Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seems againest the games philosophy

Crusix221Crusix221 Member UncommonPosts: 100

To not have a cosmetic tab for gear. I just feel like gear being mostly for looks has been preached so much that to not be able to wear gear (which I liked the way it looked) but have out leveled seems odd to me.

Another issue and I have seen others say is "gear does matter". I notice a huge difference in my ability to take on content after upgrading gear. Honestly, I would prefer it this way but I just don't like that they were on this whole gear isn't that important rant and I can't keep the gear which looked better in order to keep my stats up.

Before someone flames me,  I'm enjoying the game as a whole this just bothered me.

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Gear tab would be nice, and we may see some form of gear storage when personal housing is later released, so hang in there.

As far as the gear looks you like, you can keep those looks regardless of stats with T-stones. They combine the stats of one with the looks of another.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Crusix221

To not have a cosmetic tab for gear. I just feel like gear being mostly for looks has been preached so much that to not be able to wear gear (which I liked the way it looked) but have out leveled seems odd to me.

Another issue and I have seen others say is "gear does matter". I notice a huge difference in my ability to take on content after upgrading gear. Honestly, I would prefer it this way but I just don't like that they were on this whole gear isn't that important rant and I can't keep the gear which looked better in order to keep my stats up.

Before someone flames me,  I'm enjoying the game as a whole this just bothered me.

Gear doesnt matter after level 80 - it was the same with GW1. That is why people would pay to get run to Droknar's Forge to get max lvl armor. In GW 2, armor is at least has a minimum lvl when you upgrade. In GW1, people with maxed out armor would complain that the content was too hard but they were really doing - Leroy Jenkins......

The idea was, that there is no 'UBER' gear like there is in Rift and WoW, for example. That is what is meant by no gear grind.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

Gear does matter. A lot. However, max stats gear isn't as hard to obtain as in WoW and other raid / stat grind -based games.

I don't think ANet ever said gear won't matter. It's just the players' way of saying you don't have to grind for gear for an extended period of time to particiapate in high-end content. I agree it's a bit misleading.

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415

While I personally would LOVE a "cosmetic/wardrobe" feature I sadly think that was one of the places they identified as a "cash shop/longevity" target.

I'm hoping we get wardrobes with personal housing but I'm not holding my breath. It isn't a "gamebreaker" for me in any way, but I too miss having something like LOTRO's Wardrobe Feature in the game.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by Stx11

I'm hoping we get wardrobes with personal housing but I'm not holding my breath. It isn't a "gamebreaker" for me in any way, but I too miss having something like LOTRO's Wardrobe Feature in the game.

I have missed LOTRO's wardrobe in all other games I played, some implemented something simmilar but nowhere close to being as good as LOTRO's version with 2+ separate cosmetic tabs you can switch between whenever you want. And even more so since the accountwide wardrobe was introduced so you only slot copies instead of the actual (cosmetic) gear pce. and your light armour class can cosmetically wear your heavy armour class's stuffs (or in my case my level 15 guardian wearing my minstrel's full OD raid set). Just the amount of dyes in LOTRO is lacking imo (but improved when they added the new recipes last year like rivendel green).

The transmutation stones will do for now though so it's not gamebreaking for me either.

• Crusix221Crusix221 Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by Volkon

Gear tab would be nice, and we may see some form of gear storage when personal housing is later released, so hang in there.

As far as the gear looks you like, you can keep those looks regardless of stats with T-stones. They combine the stats of one with the looks of another.

Where do you get T-stones and are they super expensive?

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

You can buy them on the BLTC Gem Store, or get them as rewards (free) for map completion and other various tasks.

I have 72 banked atm and never paid for a single one.

• demarc01demarc01 Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

You can buy them on the BLTC Gem Store, or get them as rewards (free) for map completion and other various tasks.

I'm betting you have 72 lessers banked, that only work on level 79 and lower gear.

The greater stones (Which work on level 80 gear) are a little harder to come by. I lucked out and got some from BL chests, around 20, but after that your looking at cash shop for them. TBH the lesser stones are a waste of space once you hit level 80 since you wont be putting on sub-80 gear.

Unless your making yourself an alternate *town set* to run around in that is :)

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

It's important to note there are 2 kinds of T-Stones: the "basic" on that works on Items lvl 1-79 and a "superior" one that work on all gear including lvl 80.

It's very easy to get the basic T-Stones, the superior ones are rarer. However by the time you need the superior ones it's pretty easy to earn gold to buy Gems to get the superior ones out of the Cash Shop for free.