Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sell me on the idea of giving this game a try

I am not a huge PvP'er, and I dont like FFA Full loot PvP but I am willing to give this game a shot since what little bit of information I have read has piqued my intrest somewhat.  I can forgo the full loot system somewhat because I did enjoy DayZ immensely so there is some hope for me. 

I actually enjoyed the first game somewhat, I loved the freedom of the sandbox model but didn't like getting camped ad-naseum from asshats left and right but thats only because I tried the game a year after release and there was zero community to speak of.

My main concerns is th ecombat and UI elements.  I read they are changing the UI somewhat, I prefer a normal traditional UI and DF's original UI was really bad and not condusive to fluid game play.  I also understand thye are keeping FPS style for ranged and magic which I dont particularly like but can live with.  The big turn off (besides the full loot PvP) was the combat was jsut damn awful, slow and un responsive, has this changed at all?  IMO the first DF had very mediocre F2P style combat animations.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
Waiting on: TESO
Next Flop: Planetside 2
Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Comments

• ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

I am not a huge PvP'er, and I dont like FFA Full loot PvP but I am willing to give this game a shot since what little bit of information I have read has piqued my intrest somewhat.  I can forgo the full loot system somewhat because I did enjoy DayZ immensely so there is some hope for me. 

I actually enjoyed the first game somewhat, I loved the freedom of the sandbox model but didn't like getting camped ad-naseum from asshats left and right but thats only because I tried the game a year after release and there was zero community to speak of.

My main concerns is th ecombat and UI elements.  I read they are changing the UI somewhat, I prefer a normal traditional UI and DF's original UI was really bad and not condusive to fluid game play.  I also understand thye are keeping FPS style for ranged and magic which I dont particularly like but can live with.  The big turn off (besides the full loot PvP) was the combat was jsut damn awful, slow and un responsive, has this changed at all?  IMO the first DF had very mediocre F2P style combat animations.

Well always remember this is a small team and a lot of the devs have actual jobs on the side. From the video I saw animations seemed to be good.. not outstanding by any means, but better than what I've seen on the first which werent too bad. I'm a big pvp fan, but Iike doing pve in my off time. (in the first you could fight the Kracken on a ship that your clan built) which I think they will still include such bosses.

The thing that sold me the most to look into this is that it seems to be a team of people doing that are making a game that they themselves as gamers wanna play. They seem to put a lot fo their hearts in it and it is pretty good for the lack of resources that a big company gets(quality wise).  This is a very rare quality that a lot of mmos devs don't do anymore.

Sure it uses some older game mechanics that alot of mmos don't use anymore (The big grind), but it is my second paragraph that matters the most to me. If I am having fun and the devs continue to try to make the game better then its worth it for me.

• DrokaFonDrokaFon Member Posts: 19

To me the Combat didn't seem bad at all when i first started DF when it was released.  It was just different, a lot different.  It wasn't your simplistic Tab target/lock on target pvp with different classes and predictable fights.  yes it was clumpy but it was a great system....That said AV has sadi they have redone the UI (HUGE DEAL and if u watch the video you can see that they show you a little bit of it), they ahve made the grind a lot smaller so you can be competative faster, and htey ahve updated teh graphics and made it smoother.

As for the FFA loot...it's part of the game and a huge part of it. Dark fall just would not work with out FFA loot, It's a Risk vs reward game.  The feeling you get during a fight knowing you if you lose you lose everything you have on you, well you don't get that feelng in theme park mmo's.  They balanced it so that the gear that you wear and fight with isn't hard to replace, because if they didn't, no one would fight....It'd be like getting Full Raid epics in wow then going into a BG and dying and losing all your gear, no one would pvp, ever.....The only thing thing that really sucks losing in darkfall is all the mats/items you have farmed, and thats the beauty of hte game, the way it makes you stay on your toes and always watch your back.  There's nothing like the feeling when you'e farmed for 45 mins, got a bunch of mats and you see 2 reds comming towards your farm area, FIght? Run? Can you get away? Can you win and go home with even more loot?  The choice is yours. 

