Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[mod edit] coming back

Comments

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Seems that GW2 fanbois are getting desperate about their "Saviour of the genre" hence their newly started attacks on other MMOs. Well carry on this does not make GW2 any better, only showing how much poison it's community contains image
  • fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by Nadia

TSW failed Funcoms expectations

but doesnt change the fact that TSW is not another generic high fantasy themepark w elves

Did anybody say is was another generic high fantasy themepark with elves ... err no.  TSW didn't fail Funcom expectations it put half of the workforce out of a job, it started an investigation for insider trading which if proven is a criminal offence.  Games bomb all the time this thing went nuclear and Funcom is hanging on by a thread.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by fallenlords
    Originally posted by Nadia

TSW failed Funcoms expectations

but doesnt change the fact that TSW is not another generic high fantasy themepark w elves

Did anybody say is was another generic high fantasy themepark with elves ... err no.  TSW didn't fail Funcom expectations it put half of the workforce out of a job, it started an investigation for insider trading which if proven is a criminal offence.  Games bomb all the time this thing went nuclear and Funcom is hanging on by a thread.

Insider trading is a criminal offence but what has that to do with TSW? You are bashing the game in multiple threads and it's ok if you don't like it or TSW but basing your arguments on something irrelevant doesn't prove anything. If FC bombs it bombs, it happens all the time in business world and it's quite normal imo. Like insider deals because people are weak and their kinderstube isn't always the best. Personally I'd be sad if TSW fails but atm there's no sign of it and you better deal with it,

Originally posted by winter

Well at least your open and honest about your petty childishness and immaturity, good luck with that.

lifes really to short not to grow up, given the way life sometines is you may well be dead and buried before Funcom.

People were expressing a less than brilliant opinions of the game before release but were having NDA's enforced and all sorts of other tricks in order to stop the truth getting out.  There was a whole 'rose tinted' glasses view of TSW prior to release that was being propagated.  There has been a continued defense going on of Funcom with a major bias.   I might be too far the other way, but in a way I balance that bias.

• ezduzitezduzit Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by david361107

Been seeing some post about populations on servers and whatever. With GW2 releasing a couple of weeks ago and today MoP releasing there is going to be some population decreases. I cancel my sub with TSW when I purchased GW2 because I thought I would be playing it for at least a few months straight so whey spend the money. Well I only lasted about two weeks in GW2 so I re-sub to TSW and I'm back. The word is out that they've dumb down WOW even more with MoP so look for that expantion to last a month or so then everything will even out again. I just think everyone is really over these "Candy Land" MMO's and TSW has been the best thing out this year I believe. So basically hold tight everyone in TSW people will come back just like me.

Peace

Lascer

TSW is just too mature of a game for me to leave. Wish it was more sandbox but it's 'good to go'. So much content. 

Originally posted by Piiritus

Insider trading is a criminal offence but what has that to do with TSW? You are bashing the game in multiple threads and it's ok if you don't like it or TSW but basing your arguments on something irrelevant doesn't prove anything. If FC bombs it bombs, it happens all the time in business world and it's quite normal imo. Like insider deals because people are weak and their kinderstube isn't always the best. Personally I'd be sad if TSW fails but atm there's no sign of it and you better deal with it,

It's an example of how rotten to the core the company is as whole.   They aren't bothered about games, or gamers, they are only concerned with their bottom line and personal gain. I am all for supporting a company that tries and has the gamers best interests at heart, I don't get that with Funcom.  They have their interests at heart and their customers are nothing more than cash cows to be milked.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Piiritus
    [mod edit]

I would have checked who started this thread and which game the OP is trashing before commenting.

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by VikingGamer
    Originally posted by JosephJR

What I have read about,GW2,it  is better mmorpg ,but i dislike shiny asian grafic,lore,world,etc...cant find reasson why play it,maybe for PvP  when price drop.

Straight from the Asian city of Bellevue Wa.

You should do a little more research before posting next time.

