Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First post on the forums, takes alot to upset me enough to ad 2 cents

hunt4foodhunt4food Member Posts: 17

I like alot of people have been watching the hype grow larger then any game could ever live upto (gw2).  I want to hire gw2 publishers becouse they could make a heap of  %&*@ look like a pile of gold.  From day one I felt that the lack of skills was cheese but it was kind of nice not  having to struggle with combos or learning new skills i could just sit back hit 1 3 2 1 5 over and over again and sip my beer.  So that was easy to look past.

I have not experienced high w v w q's but I have entered w v w just to spend the next couple hours running and running and paying for gear repairs go beat on a castle door just to get ganked from the back side, so I can run and repair gear some more.

The dungions are a huge let down.  If by chance you have a great group of people that are all willing to go suport becouse any other build seems worthless you spend your time getting hammered on by various bosses till you learn there trix for very little reward and a huge gear repair bill.   

So that forces you to go out and grind for hours to make a few silver to try it again. the auction house has not worked correctly for me since day one.

The main quest line are broke to the point of  peer fustration,

cammera angles are fustrating to say the least.

I feel like my toons move like pac man, constantly over turnning do to a slow responce I thought maybe it was my rig or ping but from talking to others its not just me.

last but not least my account was hacked along with two other local friends gw2 says it was on our end in my case I will say ok but a friend of mine who built there computer two days before early release is adament about staying secure has never had an issue in the past and visited msn.com and this site several times before his hack happened

It has been 24 hours since I was hacked and besides a computer generated response I have not heard anything. and when I do get my account back all will be lost gw2 will not roll back your toon or componsate in any way.

gw2 should be get wad 2 bank and run.... The game is a bigger scam then the hackers and oh yeah for just 10 bucks you can buys some gems for bs all other games give you for just playing. Yes I know you can go spend hours of grinding and turn hours of work for a few gems   ok my rant is over I will be going back to rift... The only game that was perfect on release and take care of there costumers.

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Always good to let it all out then keeping it all in ;)

Feel better now?

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• hunt4foodhunt4food Member Posts: 17

lol yes sorry for the rant I just felt I needed to get it out there. and gw2 does not want to hear it

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

I feel your pain and as an avid supporter of GW2 coming into the game all I can say is I share your frustrations.

It really bothers me when a company just doesnt care about their customers, you can make the greatest product of all time, but if you treat your customers poorly, I personally consider the whole project to be a failure.

I like GW2, my problem is I wanted to love it, could have loved it so easily, but now I am turned off of it almost completely by the horrible customer support.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

While some of your issues are legit most sound like PEBCAK to me. Auction has never worked for you? Hours to get a  few silver? Rift was perfect? So why did you leave in the first place?

Sorry but some of the things you said are just absurd. Complaining about gems, that you dont have to buy or can buy with ingame gold and saying that gems gets you what all other games gives you for free is as false a statement as you can make.

I can understand you are not happy with the game and not happy you got hacked but much of your issues are user related.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Sorrow

I like GW2, my problem is I wanted to love it, could have loved it so easily, but now I am turned off of it almost completely by the horrible customer support.

i wont deny i dread ever having account problems

- due to hearing feedback from other players experiences

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Sorrow

i wont deny i dread ever having account problems

- due to hearing feedback from other players experiences

Wouldnt life be grand if there was a hacker who would hack the hacker's.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• voxnorvoxnor osMember Posts: 121

Not to be that guy - but this was actually your second post. You had one back in May.

Har Har...

