Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Monk Game Play Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard Entertainment has released a brand new video featuring game play footage featuring the newly introduced Monk class. The video was shot using the upcoming Mac World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria client. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    I have yet to enjoy a melee class in WoW. Though this one looks slightly more intersting than the others, ima pass.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    after playing GW2 for over a month WoW's graphics look like absolute crap.....i seriously can't believe i played WoW for years with those graphics......
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I'm feeling the same, I thought I could look past it, I gave it a good three days, I finally logged back into GW2, then when I came back to wow it was like starting over again with trying to look past the graphics.

It didn't hurt that I took my under undergeared prot pally into some mop dungeons without reading up on anything and pulled 3-4 mobs at a time. I think it safe to call wow the substitute ref and GW2 the real deal. I was like man I can't do this, I stayed till the end of the dungeon just for the sake of the 4 other random people I was with, logged out and back into GW2 wvw, where graphics are shiny like a new car compared to wow, first thing I come up to is a catapult launching off, I'm thinking I hope that doesn't hit mean, I follow the smoke trail and realize I'm safe. So much going on...
  • Unknown23Unknown23 Member Posts: 47

that looked horrible.

the animations were just, wow.

I will give you color, the brightness of the game is nice in my book and creates a good mood. I think the darkness of Rift, and Swtor really turns me off of those games. GW2 has its spots, but its not like wow's rolling green fields that put you in a state of aww, with that wow also has its dark corners as well and I'm not talking about icc, they masked darkness very well with snow.

Animations.... Well your off your rocker, my charr can dodge, dive, dip, dance, and uh oh oh oh oh oh.... Charr can do the tootsie roll!!!
  • umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519

If GW2 is so amazing, why are the hours played in a total freefall since September 3rd? 

I bought the game. I honestly found it to be very uninspired, the gameplay extremely bland... with neither fun abilities nor any sense of progression after level 30.

I've played MoP for longer than I did GW2. It's actually fun and interesting to quest there. 

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by umcorian

I bought the game. I honestly found it to be very uninspired, the gameplay extremely bland

You just summed up the way I feel about MoP.

Different strokes eh?

Not going to argue some of your points except your numbers, I mean the game launched on the 28th of Aug, so yeah people waited forever for it, of course the number of hours is going to be up right at launch compared to a month later, people settle in and resume normal schedules.
  • GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312
    WoW looks very dated.....had that Runes of Magic feel looking at it just now. I applaud, and shake my head at them beating this dead horse....
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

If GW2 is so amazing, why are the hours played in a total freefall since September 3rd? 

I bought the game. I honestly found it to be very uninspired, the gameplay extremely bland... with neither fun abilities nor any sense of progression after level 30.

I've played MoP for longer than I did GW2. It's actually fun and interesting to quest there. 

I would think that you are in the minority with that assessment.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Well I have to say that the actual gameplay of GW2 is much more fun than WoW. I have been playing both and in WoW you just kinda stand there if you are melee. There is no anticipating the mobs moves and dodging. Trying to out-maneuver a Mob is part of a true battle. WoW simply is "un-wow" after playing GW2.

I still am going to play MoP and GW2, but GW2 is a superior game when it comes to actual combat/gameplay.

Disclamer: WoW is still one of my all time favorites.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• SmashembroSmashembro Member UncommonPosts: 18
    I have just returned to WoW after a long time away from the game playing  FE,Swtor,GW2 and a few other games and beta tests along the way.I have been really surprised at how much I am enjoying the game again. The grapics are only a small part of the make up of the game and maybe the biggest  thing is getting  back  with guild mates and just kicking back and having fun.
    My monk can throw a jab completely miss but it still counts as a hit, its worse than wwe Monday night RAW!!!
  • mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    I know the game is dated but those combat animations are just bad. This has to be the first wow xpac since launch I passed on, after this vid I made the right decision.
  • NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by mikuniman
    I know the game is dated but those combat animations are just bad. This has to be the first wow xpac since launch I passed on, after this vid I made the right decision.

agreed. First WoW expac I passed on, and by everything that I am hearing from my friends, I made the right decision. 

• Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137
    Have not played WoW in about 5 years, never bought GW2 or SWTOR (and beta tested GW2 and dont give two licks about it) so I guess I am definitely in the minority.  At this point I would be interested in going back to WoW if they make it B2P and drop the subscriptions altogether, they can generate money from box sales and whatever fluff items/mounts they sell (that I personally dont care about).  I dont see that happening for a while though.