Darkfall is a unique game that isn't for everyone, but if you try it and like it, you will be hooked because there is nothing else like it on the market. Alot of players that have never played DF criticize the FFA Loot, and then alot of people fire back with LOL YOUR A PUSSY.....I don't think of it that way, I fell that they are in a lets say World of WArcraft menatlity, that when you die you would lose all your gold / raid epics, which if it was hte case it  would be rediculous and not fun, but if these players took a step back realized it wasen't that horrific to die in DF i think they might have a different stand point and give DF a shot....Also, alot of the theme park MMO's like wow always have that ONE  class thats OP and every one crys about them being OP....Thats hte beauty of DF as well....There are no classes, everyone has hte same skills (Same skills to level up, its you choice on what you want to level, but u can level them all if u choose), same chance to win, it comes down to your personal skill and fighting technique, If you can out play the other player you win, its not a rock papper sissors type of game.....Lets put it this way, you will never, EVER get two shotted from a stealth player in DF....For two reasons, there is no stealth and because there are no OP weapons or skills that allow that to happen....Fights are either quick or VERY long, and it all depends on the skill level of those involved in the skirmish.

Not going to lie i was very dissapointed with AV when they first released DF, they weren't helpful, took forever to fix things and very uninformative, but in my eye's, the fact that they can say lsiten we fucked up, we got more staff and are redoing that game, and listening to the community is huge.  They really want the game to succeed and they themselves want to play the game when its completed.  All of this said, i will be in game when it is released and i hope to see you running around too.

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

Well no one can speak for the new game just on the old game.

The combat in the old game was not unresponsive and clunky, actually the reason this game survived and was able to be further developed ect was that all the other sandboxes did have clunky, unprofessional, and lame combat.

So im not sure about that comment it certainly isnt how the game has been (though perhaps at launch on the EU server if playing from NA with lag ect)

The UI is going to be redone from the old version...which was an insane hurdle for any new player...especially considering the need to rotate weapons and skill types mid fight...which requiers a whole lot of key binding and macroing to be even slightly competative.  No one know what the new UI will be like or how it will operate given DF's need to swap weapons and then skills since skills are weapon exclusive (cant cast any magic without staff out ect)

If your concerns are FFA pvp...why bother?  Yeah origional DF with its epic grind actually had a fantastic PVE game completely overshadowed by pvp ganking and seige/politics.  It was one of the few games with a massive learning cure (mostly GUI related) had a massive progression slope (which the pvp only crowd macroed through ruining balance in the game) and a gear system that really caterd to crafters...gear never lasted long...either it broke through use or was taken.

This game launched with sever bottleneck issues that the pvp only crowd really took advantage of.  It scared away a whole lot of people who figured that if they couldnt even learn the ropes on measly goblin spawns without TONS of pvpers interfering that they wouldnt bother to try to progress in the game...thats changed even witht he old version.  Also looting mentality has changed from griefing to taking consumables/gold and high end items or unique named items.

New version is remaking the noob areas, which should provide a safer experience, giving new players the ability to figure out whats going on without 15 red named gankers fighting over who gets to kill you.

Once you get past the learning curve, you really appreciate the "i can do everything" aspect of the game...meaning your time banging rocks and chopping wood makes you fight better, as does crafting tons of gear to skill it up, which will mean your pvp losses are meaningless to you since you now have tons of gear to burn through.

The best adjustment you need to make playing a game like this is to be somewhat self sufficiant, be able to make the basics you use.  Also learning when to bank and what spawns are where...choosing to farm a spawn near a high value mob spawn for 50min isnt a good idea, however banking every 20min would reduce what you lose since someones bound to stop by on their way to that valuable spawn...just a generealization but something people comming from themeparks dont realize.

Oh and even for bad pvpers the seiges and politcs on DF are FANTASTIC.  Dont care what the pvp fanatics say about unfair zergs or 3rd party interference...you never know how a seige is going to go down, you never know who is going to show up or who will benefit from it..its a lot of fun expecially when nearly the whole server gets involved for one reason or another.