Sorry - i'm tired.... /falls_asleep

you are correct most of what I said was nothing more then a rant as far as why I left rift.  Rift was just a glimmer in the developers eyes when I got excited about gw2 so hell or high water I was giving this game a shot. as far as rift being the perfect game no its not but it is a refreshing game if you want to feel like a customer and have devs. constantly throughing something new your way to work for and as far as costomer servive its amazing I actually felt like I was important when i had to deal with them. you are right there is a lot of topics in my discussion becouse I see alot of issues with the game...

reset of servers happened to me twice so all progess lost is another one that I left out of last post

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Maybe you're just playing the game wrong (tm)
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Op the latest installment if world of loot pinata us out, go grind that for 3 days to hit max level then go grind dungeons or tupperware pvp over and over to get looks to become "good". Then sit on your arse for 10 months waiting for next expansion
  • KyutaSyukoKyutaSyuko Member UncommonPosts: 288

Maybe it's just me, but the fact that you said you "could just sit back hit 1 3 2 1 5 over and over again and sip my beer" and then complain about the difficulty of the dungeons kinda invalidates your rant to me.  The big issue when it comes to dungeons is that they require good orginization and tactics and most people in PUGs are solo players and don't know how to support a team.  Would be nice if GW2 supported voice chat that had different channels like the standard chat for WvW and just party voice chat for everythign else.  Would help with orginization at the very least.

I did not say the dungions were hard I said it takes time and wipes to learn the fights which cost more money then you get out of the dungions I have been through dungions with folks that drop the screen learn every fight watch exactly what to do pull up screen follow there steps and complete the chanllange but was that really a challange? Why not just have someone play your toon through the dungion? If you can honestly say with your amazing group you can walk into a boss fight down the first time with out watching and reading how then you are by far the best player I have ever had the privlage to rant about

• BrizlynBrizlyn Member UncommonPosts: 81

I've experienced none of the issues that you have had, op.  Once they fixed the TP it's been working great for me.  I could use a few added filters.  I've seen a couple small gitches in my personal story, but at least for mine, nothing that stopped me from progressing and enjoying the storyline.  Definitely nothing to go postal about.

I slightly miss raiding in EQ2...but nowhere near enough to ever go back at this point, GW2 is where it's at for the next while...crossing fingers that SOE does something good with Everquest Next, but not holding my breath.

For now, back to some PVE and some WvW violent lovin in GW!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Maybe you're just playing the game wrong (tm)

He probably has an agenda (tm)

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by hunt4food

I did not say the dungions were hard I said it takes time and wipes to learn the fights which cost more money then you get out of the dungions I have been through dungions with folks that drop the screen learn every fight watch exactly what to do pull up screen follow there steps and complete the chanllange but was that really a challange? Why not just have someone play your toon through the dungion? If you can honestly say with your amazing group you can walk into a boss fight down the first time with out watching and reading how then you are by far the best player I have ever had the privlage to rant about

2nd language smack! go gettem!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

The more you post the more PEBCAK these issues seem to be. Dungeons are supposed to be harder than drinking beer and spamming skills which you seem to think was enough to win the game. Sorry GW2 was not for you. It happens, some games really click with us and others do not. For some a challenge to learn and even losing money is time well spent, for others the reward has to outweigh the risk or the fun factor is lost.

Personally I like games that reward an intelligent approach to playing the game.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

I like alot of people have been watching the hype grow larger then any game could ever live upto (gw2).  I want to hire gw2 publishers becouse they could make a heap of  %&*@ look like a pile of gold.  From day one I felt that the lack of skills was cheese but it was kind of nice not  having to struggle with combos or learning new skills i could just sit back hit 1 3 2 1 5 over and over again and sip my beer.  So that was easy to look past.

I have not experienced high w v w q's but I have entered w v w just to spend the next couple hours running and running and paying for gear repairs go beat on a castle door just to get ganked from the back side, so I can run and repair gear some more.

The dungions are a huge let down.  If by chance you have a great group of people that are all willing to go suport becouse any other build seems worthless you spend your time getting hammered on by various bosses till you learn there trix for very little reward and a huge gear repair bill.   

So that forces you to go out and grind for hours to make a few silver to try it again. the auction house has not worked correctly for me since day one.

The main quest line are broke to the point of  peer fustration,

cammera angles are fustrating to say the least.

