It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)
Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)
Originally posted by Axxar Originally posted by alexmino Bitter people angry that it's selling better than GW2.
Could be this. But could as well be people thinking it's "fun" to 0-bomb popular games.
COULD be, but it's doubtful. Unless someone is experiencing some serious denial, they will know a WoW expansion will outsell pretty much everything in its opening week. Even if this were the case, why lay the blame on GW2 fans and not a bunch of other MMOs that MoP will outsell?
No, I think it's more the latter if anything. People want their scores to matter and if they're on one side of the fence or the other, they want that score to mean as much as possible, hence the 0's and 10's. Funny thing is, what you're really voting on is some redone dungeons, a new race, and a new zone. It doesn't deserve a 0, but I hardly think it deserves a 10 either.
Because i can.I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.Logic every gamers worst enemy.
Can someone please tell me the difference between metacritic and this forum?
Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language
Originally posted by xmenty Can someone please tell me the difference between metacritic and this forum?
Well there's the..... hmmmm
What about... no, no thats not it.
Originally posted by xmenty Can someone please tell me the difference between metacritic and this forum?
Forums are where idiots go
Metacritic is where idiots have been
World of Warcraft was good in its days when release came out and we saw the first expansion "Burning Crusade", however the game has gone down hill majorly to please the casual crowd which in return changed the game completely.
I doubt I will ever try it out again due to the fact that the game is lacking new innovation and it seems its just rehashed, reused content like every expansion we've seen to date.
I'm not going to get suckerd into the hype train anymore, I'm going to use better judgement so in return i don't blow money for something that isnt worth it at all anymore.
Originally posted by Psychow Originally posted by xmenty Can someone please tell me the difference between metacritic and this forum?
No no no, Forums are places people gather to have intellectual Conversation.
Yeah i know it sounded better in my head.
While I believe Metacritic will never actually be a reliable source of actual ratings, perhaps they should divide it into two categories.
(1) Rate the Quality of the Launch
(2) Rate the Game/Expansion itself
I saw this on gamespot and could not resist so here goes sorry
Originally posted by Wicoa Bwaha so this games gonna be epic then.... swtor rating was what near enough 10 oO, the opposite has to be true.
Your quite wrong my friend. SWTOR had high rating only first few days when people didn't know how bad this game is. Story catch their harts for a few days. After that people realize the truth and rating went hell.
I think that Metacritic is reliable source of information. Why ? Because this site is full of both idiots and trolls. And they tends to cancel each other out. In the end avarage score is fine. I trust user scores in that. I don't trust critic scores.
Why ? Critics are idiots. They don't rate game based on game itself but by who made them. Because of that even bad games have good ratings. Bioware games are great example here.
Let see [ title (like or not) - critics / users]:
~ KOTOR (good) - 9 / 9
~ KOTOR II (good) - 8/8
~ Dragon Age Origins (good) - 9 / 8
~ Mass Effect (good) - 9 / 9
- Mass Effect 2 (avarage) - 9 / 8 (ride on ME1 mostly but game started to be dumped down)
~ Mass Effect 3 ( bad ) - 9 / 4
~ Dragon Age 2 ( bad ) - 8 / 4
~ The Old Republic ( bad ) - 8 / 5
As you can see, users scores are pretty accurate here. Good games have good ratings. Bad are just bad. While critics give everything 8-9. That's just pathetic. So yeah, my twisted logic (that MC have equal amount of trolls and fanboys and avarage is usually good) says I can trust user score on MC.
You can disagree ofcourse. But games I really like almost always have very, very good user score on MC while ones I don't like have bad user score.
Working for me.
Originally posted by Eazydzzz Originally posted by Nitth It hasnt even been out a day lol..
That could be why the score is so high. A lot of the people giving it 10s probably didn't play beta.
Originally posted by Badaboom 3.3 eh? So does that bring up WOW's overall score?
It's 2.3 better than before!
Originally posted by IstrebiteI Critics will no doubt praise MOP, as they praised SWTOR which is now in FUBAR state and was in that state half a year after launch. As they praised ME3 and D3 which are widely considered as fail games, even despite they sold millions (which they did because people bought in the hype).
Not to spoil your fun, but "ME3 and D3 are widely considered as fail games"? Where did you get that information from? The Internet? Some forums? A poll on an obscure website? Just because some people are pretty loud on the internet, doesn't mean that what they shout is true. At least judging by sales ME3 and D3 were pretty succesful. I liked both games, despite the flaws they had.
From what I've seen MoP is a pretty nice expansion. It appeals more to me than Cataclysm. I just wish that when people look/read/watch the reviews, they would pay more attention to the content of the review, instead of the "final verdict".