Play this game because your sick of the same old shit in themeparks...play because you want a challange, you want pvp with actual risk...or because you want to be part of the very fun and unpredictable seiges and politics.  Cant speak on how challanging the new games progression would be...the old game prior to them listining to the pvp players constant cries that the grindis why no one plays and reducing it never resulted in more players and took away the feeling of accomplishment getting a maxed toon was...despite 99% of players would rather macro it all (mind you there was probably 5-10 non hard core "i only care about pvp" players in DF towards the end here)

New game is a crapshoot...will it be easy mode wow progression?  Probably.  Will it still look and feel like DF...probably.  Will there be a lot of issues...definately its AV were dealing with....however....where is this games competition?  Stuck in alpha the last 2-3 years and still barely playable as a game.  This game has a monopoly on full loot fantasy sandboxes and is by far the best around...with its flaws and all.  

Sorry for all the words i know i exceeded most readers attention spans.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by DrokaFon

To me the Combat didn't seem bad at all when i first started DF when it was released.  It was just different, a lot different.  It wasn't your simplistic Tab target/lock on target pvp with different classes and predictable fights.  yes it was clumpy but it was a great system....That said AV has sadi they have redone the UI (HUGE DEAL and if u watch the video you can see that they show you a little bit of it), they ahve made the grind a lot smaller so you can be competative faster, and htey ahve updated teh graphics and made it smoother.

As for the FFA loot...it's part of the game and a huge part of it. Dark fall just would not work with out FFA loot, It's a Risk vs reward game.  The feeling you get during a fight knowing you if you lose you lose everything you have on you, well you don't get that feelng in theme park mmo's.  They balanced it so that the gear that you wear and fight with isn't hard to replace, because if they didn't, no one would fight....It'd be like getting Full Raid epics in wow then going into a BG and dying and losing all your gear, no one would pvp, ever.....The only thing thing that really sucks losing in darkfall is all the mats/items you have farmed, and thats the beauty of hte game, the way it makes you stay on your toes and always watch your back.  There's nothing like the feeling when you'e farmed for 45 mins, got a bunch of mats and you see 2 reds comming towards your farm area, FIght? Run? Can you get away? Can you win and go home with even more loot?  The choice is yours. 

Darkfall is a unique game that isn't for everyone, but if you try it and like it, you will be hooked because there is nothing else like it on the market. Alot of players that have never played DF criticize the FFA Loot, and then alot of people fire back with LOL YOUR A PUSSY.....I don't think of it that way, I fell that they are in a lets say World of WArcraft menatlity, that when you die you would lose all your gold / raid epics, which if it was hte case it  would be rediculous and not fun, but if these players took a step back realized it wasen't that horrific to die in DF i think they might have a different stand point and give DF a shot....Also, alot of the theme park MMO's like wow always have that ONE  class thats OP and every one crys about them being OP....Thats hte beauty of DF as well....There are no classes, everyone has hte same skills (Same skills to level up, its you choice on what you want to level, but u can level them all if u choose), same chance to win, it comes down to your personal skill and fighting technique, If you can out play the other player you win, its not a rock papper sissors type of game.....Lets put it this way, you will never, EVER get two shotted from a stealth player in DF....For two reasons, there is no stealth and because there are no OP weapons or skills that allow that to happen....Fights are either quick or VERY long, and it all depends on the skill level of those involved in the skirmish.

Not going to lie i was very dissapointed with AV when they first released DF, they weren't helpful, took forever to fix things and very uninformative, but in my eye's, the fact that they can say lsiten we fucked up, we got more staff and are redoing that game, and listening to the community is huge.  They really want the game to succeed and they themselves want to play the game when its completed.  All of this said, i will be in game when it is released and i hope to see you running around too.

