Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thoughts on the game

Yes, yet another opinion thread. Please excuse my rambling as I try to get all my thoughts across. :)

First I'd like to say that I do enjoy the game. ANet got a lot of things right in terms of questing and exploring. I think most people can agree with that. My elementalist is level 75 and I only play a few days a week with my husband. We have both been looking forward to this game for a long time as something we could play together. However, the game doesn't have that certain something that keeps me coming back for more. I can easily not log in and sometimes I don't even want to when my husband wants to play. I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong. I enjoy it, but I have no drive to play it....

Now I know there have been tons of arguements on this forum about lack of the gear treadmill. That isn't the case for me. I am a recovering WoW junkie (sober 2 years lol). I've had my fill of raiding, and while it was fun for a time, I don't miss it. What I DO miss is seeing someone on an amazing mount (or great title, or cute companion pet, etc.) and figuring out what I needed to do to get that. I feel like with GW2, that as long as I'm happy with my Ele's appearance, then that is all there is for me. Sure I could collect minis, but no one is going to look at my Mini Brown Bear and think "Wow I wonder how many bears she had to kill to get that?!". Nope, I just bought it from the gem store. I want something to work toward. As a girl, I would LOVE the idea of trying to get new pretty gear.... except, in my opinion, all the "prestigious" gear is hideous. A legendary just feels completely out of the question for me at the moment. I don't enjoy PVP so any of those titles are not going to happen.

I have other things that irritate me a bit about the game, but they've been said on these forums more than enough times. I guess my main concern is whether or not GW2 will ever fulfill my love for fluff collecting. And I want to know if there others that feel like me. :)

Comments

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

I actually think that GW2 has a large amount of fluff, but it doesn't seem to be that "collector" fluff that you are looking for.

For example, GW2 has tonics and other consumables that can transform you into many, many different things.  Heck, there is even a tonic that transforms you into random pieces of furniture lol.

I had a great time one night by transforming into a floating robot and floating around the Charr newbie zone, telling everyone that they would be assimilated if they didn't dance.  Many people danced that day lol :).

So GW2 definitely has the kind of fluff that I typically look for...which tends to be fluff that enables me to do crazy things like RP a robot.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

There's also something that ANet has proven to excel at that will likely add layers of fluff for you as well... holiday events. In probably less than a month the Halloween event will kick off. We don't know for sure what will fully be involved here, but if it's at all like GW1 there will be items to get, costumes to wear, new event chains to follow, and of course a visit from our legendary Mad King Thorn who will disseminate death and goodies with equal glee.

Plus, he's fully voiced in GW2. I haven't been this excited about Halloween since I was a kid.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• IntheShadowsIntheShadows Member Posts: 58

Creslin - Haha that sounds like a lot of fun actually! I would have liked to have seen that! I love seeing the random things that people do in MMOs! :D

Yes I am missing the collector fluff. To fill that void, I've gone as far as trying to fill up all the spaces in the collectables tab. XD

Originally posted by Volkon

There's also something that ANet has proven to excel at that will likely add layers of fluff for you as well... holiday events. In probably less than a month the Halloween event will kick off. We don't know for sure what will fully be involved here, but if it's at all like GW1 there will be items to get, costumes to wear, new event chains to follow, and of course a visit from our legendary Mad King Thorn who will disseminate death and goodies with equal glee.

Plus, he's fully voiced in GW2. I haven't been this excited about Halloween since I was a kid.

I have read about that, and I'm really looking forward to it! You just made it sound even better! :D

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    I'm glad i'm not the only one who thought of something else with a title like that. Funny though :3

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

Originally posted by Theutus
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fluffer

I have never heard that term used before. Changed it so no one else gets the wrong idea. :p

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by IntheShadows
    Originally posted by Theutus
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fluffer

I have never heard that term used before. -_-

Me neither...of course I really have no reason to use that term in my everyday vernacular lol.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?