Originally posted by Ren128 Seems like most scores are either very low (0-2) or very high (8-10) with hardly anything in-between, meaning MoP polarised people. It will be intresting to see sales and sub figures for this.
Metacritic is not that useful, no. Too easy too manipulate one way or another.
But sale number is no good judge either, sub numbers a month before release and a month after will tell us a lot more. If the expansion was good people will keep playing, if it sucked the subs will drop.
As I see it that will be the fairest way to measure it.
Originally posted by AxxarCould be this. But could as well be people thinking it's "fun" to 0-bomb popular games.
Yeah. 90% of the user "reviews" on Metacritic are 0 or 10 - beats me why they don't just switch to a thumbs up/thumbs down system like YouTube et al. And 90% of those aren't reviewing the game - they're just fanboy'ing in a 10 or hating in a 0. You might as well go to a football game, count the number of jerseys for the home team and the visitors, and say "man, the visitors sucked, only 3.3% of the crowd gave them a positive review".
2 <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/MikkelB" href="http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/MikkelB" title="View information about MikkelB" suhlink"="">MikkelB
And i will not argue with you because you are entitled to having your own opinion, as well as enjoying the game you like. There is nothing bad in that you liked D3 or ME3. But truth is, a lot of people didnt, and both games had a major failure related to them:
- It is lacking features that even D1 had (true character development, where you can allocate stats that do matter, true progression to max level, this was added lately though)
- it was a game focused on singleplayer that was unplayable several WEEKS from the launch because they forced online-only DRM on you
- Several other huge flaws related to the "online-only" policy, like getting DC'ed because of server side issues moment before boss died, or moment before you picked up loot, or moment before you picked up an item you dropped in town
- Broken AH that first resulted in constant outages and then Blizzard blatanly steaing money from their customers and banning them on forums so they cant complain (one dude only got him money back after his article was put up on Forbes)
- Broken balance, where an advice to "how do i clear Inferno with class X" was "reroll DH"
- Which was fixed in a way to constantly deprieve people of their hard-earned loot (crappy legendaries were buffed without retroactively changing gear people acquired, yet attack speed items were retroactively changed, nerfing a lot of people's gear to the ground, and so on so on), no doubt to keep people interested in playing and spending real money on RMAH
- Generally, game built about loot acquisition for a specific build (say, monks need to stack one resistance) that is based on specific class abilities, has those abilities constantly changed or nerfed, making hard-earned gear constantly go obsolete (like, no-vit gear fo wizards back when energy shield worked as intended, but then they change it and all that gear becomes useless)
- Btw, Single player game where i HAVE to mandatorily install patches that make game less fun to play for me? What's not to love!
- Until fixed recently, absolutely broken multiplayer because grouping increased mob damage which just demolished you (heh, mobs were already oneshotting you most of the time, but now you didnt have chance at all)
- Absolutely boring mind-numbingly insane-driving gameplay at inferno involving kiting everything forever if you want to advance past Act II. Yah you'll still have to restart the game constantly when you meet invulnerabe vortex molten fire chain in a narrow cave...
And i could go on and on. Mind it i played Wizard, which was second best class, so i wasnt as gimped as my friend barbarian who just couldnt do SHIT in inferno, like at all, while DH's were having their way being invincible all the time AND dealing huge damage
Mass Effect 3
I can only speak from other people's word, from what i studied for several hours on indoctrination theory and the endings that were insanely lackluster (which gave birth to the theory). Granted, game makers apologised and made new endings, but it i'm talking the release game state, the one that Metacritic's critics rated. Day 1 DLC to play a race that is crucial to the universe? Yes please! Kill everything with the ending, whatever you chose (all mass relays destroyed -> all allied fleets stranded in one system and have starved to death)? Yes please!
Once agian, if you enjoyed them, good for you. I also enjoyed D3 for several days while i got to 60 and got my good gear. But fun dwindled, and butthurt and frustration raised to the floor. And then i decided to look at it objectively and saw only failure and failure over failure with not really much of a "game". And then i understood i had paid 60$ or so for it, and a lot of people pay WAY MORE with RMAH (1 item 200$ lol). And it was disgusting!
Originally posted by Eazydzzz http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria/user-reviews?sort-by=date&num_items=100 Just thought I would share. A 3.3 seems a little high. I am pretty angry about spending $40 on MoP!
Let me get this straight. People are hyped about "pandas" in WoW? Really? I hope all those people who are hyped up for it also love and worship Kung Fu Panda.