Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MONTHLY FEE = NO GO

123457»

Comments

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

Theres more than enough f2p games out there.

If 50 cents a day is too much for a game...your priorites are all messed up...also how did you even afford a gaming computer?

If you like f2p games go support the cruddy free games that are out there, leave the p2p games for the employed adults. No this isnt a kiddy themepark the game actually does lack children...lets keep it that way.

• ElSandmanElSandman Member Posts: 94

I think I am actually heading to the point where if the game does not have a sub, I am not going to touch it.

Sub-game = developers interested in retaining all players, so they build content accordingly.

F2P game or variant = game is funded by a handful of whales with 90% of pop free-loading more or less.  Developers build "content " for these whales.  Often content in this context means crap in the store.

So yeah, give me a sub game thanks.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    As a consumer you want to pay in advance and over the odds for a product. Really?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    As a consumer I shall pay only if I think it is worth it.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    As a consumer you want to pay in advance and over the odds for a product. Really?

I'd rather have full access to a game than have the gameplay experience artificially gated and broken up, giving an advantage to those with more cash to throw down a toilet.

• Ghost12Ghost12 Member Posts: 684
    Originally posted by Hotjazz
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Any game which features FFA full loot PvP will always be a failure because its about as niche an audience as you can get. 

This is were you NPC killers are wrong.

All AAA themeparks fail because players are bored to death with that kind of mmos. Just look at the success of the AAA themeparks after WOW, and you`ll see they all more or less failed. AOC, WAR, SWTOR and many others fell flat on the floor, and they had big budgets and loads of developers.

Then look at at a tiny ffa full-loot game called DayZ. That game is based on an ARMA2 mod, and have had more than 1 million unique users. If a ffa full-loot mmo had the same love, developers and money as the themeparks, I bet they would make money. Darkfall 1 sold a lot of copys, but sadly it was the worst grind in the history of mmos. No pvpers want to kill 20000 boring NPCS just to pvp, so they all left.

YES

YES

YES

THANK YOU.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    I ll pay for this monthly , if devs make what planed
  • ElSandmanElSandman Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by Bladestrom

As a consumer I want to get value for money, AND for time spent.  I value my play time as well as the cost of that play time.

As for paying in advance - that is not unusual when paying for games, over time you know exactly what you are getting for your sub, so it ceases to be any sort of issue.  As for paying over the odds - no, fails my value test.  But based on recent experience, I would have to suggest my play time is better spent in a sub based game.  That way I maximise the value of my time.

• Pale_FirePale_Fire Member UncommonPosts: 360

It is simply about supply and demand.  Aventurine can charge a monthly fee and players will play it because there are few other competitors that offer the same product.

Don't throw out WoW, SWOTOR or GW2.  They don't offer the same product.  DF and the others are all MMORPGs but that is nearly where the comparison ends.  Aventurine supplies a sandbox game that is FFA Full Loot PvP. 

That is the product. 

Very few other games offer this style of play and Eve doesn't compare well due to the Science Fiction vehicle driven setting. 

For players that demand the product that Aventurine is selling, they will gladly pay the price because no other company is selling that product. 

For those complaining about a sub for DF, you aren't really serious about their product, you're just experimenting.

• gabbelgabbel Member UncommonPosts: 21
    F2P for in a full loot game, okay.... are you guys sure this will ever work ? I remember one game that had some kind of real money cash shop called "Kwari" , never played it, dont think its around anymore.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

People sure are clueless to how F2P works aren't they?

You either live as a second class citizen with few perks, unable to compete in top tier gameplay and often gated from content if you want to play for free or ...

... you pay on average MORE than $15 a month and for those wanting top level access and top level power curve you HAVE to pay a LOT more than $15 a month.

The model is designed to pull in more money on average than per month billing. It isn't a charity service. The company wants your money and will shape the entire game around forcing you to pay for things monthly billing does not require you to pay. You WILL pay more over a year, you WILL have constant distractions in game pointing you to the cash shop and if you believe otherwise you ARE a complete and total idiot.

F2P model in an sandbox game is the antithesis to virtual world immersion. Yet some dufus company will attempt it.

/CAPSrule

You stay sassy!

• Mr_CMr_C Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by khameleon

Darkfall 1 was a huge disappointment after we waited so many, many years for it. NOw I know we have no great MMORPG right now, but we do have good games such as GW2 with AAA graphics, sound and PVE. 

If a game with the quality of GW2 has no monthly fee, I know for sure very, very few people will pay a monthly fee for this game. It will have better quality, but I am certain it will still be full of problems and it will not have modern graphics compared to games such as GW2 and the rest of the new games.

Yea we all want PVP, sandbox, etc. but over $200 a year for games full of bugs and that are not AAA quality is not going to work.

To restate my point, its the quality of the gameplay, UI, etc. that I am saying people will not pay for unless it is actually modernized and working. Why would we pay monthly  for a buggy half game stil in development when we can play GW2 free and so many other games.

Darkfall should be THE GAME! I want aventurine to finish the game and make sure the gameplay is top notch before release, if not they will probably just disappear if this game has the same fanbase and problems as the last.

I dare say all your posted points are invalid cause Aventurine has clearly stated they are making a NEW game, not fixing Darkfall into 2.0 version as we have thought for a while.

There's not much out about the game yet, let's wait and see before we doom this game. I for sure am looking forward to this game; it would definately be a fresh breath in a boring genre.

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by Tamanous

You either live as a second class citizen with few perks, unable to compete in top tier gameplay and often gated from content if you want to play for free or ...

... you pay on average MORE than $15 a month and for those wanting top level access and top level power curve you HAVE to pay a LOT more than $15 a month.

The model is designed to pull in more money on average than per month billing. It isn't a charity service. The company wants your money and will shape the entire game around forcing you to pay for things monthly billing does not require you to pay. You WILL pay more over a year, you WILL have constant distractions in game pointing you to the cash shop and if you believe otherwise you ARE a complete and total idiot.

F2P model in an sandbox game is the antithesis to virtual world immersion. Yet some dufus company will attempt it.

/CAPSrule

^this guy knows whats up

Plus f2p in full loot doesn't work because of hacking and exploiting.  Not to mention the limitation of 1 character per account that Darkfall has always had would be blown away by everyone just making a dozen free accounts.

F2p sucks and it could never ever work in Darkfall.  For anyone that thinks DF should be f2p just go smash your head into the wall for a couple hours then try to come up with another idea, it should be a better one this time.

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

I think people wanting F2P they are just cheap and or poor. They cannot justify paying for something and just feel entitled. $15 bucks is not a lot of money. $180 a year is dirt cheap compared to some other hobbies people have that can cost tens of thousands of dollars a year. This is a bargain. $15 was also standard for over 10 years and the price at least has not inflated. People who have lives and have no time complain about the sub fee the most it seems. Even still that is not a lot of money and I bet people can get at least 15 hours of game time a month which is a dollar an hour.

Go to an arcade and see how long $15 bucks lasts you. Heck a 2 hour movie for 2 people is more than 15. Maybe if it was like 50 a month to play I could understand but 15 come on.

• gabbelgabbel Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by 123443211234
    Originally posted by Tamanous

/CAPSrule

^this guy knows whats up

Plus f2p in full loot doesn't work because of hacking and exploiting.  Not to mention the limitation of 1 character per account that Darkfall has always had would be blown away by everyone just making a dozen free accounts.

F2p sucks and it could never ever work in Darkfall.  For anyone that thinks DF should be f2p just go smash your head into the wall for a couple hours then try to come up with another idea, it should be a better one this time.

Pretty much this.