Have you been to Bellevue? I have, since I live in Seattle. You might as well be in China when you're on the eastside.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by RizelStar
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Pro-Tip:

Don't include the name of another MMORPG in your thread title (especially with a negative connotation) if you don't want to start yet another flame war.

That is the very definition of trolling and baiting.

If everyone could learn this simple lesson, these forums would be a much less toxic place.

Simply say "I am coming back to TSW" and then tell us why. You can even mention other games in your post, but don't do so in a manner that mocks fans of that/those game(s) and not in a way that invites retaliatory action.

I've always wondered about this, why do people make thread titles like this, I mean it goes for any game and any fanbase, but I have the hardest time reading a title and then tryin to see someone say "My intetentions are like such and such." When clearly this is of course gonna start a flame war, it's common sense.

Eh well, oh and OP enjoy TSW, not my cup of tea after trying it out for two months, but however I did sub, first MMOto get me to sub, then I cancelled and am still enjoying GW2.

Enjoy life guys, peace.

Edited: Lawd I said a month, when I meant two months.

Comparing MMO's on this site is actually pretty normal. If i want to say something like, i like TSW more than GW2 then I should be able to say that anywhere including the title of my post, they are all over this site. My post was neighter trolling or baiting so that statement was just wrong. MMORPG is well know for it's members to blast games deserving of said blast or not, its just how it is here. If you ask me it's a good thing because I've been on this site for years and look how it's grown. Now it's not grown because of someone editing the titles of post or giving anyone smacks on the hand for going off about any statement or tread here on this site, it's done so by giving us users the freedom to express ourselves, period. If I want to go to sites and be monitored believe me it wouldn't be here. That being side i do believe that someone should be monitored if they are saying things like they would hurt someone or raciest comments and things like that but because two game are in a title is just being petty, so please lets move on.

Peace

Lascer

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    yea I agree , WOW is for kids, GW2 is for teens and TSW is for adults
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I was in tsw closed beta. It didn't have a bunch of draconian ndas, like say the warhammer beta and also what I hear of the Aoc and swtor beta.

It was actually a better game in beta, the pvp while not up to gw2 standards was still good fun and certainly better than the likes if wow / rift / swtor. This was because in beta it want about grinding tokens, everyone who tested fusang got a set if free here QL10 gear and only actual pvpers bothered with it, rather than the dip in and grab an empty facility every half hour to build a starter pve set crowd that stank the place up in live
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

It seems the rabid GW2 fanbois are getting desperate, with litterly reporting every single critic topic about GW2!

Worse is that the mods give in even, like changing the topic title of this topic. /shrug

• SheriffxSheriffx Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by eddieg50

So I guess out of the millions of MMO players, only a small percentage are adults. /rolleyes

[mod edit]

• GhernGhern Member UncommonPosts: 134

I play GW2 on a casual level. It is a better than average game and very polished. Not the end-all be-all of games. BTW, I am 44 not a teenager.

I am also trying TSW right now on the 3 day trial. I am enjoying the atmosphere alot. A nice break from the fantasy setting.

My biggest gripe with TSW so far, the combat is atrocious. Not engaging at all. Feels empty and hollow.

TSW has it's fanbois as well because I have seen people defend this as if there is nothing wrong.

There is something wrong. The combat is bad, very bad.

I will keep playing though. Like I said, great atmosphere. Maybe Funcom will doing something in the future about the combat.

• spitfire1064spitfire1064 Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by Sheriffx

So I guess out of the millions of MMO players, only a small percentage are adults. /rolleyes

TSW sucks and has failed miserably. Besides, it isn't even like the other MMOs you mentioned.

So.......have you Played The Secret World?

• eskelaeskela Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Ghern

I play GW2 on a casual level. It is a better than average game and very polished. Not the end-all be-all of games. BTW, I am 44 not a teenager.

I am also trying TSW right now on the 3 day trial. I am enjoying the atmosphere alot. A nice break from the fantasy setting.

My biggest gripe with TSW so far, the combat is atrocious. Not engaging at all. Feels empty and hollow.

TSW has it's fanbois as well because I have seen people defend this as if there is nothing wrong.

