the biggest change is a huge turnoff.  I'm not talking pandas and monks, I'm talking about the change to the talent trees.  Before, you'd get a talent point every level starting at 10, then every other level starting at 10, now it's.. You get 6 total points for 90 levels, You pick skills based on a tiers 1 skill choice per tier.

The difference between 1 shaman healer and the next?? not much.  They are all forced to have the same skills.  Oh, and the need to actually learn a skill at a trainer is gone.

I was playing my Healer/ret paladin.. and my rotation? LOL.. what rotaition? If it's off cool down, press it.  If you have multiply foes, press this instead.  Stupid.

Healed with my shaman last night.. VOMIT.. so ridiculously easy.  No real skill choices. No multi totem drops.. instead..?? Right, I get a few totems based on my chosen "tree"..  

And monk?? so.. weak.. can't .. even... log him on....... 

They introduced mini battles.. ALA POKEMON.. seriously? Really? 

I can only hope this is a good thing for the rest of the genre, hopefully, they'll stop copying WoW, and creat their own game.

In Case you are wondering, Yes, I will be playing, but my subscription has been cancelled. 6 hours after I started it.  Sadly, nothing else to really play, aside from GW2.. but that's not really all that much fun either.. 

You've never new that Blizzard is another money making machine? Some companies try to make a good game and also make money. Blizzard doesnt realy mind about "good game". No, D3 is not GG, for some, ofc, but mostly, its for masses, same as WoW, same as Titan will be. They like money, we can't blame em, but thats why I stopped with WoW at 80, didn't want to do the same again and again in a game where skill almost doesn't matter and its going easier and easier. WoW was good while vanila or TBC, why? Cause usual player wasn't "hardcore causal" guy who comes home from work and plays a bit, or a kid who wants everything easy and right now. These days are gone, Blizzard simply changed the game for new masses. Therefore "oldschool" players who like challenge and fun won't probably find what they want in Blizzard games. It has only one hard core thing, so much farm that even asian people are saying - OMG, we have to farm again?

Played: Lineage 2,Guild Wars 1 and 2, Age of Conan, Ragnarok Online, LOTRO, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, EvE online
    Tried: KAL Online, Face of Mankind, ROSE online
    Playing: CS:GO

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

What's worse is that now the game goes as far as to tell you what your specs "optimal" rotation is and when you should be using which abilities.

I've never paid attention to my shot rotations before. Didn't care. Don't need to be "best". Now, everytime I do something that is not in my "optimal" rotation, I expect a popup window that says: "You're playing it wrong"(tm).

This is what comes of a company deciding to fix created content and game balance isssues by taking away the freedom of the player. "We're tired of having to do all that work so from now on you will only play how we tell you to play."

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

Originally posted by Parasitenoir

I care because all these littles features are what make the rpg in the mmorpg. You get rid of one feature , no big deal, but after a while all this little features are gone and the immersion is gone with them.

Why because he tells you what he thinks? These days anyone who dare tell their opinion are flaming..

What is important about is to having the choice, you can choose to not put point in passive skill and i can choose to do so. That is another think who is part of the rpg element. Now we have less and less choices in mmo.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Lets stop pretending there was choice or uniqueness in the old system, there wasn't.  

Originally posted by expresso

Lets stop pretending there was choice or uniqueness in the old system, there wasn't.  

Ummmmm......yes, yes there was. You could choose to spec all they way down one tree and be completely different than the other trees, or you could mix-and-match from each tree and be a snowflake, too.

"Gimping" was once a valid choice.

Originally posted by fenistil

Yeah there are games like that here an example:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/854/Soul-of-Guardian.html

Everything is auto. You just clikc to accept the quest but the game does everything eles, auto-loot, auto-fight, auto-run etc.

It is the future of mmorpg? i hope not.