Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game is pretty much dead currently

Comments

• david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Yalexy

Hello everyone. I'm a lifetime-acount owner and a big fan of TSWs ideas.

I started playing day one the servers opened up, and have logged in for a few hours since then every f'in day. The first month was totally awesome doing all the quests and the dungeons for the first time, getting better and better and more confident with building good setups etc.

After that first month all was settled and we basically only ran nightmares every day for a few hours. It was all nice and dandy actually for the second month to come and we churned through the bullion-grind to get our gear ready for the nightmares and raids to come.

At the end of the second month my main-character was allmost fully geared and I started a new character in a different faction. However, it was a real pain to run through the vast wastelands not seeing alot of people around anymore. Searching for groups to do the normal mode dungeons took ages, and I sped up my efforts to get to elite-dungeons.
    Finding groups for elite dungeons within the now third month after release was aswell a total letdown. Sometimes it took over an hour to find a group for them and I didn't bother running them more then what was needed to do the elite-quest enabling me to run nightmares.

I thought to myself that everyone was running nightmares eventually, and started to look for beginner-groups to start farming equipment with my alt, while running nightmares every evening with my main aswell. My main-group was running through 30/30 in some 3 hours each evening at this point, so I didn't have too much time looking for groups, waiting hours for a group to get setup and running.

Currently it's a very frustrating experince searching for new people to run nightmares with, as the population has become so little, that you'll either find groups looking for fully geared players to mindlessly farm bullions they don't need anymore, or you'll sit there for hours twindling your thumbs not finding a group at all.
    The newly introduced LFG-tool is rarely used, and there's too little amount of fresh players to start beginner-groups with.

So yeah, I'd say that this game is pretty much dead currently due to the lack of population.

Went to GW2 for a couple of weeks and like most people that did they hate it just like me. I've resubed to TSW and pop is great on my server, people running around everywhere, chat in general is going strong. Now we have MOP come out today with a very cold reception from everyone that likes playing that candy land mmo. I would just give it a few weeks and I'm sure you'll see people coming back.

Peace

Lascer

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by Tabloid42
    Originally posted by Skooma2

Been playing since Day 1 and am now completely bored by it.  I, like a lot of people, prefer to play by myself (no flames please, I know it's an  MMO, etc.)  After the first few zones it becomes more and more difficult to complete content on your own.  90% of PUGS only want to do nightmare mode dungeons and only if you meet the leader's standard  for your stats.  Most cabal rosters are filled with people who haven't logged on in more than a month.

How Funcom missed releasing this game on Halloween (after disappointed GW2 and PandaWow players were looking for another game) is beyond me.    But, for whatever reason, the zones are empty and content is very difficult to solo.

But, I don't see why those 'disappointed GW2 and Wow players cannot come to TSW for halloween.  The game is still available. Is it becasue it is not 'fresh' anymore? What's that mean?  If all those players decide to come, then hey, they got each other to play with, in addition to the ones still there, like me.

If anything TSW will be in a better position for new players by then as more content has been added and more bugs( no not all :p) have been polished.

A big source of players for a game is word of mouth.  A big source of bad word of mouth is when there are a paucity of players, specifically those who only stuck around until GW2 and PandaWow came out.   Had Funcom waited until after these games then they would have had a substantially larger player base at launch.  Do I have to explain why a big population at launch is better than a big population once the game goes f2p?  More word of mouth, etc.  Good populations are like a magnet;  they dtraw more people in.  Now, however, people who do not play are hearing about the exodus of players to other games.  Does that make you want to play a new game?  Do you ever feel like you want to go into the front door of a new game while the veterans are hauling ass out the back?

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

I don't know what about OP talking, I playing at weekends & game is ok with population

Not in trouble fo find dungeons teams,pvp queues etc...most time I am in team with random peoples in Transylvania or in other zones if my qabal/factions mates looking for help or company.

I don't know how is during works days,usual not free time for playing.

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

Ditto,

My wife and me play during the week too and we're currently in Egypt. Still seeing a lot of players running around the area and agartha is always full of people.

Maybe the dimmension OP plays on is lower pop?

