Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game is pretty much dead currently

13»

Comments

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Originally posted by JeroKane

Roll on a populated realm and you got plenty of people to play with. /shrugI play on the RP realm myself and having a blast! I am never alone, wherever I go. Always people around.

The LFG-chat and the LFG-tool are cross-dimensional, so the dimension has nothing to do with not finding people for running nightmares with actually.

And sure. I can still find groups to run dungeons with, but it takes atleast half an hour currently, and then I need to find another group afterwards to run the next dungeon as there's barely any group to find anymore that is running several nightmares in a row.

My cabal started out with 40 players, and the first month was really good and we got allways people online for whatever we wanted to do. The second month there was some 20 people left and only half of them where ready or willing to run nightmares.
    The third month we were down to a handful of players and basically had a core-group for nightmares of three or four players left. Two of them decided to cancel their subs, so it's only a tank and a healer left.

This is not a problem only our cabal has whitnessed, but alot of cabals. Basically everone I'm talking to during our nightmare-runs has faced the same problems, and now as most of us have completed their first set of 10.4/10.4 and started farming their second set.

The main-reason for lot's of people leaving the game is, that there's not enough enjoyable content. There's really nothing else you can do besides farming bullions in nightmares or PvP. Running lairs to farm signets isn't needed aswell, as we've allready farmed the signets before the lairs got changed with 1.2.

TSW is missing things like farming reputation with the NPC-factions (Orochi Group or The Council of Venice) to get something out of it like rare consumable toolkits for example. It's also lacking ranked arena-PvP or rewards for the tons of kill 10k monsters achievements.

And last but not least the bugs, exploits and the bad server-performance are killing the game for lots of people.
    Since 1.2 was patched the two DPS-players of my nightmare-group have severe lag-spikes, rubberbanding and random server-disconnects, and they're not living anywhere close to each other, not having the same provider or routing etc. And I hear from alot of people about this issue.

1.3 was patched yesterday and now two dungeons (The Facility and Hell Eternal) are totally bugged. The Facility 4th boss kicks the whole group as soon as you enter the fight, and Hell Eternal last bos doesn't even show up anymore ^^

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by Randayn
    Originally posted by kevjards

even though i have a lifetime sub i am very careful in this game to stay behind end game content..still in blue mountain atm..i,m not one of those guys that go all out looking for the best gear and have found that serves me well in this game and others.getting purples or epics just doees not hold interest for me at all.

my main thought is to just enjoy myself.which i do immensly when playing.to me people rush too quickly to get all the good gear and thats their choice..but to me that just ruins the game.i guess i,m just waiting for shit loads of content to build up to keep me goin for a few yrs..maximum i play is 2 hrs a day,same has gw2  although i play less of gw2 than tsw.

Agreed....im in Egypt and have been playing since early head start.  Was in beta as well.  As has been said before, this is one of those games where I don't feel rushed and know that if I do rush, I'll miss what makes this game special.

Heh... I am still in Savage Coast, soon going to Blue Mountain. :-)

dang....you must be really taking your time.  There is alot to see though, so i cant blame ya.  Im sure I missed some things on my way to Egypt.  Im gonna retrace my steps when I get through all the zones.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,958

even though i have a lifetime sub i am very careful in this game to stay behind end game content..still in blue mountain atm..i,m not one of those guys that go all out looking for the best gear and have found that serves me well in this game and others.getting purples or epics just doees not hold interest for me at all.

my main thought is to just enjoy myself.which i do immensly when playing.to me people rush too quickly to get all the good gear and thats their choice..but to me that just ruins the game.i guess i,m just waiting for shit loads of content to build up to keep me goin for a few yrs..maximum i play is 2 hrs a day,same has gw2  although i play less of gw2 than tsw.

Agreed....im in Egypt and have been playing since early head start.  Was in beta as well.  As has been said before, this is one of those games where I don't feel rushed and know that if I do rush, I'll miss what makes this game special.

dang....you must be really taking your time.  There is alot to see though, so i cant blame ya.  Im sure I missed some things on my way to Egypt.  Im gonna retrace my steps when I get through all the zones.

Nahh I rerolled a couple weeks ago. Otherwise I would have been in Egypt by now I guess hehe.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Its a shame really. To me, the combat system in this game is quite similiar to GW2 (including a bit of clunkiness) but I honestly feel this game is better then GW2. Its not my cup of tea though so eh. Shame really.

TSW is missing things like farming reputation with the NPC-factions (Orochi Group or The Council of Venice) to get something out of it like rare consumable toolkits for example. It's also lacking ranked arena-PvP or rewards for the tons of kill 10k monsters achievements.