I feel like my toons move like pac man, constantly over turnning do to a slow responce I thought maybe it was my rig or ping but from talking to others its not just me.

last but not least my account was hacked along with two other local friends gw2 says it was on our end in my case I will say ok but a friend of mine who built there computer two days before early release is adament about staying secure has never had an issue in the past and visited msn.com and this site several times before his hack happened

It has been 24 hours since I was hacked and besides a computer generated response I have not heard anything. and when I do get my account back all will be lost gw2 will not roll back your toon or componsate in any way.

gw2 should be get wad 2 bank and run.... The game is a bigger scam then the hackers and oh yeah for just 10 bucks you can buys some gems for bs all other games give you for just playing. Yes I know you can go spend hours of grinding and turn hours of work for a few gems   ok my rant is over I will be going back to rift... The only game that was perfect on release and take care of there costumers.

2 words: Spell Check!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

last post before I stop ranting for a game that some of you feel that is so great why are you logged into here and not the game. If I was enjoying game so much I would be playing it and not tring to defend it on a forum.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

You mention money a lot as if this is a concern... what level are you and are you wasting $$ on temporary <80 gear?

Repair costs have never been a consideration for me... and this is after leveling a Guardian to 80 and playing around with several alts.

I can see cash being an issue @80 if you want the best gear immediately... but before that, if you're low on cash, you're doing something wrong.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

last post before I stop ranting for a game that some of you feel that is so great why are you logged into here and not the game. If I was enjoying game so much I would be playing it and not tring to defend it on a forum.

Because I dont spend every moment of my life in game. Currently I am at work. Thats right I am getting paid to debate with you. When I get home I usually play a couple hours a night maybe. Just because I think the game is great does not mean its the only other thing I do. One thing that allows me to enjoy any game longer is not playing 12 hours a day and then complaining I am bored.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Guy has a point. I know why I'm on here so much (work, bored, sleep issues, more work, more bored, etc), but many of you that almost frequent this forum every 30minutes seem as if you're frustrated with GW2 as much as I am.

Either way, OP is raging pretty hard, but I think I would rage fairly hard too if my GW2 account were hacked. Their customer service is pretty terrible what with the lack of staff to handle the hundreds of thousands of tickets currently open. A result of BuyToPlay I might add.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Did you get the identity theft insurance from the gem shop?
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    Did you get the identity theft insurance from the gem shop?

No but not using the same email and password you used on fan sites would keep you protected.

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269

Doesn't take time and wipes. It just takes smarts. Just be smart about the dungeon and you'll be just fine. If you honestly wipe in a GW2 dungeon (here it comes) you're doing it wrong. They're not easy dungeons by no means, but wiping is very difficult. You have to f*** up royally to have that happen. I.e. pull EVERYTHING. You say you play with people who just watched a youtube video and then ask where is the challenge? To me that defeats the purpose of a dungeon if you go and look at the dungeon guide. Quit being lazy and figure it out yourself. If it takes a bit of time and thinking then so be it but 'think' none the less. Use your brain the the gods of science gave you.

No one downs a boss the first time without atleast figuring it out. But most do it on their own..atleast until they determine that they are completely stumped...

Originally posted by TheIronLegion

Doesn't take time and wipes. It just takes smarts. Just be smart about the dungeon and you'll be just fine. If you honestly wipe in a GW2 dungeon (here it comes) you're doing it wrong. They're not easy dungeons by no means, but wiping is very difficult. You have to f*** up royally to have that happen. I.e. pull EVERYTHING. You say you play with people who just watched a youtube video and then ask where is the challenge? To me that defeats the purpose of a dungeon if you go and look at the dungeon guide. Quit being lazy and figure it out yourself. If it takes a bit of time and thinking then so be it but 'think' none the less. Use your brain the the gods of science gave you.

No one downs a boss the first time without atleast figuring it out. But most do it on their own..atleast until they determine that they are completely stumped...

After reading the OPs posts I do believe we have found what might be the main issue.