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by Astropuyo
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by Chtuga
    Originally posted by Kyleran

OP is why I stopped playing TSW midway through Egypt, I listened to my guildmates describe their end game activities and knew that wasn't what I was looking for in a MMORPG.  (not into end game raiding/gear grinding, just a personal quirk)

So I'll be playing EVE until DF:UW comes out.

You should realize that depending on how much you play, since you are not further than Egypt you would likely have several months of content in the game already with just quests and puzzles.

And if you add in the content added each month i belive you would never run out of your current content.

And ofcourse you can add in some pvp now and then, instances now and then and you would have a great time in TSW.

Its you who decide what you want to do endgame, not anyone else.

Well here's the thing, I don't PUG.  I just don't, MMO community has gone to hell and I won't group unless with like minded guildmates. 

Well that sort of limits you in many regards. You aren't looking for a girl friend or lifemate. You are joining a group to murder things. Goals over fun yes? That's being the creator of your own demise there.
     The mmo-community has been the same exact mentality since the many years of UO-ago. That is to say, you have always had jerks, thieves, prats and brats. You also always will have good, great and kind people. You are looking at the "mmo community" and not the "mmo--community, you are making a blanket statement. You see the worst where as really, it's equal parts the same. What do you expect out of a "game" community? It's a game, you've aged. Welcome to becoming crotchety!  You have changed, not the the general attitude of gamers.

Unfortunately, most of my guildmates were power levelers so I couldn't keep up with them considering they were running all the same content the OP was describing.

And while the content leveling up was actually pretty fun, I don't play MMORPG's for fun.  No, seriously, I have to have concrete objectives to work towards, and basically I'm a fan of endless character progression (not via gear grinding) and territory control. (think DAOC, EVE, Lineage 1/2 etc)

It's pretty tough to max out a character in TSW, especially if you aren't a hardcore. I am not sure what you are talking about, though I agree, I wish the game was more open towards even MORE expansion of ones character. Regardless there is a vast amount of AP/SP to gain.

TSW isn't that sort of MMO, in fact, almost no MMO is anymore, and I decided to return to EVE until I find a new game that does. (DF:UW showed up just in the nick of time)

Yeah you'll be hard pressed to find any game like that .

So you are correct, it is me who decides what to do at end game, assuming of course said game actually has the content I'm looking for.  TSW doesn't.

Could be worse eh?

I'll defend the whole don't PUG statement, depending on difficulty.  I'll do normal or elite with a pug.  They are easy enough, but once you get to harder difficulty stuff(In TSW, NM) I refuse to PUG a whole group.  The cabalmates and a dps is fine with me as we can generally pull it through, but anymore and I'll go find some kill achievement or pvp to work on.

As for the statement, Fusang is much more active now with the CD/timers set to 15minutes.  I was a big advocate of them keeping the "bugged" 15blk marks in Fusang, as more people where there that whole week, now it seems they took that idea and made it better by slight of hand forcing people to nearly stay in Fusang, much better area to play in now.  Now if they only added some defensive bonus.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Well I did join 3 NM beginner groups yesterday and did not have to wait for long. Wasn't even using lfg tool, just reading lfg chat in Agartha. Running elites for exp when I want just to slack. Don't know how many play it these days but getting a (good) pug is certainly noy a problem.
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    I am playing TSW and Vanguard and am having fun, Both games for Adults, you can keep you wow for kiddies and your gw2 for teens, I want to play games that have intelligent quests, inovative features like Diplomacy and games where you dont feel like you are running around with your head cut off
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by eddieg50
    I am playing TSW and Vanguard and am having fun, Both games for Adults, you can keep you wow for kiddies and your gw2 for teens, I want to play games that have intelligent quests, inovative features like Diplomacy and games where you dont feel like you are running around with your head cut off

I played VG too and that one is the gem mmo community did not find sadly. I honestly think that VG is times better than GW2, having played both.

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

Bah.

In gw2 I am in a guild of about 200+ adults. 17+. Mostly 30's - 50's.

In TSW I'm a part of another "mature" guild with 30-45+ people.

Age has nothing to do with games. Nothing.

I'll say this again, age has nothing to do with games.

