Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm Praying that Titan is Blizzards Ace

124»

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Titan will come out and ruin EverQuest Next's release.   :(   
  • bestiacorpusbestiacorpus Member Posts: 114

Titan will come out and it will be a WoW-clone... with Farmville'ish accessability, a sprinkle of Minecraft flavor, and mindless console FPS queueing polished to shine like a unicorn's twinkly butt.

It has to be.  The success of WoW is something that comes out once in a generation.  I highly doubt Blizzard, or the higher ups controlling Blizzard, will try to re-invent the mmo wheel.  The game has high possibilities that it's going to be based on WoW's success and some really casual-friendly browser game that you can play on your phone.  There's just too many dollar signs involved.  I wouldn't be surprised if they announce the game will focus more on the e-sport scene.  They can use their name and the almost legendary $tatu$ of WoW as a legitimate moneymaker to pull in companies not even related to the gaming industry.

It's already making me sad.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

I hope that Titan is Blizzard's "ace" too because if my recent disappointments in D3 and now MoP are anything to go by, I think they are past their prime.

However, as I said in a thread a few days ago, the hand of Blizzard on the gaming industry has been felt in new game companies like ANet and Runic, who have released some extremely high quality games on their own. In that sense, no matter what happens to Blizzard, they have left their mark on the industry.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by Uhwop
    Originally posted by FlawSGI
    Originally posted by VengeSunsoar
    Originally posted by Uhwop
    Originally posted by FlawSGI

Depends on what context one is discussing flop. Did it sell a lot of copies? Sure it did and you provide plenty of evidence to support your view. But what about discussing it in terms of value and entertainment, did it meet expectations? To many (me included) that is a huge no and I'd go as far as to say that to many people who have supported Blizzrd products in the past, this was a slap in the face. I don't think that just because box sells were high, the state and content of the game should be overlooked and this, as far as I am concerned, may have been the last Blizzard product I buy after what I feel has been shoddy products for years. I bought them on reputation and past games I enjoyed by the company but that has become a thing of the past in my eyes. Titan would have to be pretty damned amazing for me personally to want to buy it because I really have zero problems with nostalgia when I think about Blizzard. Numbers don't tell the whole story.

Opinion isn't something you can argue as factual, it's an opinion.  There is only one context when you label something as a flop, and that is it didn't sell or sold considerably less then it's predicessor, neither of which happened in the case of D3. 

You're attempting to argue your opinion against facts.  The guy your trying "prove wrong" gave you facts that can't be argued against with opinions. 

Just because you didn't like D3 doesn't make it a flop because you inject opinion into it.  10 million copies sold is a fact, and it's a fact that any game that sells that many copies is a success. 

Few games manage to sell 10 million copies, let alone 10 million in a months time.  Some of you here, where people are notoriously critical and have a general dislike of Blizzard, may not of liked the game, however it didn't sell all of it's copies in the first week.  People were still buying it several weeks later.  You don't sell a couple million copies of a game a few weeks after it releases because most people that purchased it disliked it.  If so many people didn't like the game, it wouldn't have managed to reach 10 million boxes sold, it would have sold heavily in its initial release and then simply died off. 

The fact is the game was received very well by the general gaming public, even if many people found some faults in it, and your opinion is entirely irrelevent to that fact. 

MoP is not Titan, Blizzard has stated that it's an entirely new IP and not like WoW. 

The OP did not make any assumptions about Titan, he stated his HOPES that it will be a good game that will continue Blizzards record of succesfull development. 

People around here are so full of spite and vinager that people can't even make a simple post expressing an opinion with anything to do with Blizzard without a bunch of people jumping on them to condemn their post and feelings. 

I am chastised. :)

My own opinion is that I hope Titan will be good.  The only thing I have to go by is WoW, I've enjoyed it off/on for many years.  Funny enough I still don't have a max level player in it.  I just take my time, do my own thing.  Wow let me do this. 

I am not sure but I think he meant me Venge. I couldn't tell because the meat of his rant didn't match what either of us wrote really so I could be wrong. In any case if it was directed my way, I wasn't arguing my opinion on anything, and I cetainly wasn't trying to prove anyone wrong, simply played devils advocate in stating that meaybe the OP erred in using flop instead of sucked but I understood what he meant without playine the senactic card. The rest was my personal input regarding Titan and Blizzard in general but was in no way stating my own opinions as anything other than how I feel about the brand. And I see someone else decided to play the numbers game and it feeds little into what the point was. I certainly didn't condemn anyones feelings and in a way I was agreeing with the OP, hence the confusion regarding the quoted rant.

