Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get your money's worth with Guild Wars 2?!?

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I even put some bucks into shop. And still got 10x my money worth

• bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Originally posted by tank017
    I think you get more than your monies worth with GW2.More so than most mmos that have come out these passed few years

Yup this^

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

I played to 80 and completed the game. Havent really played it since

Since theres no sub I think my money spent was worth it.

• dariuszpdariuszp Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by Sp00sh

A simple answer to help future players purchase or steer clear of this game.

1. I still have fun

2. For couple of months I have only short sessions (lack of time) so I don't feel like I'm wasting money on sub

3. Lot of content for only 60$

4. I already play it longer than TOR, WOW and Rift combined. Each of this game keept me interested for around 2 weeks at most (WoW 1 day, Rift 3 days, TOR 2 weeks). Last time I had so much fun playing EVE and before that - Ultima. Really great game with group oriented gameplay.

5. Our guild have more than 300 members and there is always something going on or something to talk about

6. I love races in this game. Those are not just rescined models. Different posture, different animations, different everything. 

7. I love jumping puzzles. 

• InlorInlor Member Posts: 37
    Well, GW2 was by far the worst MMO I have ever played. But I still spend some 50 hours on it. So yes, I think it was worth my money, after all. Nevertheless, the 50 bucks I spend on other MMOs were definitely a better investment ;)
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Koreansowhat, the question was about value for money for gw2. We all know Starcraft and diablo1,2were great value for money, but would they have been great value for money if it was a sub instead of an up front box price eh?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Far more than that cause even after a month I know I have tons things to do and even more to look forward to!

Most games (offline with online multiplayer as example) gives you like 10 to 20 hours playability max and most mmos gives you things for a week or a month max before you move on again.

Mostly because of the linear approach that leaves a tiny amount of freedom for the player if at all. 

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    I have played GW2 longer than say any single player title on PS3. And they cost almost the same. So answer is yes.
  • JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    I'm not sure I'll ever be able to buy another game with so much value for the money.

imageimage
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It's a good time for great value games with gw2, tl2 and hopefully starbound soon.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Not yet...

GW2 has some of the msot boring PVE i have ever come accross so i only managed a week before i got utterly bored and stopped playing..

I may go back one day hopefully when they have sorted the PVP queues out, but saying that by then PS2 will be released as well as DF:UW so i cant see myself going back for quite some time..

So no not got my moneys worth.. im just glad i didnt pay the silly price they where asking on their site for us in the UK..

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Sure have.
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Seeing that we'll be getting a major update by the end of October and another before the end of the year with patches in between, I'd say that you're going to get your money's worth 2-4 times over before the release of the first expansion.

The game has been out a month. It requires no sub-fees and continues to stay strong. With every update, people will come check it out, and with every update new people willl love the game and some people who left will find something that they enjoy.

It's here to stay.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Yes i got my moneys worth already and still loving it...

Playing GW2..

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Just as the Radeon HD6850 is the best price/perfomace ratio GPU, GW2 is the best price/content game.
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Money's worth - yes. It's a mediocre game but without monthly sub good enough to play now and then.
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

Worth my money? yes, because it's forever free ( technically )

is the Game worth my time? hell no

So What Now?

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Shoot, I got my money's worth many times over so far, and what's with the past tense? I still am.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

I was playing GW2 like 4+ hours a night then Borderlands 2 and Torchlight II released.

There's simply too much competition on the game market to stick to one genre. 

I think i played GW2 for 50+ hours so far and I plan on going back once gaming dies down in December.

So yeah I got my moneys worth.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Im not really playing it anymore but I believe I got my moneys worth...I can always leave it on the HD and come back to it later.  IT doest cost me anything.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Played 180 hours so far, and it will be more soon.

So: Yes. I got $60 worth out of it after a week. I still dont know how long I will play it but we will find that out later, but it was really worth the money.

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212

Are some of you really playing up to 10 hours PER DAY?

I see the alure B2P would have on the unemployed .... O.o

• Sovren1Sovren1 Member Posts: 312

So far so good, taking it really slow to enjoy myself. Exploring every nook N cranny of ol Tyria once again and I am actually interested in what many of the NPC's are talking about.

Put in quite a few hours thus far in WvW, dabbled in sPvP (only got to deer) and a lil bit of tourney play. I have yet to bore myself, which at some point will happen as it has in practically every game I've ever played whether I loved them or not.

Was it worth $80? yeah, considering I still mess around in GW1, and will till it dies.
    I think I will mess around in GW2 for years to come.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    So far so good. Highest level toon is 37 so I have so much left to do and explore. Been playing almost a month, so def. Got my 60 worth and more!
  • worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    Not yet.  I've only been able to stomach about 1/2 hr at a time, and maybe 3 sessions into it.  So, my 1.5 hours hasn't quite been worth it.  But hopefully I'll get more into it.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com