I'll kick ass on CoDMW3 and then run over and play some serious candyland style rpg the next.

I'll play a super serious 600+ storied rpg from start to finish with all the trappings of a real world..

Then I'll go play something crazy weird like a Tri-Ace game.

Just saying ...for the third time. Age matters not for games.

The moment you slap a age rating to a game is the moment you've become a douchetard.

It's a game.

A game.

Game.

• EscadaEscada Member Posts: 25

There have been a drop off in players, as I run a cabal it is discouraging to see people not log on.   However, I wouldn't say the game is 'dead'.  I have no problem finding groups, Field Agent Locator and the in game LFG tool help a lot.  I also notice, to my dismay that many players arent even in a cabal, yet complain about finding groups.  Might want to start playing the game like an MMO.

I've had awesome gaming experience in TSW and with the raid around the corner I am excited about enjoying that experience. TSW isn't perfect but it is orginal and if you dont want to spend the rest of your MMO days playing clones and rehases of the fantasy genre, which lets face it have been milked to death, it might be an idea to support other products.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I said this in another thread.

I have a 12 year old son. He would never play something like gw2 or wow or even skyrim its not "cool" or "street" enough.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    What he and his mates want from games is lots of t&a and as much over the top violence as possible.

Kids play things like gta and saints row. (well if parents are stupid enough to let them)
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    What he and his mates want from games is lots of t&a and as much over the top violence as possible.

Kids play things like gta and saints row. (well if parents are stupid enough to let them)

Yeah pretty much, though my little brother (14 as well) rocks minecraft and plays saints as well, he'll run over to wow and then some Dodsource and various other games that constantly shocks me..In the way that he is as varied as I was, and most kids I've seen will play anything. Though of all my titles gundam 3 (DW) is still the favorite amongst vistors here. Kids just love that game. Then again so do I.

(One big thing I've noted is, games that are over the top actually lose appeal quickly to younger kids than say Minecraft where they can build stuff)

Hell I love over the top "WTF IS THAT" gaming, just like I'll fully admit my favorite movie of all time is Dumb and Dumber.

#1. It makes me smile.

That's what games should do. I was young when I saw dumb and dumber and it never lost it's appeal.

Games are as varied as the people whom play them.

Age lost it's power the moment a 10 year old could hand me my ass 50 times in a gunfight, and then speak like a mature "adult" about the way I was strafing wrong. Yeah a 10 year old schooled me.

That's the cool thing about games. They equalize the  field. It's why we gravitate towards them.

• alexminoalexmino Member Posts: 132

In shocking news, a sub based mmo that isn't named WoW has few subscribers months after it's release.

People shocked by this are also shocked to learn that water is wet.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

I have a friend that still plays TSW and he complains about the same thing. Has been trying for a while now to get me to come play with him but, I can't justify a sub for anything at this point, least of all a game I found a lot of fault in.

That said, TSW has some very unique systems that I think people find interesting, even if they're not finding it the kind of game you sub to long-term. I'm expecting a F2P announcement sometime very soon and, when that happens, I'm pretty confidence both the population and the community for TSW will finally begin to blossom.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Bah.

In gw2 I am in a guild of about 200+ adults. 17+. Mostly 30's - 50's.

In TSW I'm a part of another "mature" guild with 30-45+ people.

Age has nothing to do with games. Nothing.

I'll say this again, age has nothing to do with games.

I'll kick ass on CoDMW3 and then run over and play some serious candyland style rpg the next.

I'll play a super serious 600+ storied rpg from start to finish with all the trappings of a real world..

Then I'll go play something crazy weird like a Tri-Ace game.

Just saying ...for the third time. Age matters not for games.

The moment you slap a age rating to a game is the moment you've become a douchetard.

It's a game.

A game.

Game.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904

Yeah pretty much, though my little brother (14 as well) rocks minecraft and plays saints as well, he'll run over to wow and then some Dodsource and various other games that constantly shocks me..In the way that he is as varied as I was, and most kids I've seen will play anything. Though of all my titles gundam 3 (DW) is still the favorite amongst vistors here. Kids just love that game. Then again so do I.