From a WoW, GW , or even a  Tera standpoint the combat in the first game was really bad and unnatural looking i.e. watch this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47S_KVInX8A&feature=related  As you can see the animations were stiff, unresponsive and very bad IMO.  If they can fix that and speed up the combat somewhat and make it flow more naturally then I could def see myself getting involved.

I am not a huge full loot period.  I understand why its in there but to me it feels back asswards.  If the loot isnt good enough, whats the point of taking it?  Other then to be an asshat which leads me to why I dont usually like those games, as inevitably the game boils down to douchebaggery on a grand scale which alenates a large segment of the playerbase.  I still tryuely believe if Asherons Call can have Red and White servers then why not this game.  I did play DayZ for a few months on and off which tbh it works in that game so maybe it might in this as well.

I admit the allure of a classless skill based system set i na high fantasy setting is the ONLY reason I am looking at the title, and if they can fix some of the UI and combat problemns I had with the first I might be interested in it.

Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

If the loot isnt good enough, whats the point of taking it?  Other then to be an asshat which leads me to why I dont usually like those games, as inevitably the game boils down to douchebaggery on a grand scale which alenates a large segment of the playerbase.

99% of the reds who gank an underskilled player won't take your stuff, it's that 1% who will that create the stereotype you have described above. There is no "grand scale" and it really doesn't alienate anyone.

It's a common misconception.

• rivetman13rivetman13 Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by Kost

If the loot isnt good enough, whats the point of taking it?  Other then to be an asshat which leads me to why I dont usually like those games, as inevitably the game boils down to douchebaggery on a grand scale which alenates a large segment of the playerbase.

99% of the reds who gank an underskilled player won't take your stuff, it's that 1% who will that create the stereotype you have described above. There is no "grand scale" and it really doesn't alienate anyone.

hahahahaha ya.. 90% of the a-holes who just ganked a player miles below their level will suddenly gain compassion and not loot the person they just slaughtered. I almost spit tea on my screen reading this.

*IF* and only IF this is even a sliver of truth it is only because those players they just killed wouldnt have any items they could use. misconception my a$$

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

If you really want to give this a go, regardless of your reservations, I would highly recommend that you find yourself a guild (ideally before the game goes live).  This one small thing would no doubt enhance your gameplay ten-fold.  Especially considering the things you're concerned about.

There's a big difference in being cold and alone in a harsh world like that, versus being in a guild full of people that have your back, and you have theirs.

Just some basic advice.  I certainly encourage people to go outside of their comfort zone in gaming.  

Heck, that's how I became a pirate in EvE, not long after making a name for myself for stealing salvage from many a Angel mission arc that other people cleared for me... =D

Regardless of what you do, I wish you the best of luck.  Who knows, it could be some of the most exciting gaming you've had in a long time.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Originally posted by Kost

Now lets imagine theres no asshats at all,when someone attacks you ,he puts you to a sleep,then he heals  you and you drink cup of tee together and maybe sing a song and dance.

There must be asshats,it is a must,it gives so much pleasure to kill them and and getting killed by them makes me want to kill them even more.

But in last version when someone turned to thief ,robber or whatever,it was easy to abuse flagging system and get rid off that flag,those kind of persons are something that i dont even want to kill ,they need their mothers and fathers more than cold steel.

If they can fix flaws and exploits on next version,sure it will be hell of a ride.

Let's internet

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189

Very good post. And it mirrors my thoughts alot. Even if you left out the cool siege warefare system, were guilds fight over terretory and resources. Its not like you have to be the best pvp'er in the game either, its always needed all sorts of players in an army to make it work. Not just soldiers.

You need crafters, people that heal, people that buff etc. Or maybe just people that has good strategic and/or diplomatic skills. Alot of the wars fought is after diplomacy. If your bad at diplomacy and a rude leader IG and on forums, you will get stomped eventually :)

You can offcourse play the lone wolf as well, but i think the most fun is to be had in a guild fighting with friends on teamspeak/ventrilo etc.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by ZylaxxFrom a WoW, GW , or even a  Tera standpoint the combat in the first game was really bad and unnatural looking i.e. watch this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47S_KVInX8A&feature=related  As you can see the animations were stiff, unresponsive and very bad IMO.  If they can fix that and speed up the combat somewhat and make it flow more naturally then I could def see myself getting involved.