Im willing to guarantee that this will be implemented.  The new lead dev was the same guy that made Rise of the Godslayer which added ALOT of this stuff.  You'll probably see even more factions that those two as well as reputation farming for all of them.  You can also almost guarantee that dungeons will most likely improve (they are awesome now).  Im actually really excited that we got the lead from ROTGS...that was a great expansion that added almost an entire new game worth of content.

Nahh I rerolled a couple weeks ago. Otherwise I would have been in Egypt by now I guess hehe.

LOL...yeah, I re-rolled once as well....got to savage coast and was being pwnd by everything....realized my build was borked so I just started over from scratch.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Im willing to guarantee that this will be implemented.  The new lead dev was the same guy that made Rise of the Godslayer which added ALOT of this stuff.  You'll probably see even more factions that those two as well as reputation farming for all of them.  You can also almost guarantee that dungeons will most likely improve (they are awesome now).  Im actually really excited that we got the lead from ROTGS...that was a great expansion that added almost an entire new game worth of content.

The question is, will people come back playing TSW again, when new features and content is implemented?

I'm not too sure about that tbh.

Originally posted by Yalexy

The question is, will people come back playing TSW again, when new features and content is implemented?

I'm not too sure about that tbh.

you got me there.  I have no idea who will come back or who new will pop up.  Ill stick around though.  My first MMO was Anarchy Online (still my favorite)...second favorite is AoC and im sure once this one develops a bit more, it will fall into the same company.  Always been a "Funcom Fanboi"....but I can openly admit it.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,958

LOL...yeah, I re-rolled once as well....got to savage coast and was being pwnd by everything....realized my build was borked so I just started over from scratch.

I was in EXACT same situation lol.

I was in EXACT same situation lol.

HAHAHA...second time it ever happened to me in an MMORPG and felt great....first time was Anarchy Online....i think I borked all my toons though...I never felt like I ever mastered that skill progression system :P....I don't think many have.

• jayfeeler69jayfeeler69 Member Posts: 94
    Id be surprised if  the game had 40k subs still
  • KaspanovaKaspanova Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Same boat, been playing since Early Access and i just started in Egypt. Its kickin my ass... I think I might get some QL10s to just let me have some peace and enjoy the story, thats what I want to do mainly.
  • rwyanrwyan Member UncommonPosts: 468

Pretty much the same here... though I just entered Egypt the last time I played.  Took a break for GW2, came back and finished up blue mountain and was needing a fantasy fix.  So have been spending my time in Skyrim and Rift lately.

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by rwyan

Pretty much the same here... though I just entered Egypt the last time I played.  Took a break for GW2, came back and finished up blue mountain and was needing a fantasy fix.  So have been spending my time in Skyrim and Rift lately.

Just logged into TSW for the first time in about a week and found Valley of the Sun God and Fusang totally dead. I didn't see a soul in either place and I asked in faction and general: Is anyone here? Got nothing.  

It was depressing. I loggedin at 10PM GMT+9 on a Monday night of course, so that would explain a minimal population, but I've never seen it like that. Usually there were a few Oceanic/Asian night crew running around.  

I really think this is a great game and find it so sad that MoP has 2-3 hour queues on the oceanic server now. 

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    I quit a month or so ago. It's a good game. I had some fun, but I have moved on. 
  • DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

My condolences on being suckered into the lifetime sub.

Hopefully this will be a learning point that a pre-release lifetime sub offer means the game has no legs to stand on.

• eckardteckardt Member UncommonPosts: 48
    This is a great pve game. Yeah, it s difficult to do solo in some areas. Yes, it is difficult to choose a good build, you have to think and know some basic stuff about the game. Yes some quests are hard because you have to investigate and think. It s not your average mmo. Pvp is not that great, but it can be much better with some adjustments. Don t compare this game with others because it s unique. And that s the beauty of it.
  • TopherpunchTopherpunch Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Originally posted by thekid1

Not surprising since they only sold 200.000 copies (first month or so).

My advise is to find another game. (I myself am enjoying Guild Wars 2 very much atm.)

Honestly, Funcom lost my trust when they released Age of Conan without content. I mean they left an entire chunk of content from level 50-60. So I will probably never buy a game from Funcom again, they ruined their chance in my eyes. 

If someone wants to defend Funcom, remember that there are not very many games that RUN OUT of content for the players. It was not a lack of things to do for end game. There was an entire gap where there weren't any quests or anything to do except Villas, which they had very few at the time. Kind of dumb. Honestly, if your game is not finished you should not release it, no excuses. People are a bit more money hungry  than they should be.

Come check out what I have to say on my blog http://civilgamer.com

Also check out http;//agonasylum.com for Darkfall player trading and stories forums