(One big thing I've noted is, games that are over the top actually lose appeal quickly to younger kids than say Minecraft where they can build stuff)

Hell I love over the top "WTF IS THAT" gaming, just like I'll fully admit my favorite movie of all time is Dumb and Dumber.

#1. It makes me smile.

That's what games should do. I was young when I saw dumb and dumber and it never lost it's appeal.

Games are as varied as the people whom play them.

Age lost it's power the moment a 10 year old could hand me my ass 50 times in a gunfight, and then speak like a mature "adult" about the way I was strafing wrong. Yeah a 10 year old schooled me.

That's the cool thing about games. They equalize the  field. It's why we gravitate towards them.

In skill, sure age can have no meaning.  But as far as content, approach and other things like that, I would say yes, age has alot to do with it.  Sure, there are adults playing GW2, but there are also ALOT of kids playing it as well, including my 7 year old son.  

As for TSW, you'd probably be a part of that "10%", if you were not an adult and playing it.  The game caters to more developed minds.

That's where GW2 fails, imo.  It actually pushes away the developed mind.  It feels more like MMORPG weapons and view with FPS mentality.  Kids play FPS's like crazy because there is no real thinking involved.  It's more, can you twitch faster than me.  That's why I don't think I could ever get into FPS's....they dont test the developed mind.  They are barbaric in nature.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer

I have a friend that still plays TSW and he complains about the same thing. Has been trying for a while now to get me to come play with him but, I can't justify a sub for anything at this point, least of all a game I found a lot of fault in.

That said, TSW has some very unique systems that I think people find interesting, even if they're not finding it the kind of game you sub to long-term. I'm expecting a F2P announcement sometime very soon and, when that happens, I'm pretty confidence both the population and the community for TSW will finally begin to blossom.

Roll on a populated realm and you got plenty of people to play with. /shrug

I play on the RP realm myself and having a blast! I am never alone, wherever I go. Always people around.

Im still playing and the cabal im in (at least when im on) is pretty bustling with chat.  my chat ui is green from top to bottom almost the entire night...Dragon on Leviathon...it's all about finding the right cabal if you enjoy the social aspect.  Do some vetting...find a cabal that suits you.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Yep.  They need to be planning F2P... like, yesterday.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

even though i have a lifetime sub i am very careful in this game to stay behind end game content..still in blue mountain atm..i,m not one of those guys that go all out looking for the best gear and have found that serves me well in this game and others.getting purples or epics just doees not hold interest for me at all.

my main thought is to just enjoy myself.which i do immensly when playing.to me people rush too quickly to get all the good gear and thats their choice..but to me that just ruins the game.i guess i,m just waiting for shit loads of content to build up to keep me goin for a few yrs..maximum i play is 2 hrs a day,same has gw2  although i play less of gw2 than tsw.

Originally posted by kevjards

even though i have a lifetime sub i am very careful in this game to stay behind end game content..still in blue mountain atm..i,m not one of those guys that go all out looking for the best gear and have found that serves me well in this game and others.getting purples or epics just doees not hold interest for me at all.

my main thought is to just enjoy myself.which i do immensly when playing.to me people rush too quickly to get all the good gear and thats their choice..but to me that just ruins the game.i guess i,m just waiting for shit loads of content to build up to keep me goin for a few yrs..maximum i play is 2 hrs a day,same has gw2  although i play less of gw2 than tsw.

Agreed....im in Egypt and have been playing since early head start.  Was in beta as well.  As has been said before, this is one of those games where I don't feel rushed and know that if I do rush, I'll miss what makes this game special.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by Randayn

Agreed....im in Egypt and have been playing since early head start.  Was in beta as well.  As has been said before, this is one of those games where I don't feel rushed and know that if I do rush, I'll miss what makes this game special.

Heh... I am still in Savage Coast, soon going to Blue Mountain. :-)

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Should have spent more time and money on pvp

This. Three factions but not much focus on PvP. Beyond stupid.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Randayn

Heh... I am still in Savage Coast, soon going to Blue Mountain. :-)

i do pop back to kingsmouth and savage coast for quick SP's and AP's..so i guess i,m in kind of limbo lol