I am not a huge full loot period.  I understand why its in there but to me it feels back asswards.  If the loot isnt good enough, whats the point of taking it?  Other then to be an asshat which leads me to why I dont usually like those games, as inevitably the game boils down to douchebaggery on a grand scale which alenates a large segment of the playerbase.  I still tryuely believe if Asherons Call can have Red and White servers then why not this game.  I did play DayZ for a few months on and off which tbh it works in that game so maybe it might in this as well.

I admit the allure of a classless skill based system set i na high fantasy setting is the ONLY reason I am looking at the title, and if they can fix some of the UI and combat problemns I had with the first I might be interested in it.

DF has extremely fast-paced combat. The animations may be clunky and it may look awkward in a youtube vid, but when you're actually playing it you'll realize that all other games pale in comparison.

The movements and attacks very fast-paced, but the main reason DF's combat is so intense is the insane amount off things going on at the same time. You have to keep moving, manually aim, land swings and projectiles, avoid enemy swings and projectiles, constantly switch between melee, ranged, and magic, manage your health, stamina, and mana, manage 50+ skills and spells in accordance to what the situation demands, keep yourself and your allies buffed, etc, etc, while being aware of your surroundings (there is no free camera movement).

You do all this with the knowledge that defeat means you'll lose all your gear and everything in your backapack.

So yeah, WoW, Tera and GW2 has absolutely nothing on DF when it comes to PvP being intense and fast-paced.

Is it fun for everyone? Hell no. Personally I prefer a less arcady combat style (like in M&B) with less focus on magic and healing/buffing. Also, DF1's stupid skill system and crappy UI makes it necessary to use scripts and macros to be competitive, which really kills the game for many people.

They're redoing a lot of stuff in UW though so that won't be a problem in the future. The combat will still be as intense though, rest assured.

• FaleshFalesh Member UncommonPosts: 78

From a WoW, GW , or even a Tera standpoint the combat in the first game was really bad and unnatural looking i.e. watch this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47S_KVInX8A&feature=related As you can see the animations were stiff, unresponsive and very bad IMO. If they can fix that and speed up the combat somewhat and make it flow more naturally then I could def see myself getting involved. 

Darkfall combat is the opposite of what you describe. The video you link is terrible example of what real Darkfall combat is like. Just watch some other vids, http://www.dfmovies.com/, to see how different the combat is compared to the vid you posted.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Honestly, Darkfall isn't a game you get talked into playing because it is so hardcore and if you don't love the idea of losing everything you have in combat, then don't play it.  I say that as, anyone i've ever seen talked into playing the game instantly left.  Read up on it and if you are in love with it, play it...if you aren't in love with the concept, then don't because you won't like it.  I love it, I love the realism of knowing you are never safe, killing people and taking everything.  The politics are great being you and another clan get in an argument so you take their city....for me its great.  The same things that I love though, others hate...so...if you love it, go for it...if you are unsure, probably not your cup of tea.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• OboyyOboyy Member Posts: 15

From a WoW, GW , or even a  Tera standpoint the combat in the first game was really bad and unnatural looking i.e. watch this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47S_KVInX8A&feature=related  As you can see the animations were stiff, unresponsive and very bad IMO.  If they can fix that and speed up the combat somewhat and make it flow more naturally then I could def see myself getting involved.

Darkfall combat is NOTHING like that, Darkfall has the best combat of any game, extremely fast paced and skill really matters. 

Thats like a video from launch, the game isnt like that at all. 

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

I won't try and sell it to you OP, but if you liked the original (a little bit) and some of the small amount of info we have had about the new game has piqued your interest. What's the harm in giving it a try if you are genuinely interested in giving it a go?

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Has there been a confirmed screenshot yet of this "New GUI?"
  • zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Has there been a confirmed screenshot yet of this "New GUI?"