I will keep playing though. Like I said, great atmosphere. Maybe Funcom will doing something in the future about the combat.

It may be caused by limited skills you have (trial, little AP, little skills). Later on, as you are more and more encouraged to change builds to suit those exactly thing you're fighting with... it gets a lot better. Please, be aware that you can match nearly any passive to completly other active skills that you have (for example, passive 'when you crit, you make additional 44 damage', even though it's from elementalism tree or something, i use it on my fist+chaos melee dps build). And blabla, lots of options, I sometimes change build 3 times while in nightmare dungeon. Bah, sometimes changing one passive allows you to kill something, same thing that you completly failed 3 mins earlier... ;)

Also, some weapons are just not funky (for me), maybe it's same with you. I adore chaos skills, they are so catchy and cool, while I completly ignore hammers. 

Animations, hmm. They aren't TERA. But I don't think of them as teribad or something. I like their 'non-glitterness', it's snow, it's electric-something, it's just wavy smudges from sword. Right now, I wouldn't be able to stand with shiny pink bubbles and sparkles going round my character while casting skill. They are different style than I was used to, but I gave up that pinky sparkly animations for finally being able to build my very own, perfect build. Well, actually, I have eight of them, working now on next. :D

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274

Repeating the same content whether thats DE's, Raids, Dungeons, Crafting etc etc etc over and over is grinding .. Something EVERY MMO has and will have .. 

Grinding might take different forms but at it's core its still grinding 

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    Originally posted by Sheriffx

TSW sucks and has failed miserably. Besides, it isn't even like the other MMOs you mentioned.

I know it isn't like the other MMO's that is what makes it better

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by david361107

Been seeing some post about populations on servers and whatever. With GW2 releasing a couple of weeks ago and today MoP releasing there is going to be some population decreases. I cancel my sub with TSW when I purchased GW2 because I thought I would be playing it for at least a few months straight so whey spend the money. Well I only lasted about two weeks in GW2 so I re-sub to TSW and I'm back. The word is out that they've dumb down WOW even more with MoP so look for that expantion to last a month or so then everything will even out again. I just think everyone is really over these "Candy Land" MMO's and TSW has been the best thing out this year I believe. So basically hold tight everyone in TSW people will come back just like me.

Peace

Lascer

My sub never left ;) I'm just waiting for the massive pvp updates image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Abor

I'm somewhat appaled at the number of TSW die-hards who apparently weren't interested in GW2 then bought it and now are reaffirming their support for TSW. Like, wtf? You didn't like it, you bashed it, you ended up buying it because of what other people said, came back and said you still don't like it. 

I just seems extremely hyprocritical and illogical to me. 

I bought it because it was the pvp party of the year! lol Turned out to be a dry party like wtf...

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • FandomFandom Member Posts: 3
    TSW is the best mmo out right now.  Yes it has it's issues but it's very refreshing and will continue to improve.  Thank you and glad to have you back. 
  • auz10auz10 Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Ghern

You need to give it some more time. The combat does get better as you unlock more and more abilities, and eventually lots of deck options. GW2 doesn't have good combat either if you judge it soley based on the beginning experience. It's not until you unlock all the skill slots that it becomes more dynamic. It's really no different here, or any MMO I've played for that matter.

• jayfeeler69jayfeeler69 Member Posts: 94
    No one will stay with this game nor return to it as long as it has a bad wow clone gear grind endgame
  • GR3NDELGR3NDEL Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Originally posted by jayfeeler69
    No one will stay with this game nor return to it as long as it has a bad wow clone gear grind endgame

Uh huh.  Must be pretty bummed to be a 'lifetimer' to a game you despise so much.  Pity that.

• jayfeeler69jayfeeler69 Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by GR3NDEL
    Originally posted by jayfeeler69

Uh huh.  Must be pretty bummed to be a 'lifetimer' to a game you despise so much.  Pity that.

Well the quests were fun, but so were TORs. Like TOR there is no sense in repeating them. Its not my fault funcom made a good story based game then decided to just make a horrible emulation of wow at the end. This is why no one plays.