• Hell_HammerHell_Hammer Member Posts: 75

...and what's with the big evil scaly rabbit?

I mean...what the fuck...?

• oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79

so this is the "big" new expansion pack we all been waiting for ? ughhh

What is wrong with the graphic and that bloody giant rabbit , omfg, don't make me laugh.

We are in 2012 , i'm sorry to say but that graphic just looks terrible.

WoW is getting too old to keep up with the rest of the market.Worth not a penny from my pocket image

They should have called this the cataclysm, monk gameplay is not really fun, I think we are about to lose some American mmoer's from the population. Have fun Chinese noobs, take our jobs and our video games.
  • GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263

best WoW expansion: Burning Crusade

best ranged class: mage

best melee class: paladin

best faction: horde

once you play with those two classes, the rest are going to be meh; after Burning Crusade, the following expansions are meh; the goblins should have been the neutral race, but Blizz decided that pandas are more suitable for that, so, oh well, for the Horde anyway.

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by Badaboom

I would think that you are in the minority with that assessment.

Two weeks ago, I would have said maybe. Now, I'm pretty sure I'm not. 

• BurninatorXBurninatorX Member Posts: 25

I just finished giving wow its 3rd and final chance cus the account was free on my end. My friends kept trying to tell me "you didn't get to the fun part yet".

Note: If a game is not fun within the first 27 hours (/played on one toon not several).... your so called "best game/mmo ever" isn't even mediocre.

The combat is soooooo boring and stale, the whole game just feels very very dated. It honestly feels like playing a free mmo, and I've played MANY free mmo's. The whole game is just an endless "carrot on a stick" (gear grind). Dont forget the fact that all the gear looks terrible and the game isnt fun enough to be worth the grind even if the gear was awesome. Not to mention the terrible graphics and animations. And i dont mean art style cus thats an opinion. I mean really low polygon count and really low res textures, thats numbers, you can't debate math. FFS the loading screens arent even the right resolution to fit your screen, not only that but most are low res and stretched so theyre blurry.

In trade chat I got hundreds of people to admit that they only play because their friends play or all the time they have invested in it, and that they wouldnt play if they had to start over from scratch without a linked account. News flash, if you wouldn't do it over again or alone, the game isn't really any good.

• MueslinatorMueslinator Member Posts: 78
    Originally posted by Nevulus
    Originally posted by mikuniman

agreed. First WoW expac I passed on, and by everything that I am hearing from my friends, I made the right decision. 

Well, my old WoW guild (I haven't played WoW for quite a time now, but I'm still active on the forums) mostly was pretty amazed by MoP. They were positively gushing. In a moment of weakness I snatched myself a free trial and tried out the Pandaren starting zone. Yes, that is included in the free trial.

After having played through it, I am utterly relieved that I neither purchased MoP nor spent money on game-time.

- It's the same old, same old to a T.

- The story-telling is as childish as Diablo3's. It tries to sound meaningful and grave, but only succeeds in lampshading itself. Somewhat.

- The worst moment is when you enter your new faction's capital for the first time. You have spent the last few hours exploring the home isle of the Pandaren. It's tranquil, peaceful. Every Pandaren gets along with each other, even those of different philosophies. You unite first the spirits of the island with the help of two diametrically opposed Pandaren (rash/active/heart, brazen, 'red' vs. tranquil/passive/mind, considerate, 'blue'. They share a mutual respect/affection for each other). You then unite Horde and Alliance to fight with you against a bigger evil and save the island.

...And then you join your faction. And the first thing you get told?

"Yeah, there are Pandaren that joined the other faction. You might know them as your childhood friends. Well, they're your mortal enemies now. If you refuse to fight them to the death, you commit High Treason. Welcome to the Alliance/Horde!".

And your accompanying Pandaren (the blue one for the Alliance, the red one presumably for the Horde) just nods and says: "of course" as if this was the most natural thing in the world.

And at that moment, I had just one thought: "You know what? Those people are ax-crazy. I'm packing up and going home."

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Some people like Wow, some don't.  Silly to argue about it.  Fortunately I got to find out I did not like it in Beta.  

One thing I could not do is play a Panda.  I just thought that race looks so ridiculous in Wow, but I bet it will be popular in the east.

I will be willing to bet more than half the people who bought the expansion are not playing after the first month.   I think finally Blizzard's ship is sinking, it will take awhile, but it is definitely on it's downward spiral.

• rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Omg... Combat animations looked like a crappy F2P ripoff... Maybe I'm just used to other games, but was WOW always that bad?