I was ideed addressing you and not the OP, because like you I also understood that the OP meant they didn't like the game. 

I was specifically addressing your "context of flop" in which there is only one.  Flop has never ment anything other failed, there is no other context in which you put it. 

You opinion, doesn't change fact.  A game did not flop when it sold 10 million copies.  And you can not claim it only sold as well as it did because of the names associated with it when it was still selling better then most games several weeks after it released. 

Word of mouth pushes sales beyond the first few weeks, not the title or developer name.  Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean that most people didn't.  If most people didn't like it, it wouldn't have reached 8.8 million AFTER THREE MONTHS. 

Yes it was a rant, and yes I think you're smart enough to have understood exactly what I was saying.  No, you did not state your opinion as just your opinion, you injected it as fact. 

Ya know sadly I made pretty darned sure I injected enough indicators to point out that this was my opinion and not some facts. The only portion that could possibly be taken as me saying a fact was the part about being a slap in the face to many consumers but anyone can get this idea just from reading others opinions on WoW. The rest has been highlighted for someone like you who chooses to get upset because our views don't match and claim I stated things I did not. As stated previosely, and yes I understand very well what  flop is, I was merely stating what I was sure the OP meant and not just sayiing his opinon was wrong because he used the wrong word in the right context. I was in no way arguing that WoW flopped, only it may not have met expectations. 

My opinion also never claimed the game didn't sell millions of copies and I highlighted that for you as well because it was never argued. I think you are seeing red and reading stuff that isn't there.

As to claiming it sold because of its IP, I stated thats why I bought it and once again never spoke for anyone else. People like you are why I feel the need to post so many I's in my responses and you still get it wrong.....

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212

I'm loving how you derive conlusions regarding Blizzards future based on Diablo 3 - which was, in all seriousness, a fantastic game.

I remember an aquaintance telling me how D3 is bad because it's so repetitive, to which I laughed and asked "what did you expect? WoW 2?"

he said "yes...."

For what it is, D3 is impressively good and having failed rare, hardcore enthusiasts who spent years in D2 trading items on dodgy websites can't ever - in no concievable way, seriously - offset that fact.

Most of you are just repeating what you've heard anyway, so that's just... ugh...

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by nsignific

I'm loving how you derive conlusions regarding Blizzards future based on Diablo 3 - which was, in all seriousness, a fantastic game.

I remember an aquaintance telling me how D3 is bad because it's so repetitive, to which I laughed and asked "what did you expect? WoW 2?"

he said "yes...."

For what it is, D3 is impressively good and having failed rare, hardcore enthusiasts who spent years in D2 trading items on dodgy websites can't ever - in no concievable way, seriously - offset that fact.

Most of you are just repeating what you've heard anyway, so that's just... ugh...

agree. besides i m sick of those who say that they are let down by MoP without even playing it. i m playing it and the game rocks. its by far the best exp so far by blizz. i can say its better even by tbc, in many aspects. so, play the game and then express an opinion, even if its negative, or dont speak at all

• bakabrödbakabröd Member Posts: 129

your praying to whom? the pc gods of mmo gaming lol?

• bestiacorpusbestiacorpus Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by bakabröd

your praying to whom? the pc gods of mmo gaming lol?

imho

Pray to the gamer god of reproduction.

We need more gamers to play all these titles!

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    WoW was too casual and had a horrendous community, if they fix that I might give TItan a try, but I doubt it.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by CalmOceans
    WoW was too casual and had a horrendous community, if they fix that I might give TItan a try, but I doubt it.

I don't care about community if the game is good. If titan is f2P, i will try no matter.

• CuathonCuathon Member Posts: 2,211
    Originally posted by lordpenquin

Wow has been with us for about 8 years (nov 04 to nov 12).  Let's say they have never dropped below 7 million subs. 

7 million x $15 / month x 12 months = 1 TRILLION, 260 MILLION dollars a year for 8 years so they have about 9 trillion dollars in income.  That's just the monthly fees, not the box sales.    You would think a company that makes 1 trillion or more a year could put out more than 4 expansions in 8 years!   Wow should be the BEST mmorpg on the planet because bliz should put that money into development, but no.   

Less time playing WoW and more time in math class. WoW has gross profit of about 15 billion dollars including all box sales and store purchases. Then you take out the dev wages and server costs and the original budget and the budget for new content and cash shop items. WoW has made about 8-10billion dollars maximum for the company.

Guys, all you have to do is count the damn 0s. No one should be a factor of 100 off in such a simple calculation.

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by CalmOceans

I don't care about community if the game is good. If titan is f2P, i will try no matter.

It'll more then likely be F2P with RMAH.