Checking online, I found a couple images that give some clues:

http://i49.tinypic.com/34nilxl.png

http://i46.tinypic.com/of9i5j.png

Originally posted by Oboyy

Darkfall combat is NOTHING like that, Darkfall has the best combat of any game, extremely fast paced and skill really matters. 

Sorry I played the game for about a week about a year after launch and the combat was that bad.  It isnt as slow as say vanguards but it is no wheres near as responsive and fast paced as WoW's or GW2's.  Seeing as combat is the main source of interaction in a game it is the only thing that will make or break it so I am hoping they fix it.  Bad combat animations and smoothness is the main reason why I quit WAR and Rift.

• zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Now that I think of it.. it almost looks like they did away with the drag/drop loot system.. gezz I hope I'm just seeing things.
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper

I won't try and sell it to you OP, but if you liked the original (a little bit) and some of the small amount of info we have had about the new game has piqued your interest. What's the harm in giving it a try if you are genuinely interested in giving it a go?

I plan on trying it so thanks because I did like the original "somewhat". 

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435

i really dont understand the concept " the faster the better", with a lot of other things that can be involved in combat often

neglected by ppl and devs. if u want that type of game there are a lot of FPS to cater u already, Q3, UT, u can even use console commands to make the thing faster and have ur orgasm.

• MarioLemieuxMarioLemieux Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by Oboyy

Sorry I played the game for about a week about a year after launch and the combat was that bad.  It isnt as slow as say vanguards but it is no wheres near as responsive and fast paced as WoW's or GW2's.  Seeing as combat is the main source of interaction in a game it is the only thing that will make or break it so I am hoping they fix it.  Bad combat animations and smoothness is the main reason why I quit WAR and Rift.

Are you trying to analyse the whole combat system after playing a week? Darkfall has a hard learning curve. If you are new (and bad... every new player is bad at first), yes it can seems to be slow and awkward. Once you get the feel of it, it's miles ahead of wow/gw2 pvp. It needs way more action to be done. It needs way more thinking behind every move. It needs you to aim and not just tab target. Try watching vids from experienced players and see what it can looks like :

https://www.youtube.com/user/xzorcist/featured

https://www.youtube.com/user/Umburrito?feature=CAQQwRs=

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

I've played MMORPGs for 12 years. Darkfall easily has the most difficult to master/fast paced combat system out of any of the MMOs I've played.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

And the best thing one of the reasons to rebuild from the ground up was to remove this "load lagg" when another player would get somewhat close to you so you are now no longer warned by a little lagg spyke that a player is nearby.

Wich is a HUGE deal in a game like this and im so glad it will finally be gone.  now you really need to use the enviroment,sounds instead of doing whatever and wait for the little lagg spike.  in df 1 people would just run around on mounts waiting for a load lagg to know someone is hunting mobs nearby or that someone is gathering recourses. this will remove alot of the "lame" parts.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417
    Originally posted by Onigod

And the best thing one of the reasons to rebuild from the ground up was to remove this "load lagg" when another player would get somewhat close to you so you are now no longer warned by a little lagg spyke that a player is nearby.

Wich is a HUGE deal in a game like this and im so glad it will finally be gone.  now you really need to use the enviroment,sounds instead of doing whatever and wait for the little lagg spike.  in df 1 people would just run around on mounts waiting for a load lagg to know someone is hunting mobs nearby or that someone is gathering recourses. this will remove alot of the "lame" parts.

Yeah. It worked both ways. I would lag whenever someone else was nearby, and that would alert me to be on my best defense. As much as I liked that at times, I'm glad it'll be gone.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Originally posted by Nizur
    Originally posted by Onigod

Yeah. It worked both ways. I would lag whenever someone else was nearby, and that would alert me to be on my best defense. As much as I liked that at times, I'm glad it'll be gone.

Yea it will make farming and such alot more fun,  you never know whos trying to sneak up to you:)

And remove the fact that some players would instantly log off when they noticed this load lagg and they had a backpack full of goodies.