Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars - Why are you going to play?

zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160

Here are a few reasons I can think of.

- FFA PVP combat.

- Full PVP loot system.

- Skill based leveling system(no character levels).

- FPS and third person combat.

- One single MASSIVE large world to explore!

- Large scale massive player controlled ship sea battles!

- Player housing.

- Clan/Alliance controlled keeps/cities to defend or capture.

- Majestic breathtaking scenery.

- Dragons!(be afraid).

I'm sure there are a hundred more reasons. Hopefully, we will see a nice population explosion on release. This time around, I suspect newer players will have a bit more protection in the beginning, so they can get a bit more familiar with the game before the dive into the hardcore unforgiving world that is Agon.

Comments

• wyrdaskolirwyrdaskolir Member UncommonPosts: 563
    Had the best gaming experiences in my entire life during early EU launch... Hundreds of players working together, in vent, alliances forming, spying, roleplayers. Epic
  • zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Originally posted by wyrdaskolir
    Had the best gaming experiences in my entire life during early EU launch...

I still remember how excited I was to simply watch live streams on Justintv of other people playing the game. 

The first steam was of a naked dwarf running around whacking other players..  was pretty funny.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by zimike

- FFA PVP combat.

- Full PVP loot system.

- Player housing.

- Dragons!(be afraid).

I'm sure there are a hundred more reasons. Hopefully, we will see a nice population explosion on release. This time around, I suspect newer players will have a bit more protection in the beginning, so they can get a bit more familiar with the game before the dive into the hardcore unforgiving world that is Agon.

I dont mean to be a d*** but everything you mentioned in in Darkfall 1

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Because DF1 is the single best game of any genre I have ever played and I have been looking forward to DF2 since it was first announce years ago.   Plus all the stuff you mentioned ofc.  which is why I played DF1, cause its all in there.
  • mxkingmxking Member Posts: 6
    Because the original darkfall was the best game I have ever played.  After playing darkfall I can never go back to another tab-target watch my player swing away while I push buttons type game.  I love the fact that we can actually control our swings, our arrows, our magic.  This adds so much more depth to player skill and interaction.  Not only that the massive battles and pvp experience.  Great game, if you haven't played it you should play it.  Even though it is Full Loot, gear is EXTREMELY easy to come by.  Maybe not the best gear in the game but you can always have a good gear bag with not to much effort.
  • zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

- FFA PVP combat.

- Full PVP loot system.

- Player housing.

- Dragons!(be afraid).

I dont mean to be a d*** but everything you mentioned in in Darkfall 1

Your not being mean :) I happened to love Darkfall 1, so I simply added what I am looking forward too. Plus the new graphics, class system, and new GUI are also on the top of my list. 

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    I enjoyed Darkfall, I enjoy pvp, I enjoy FPS aiming and I enjoy sandbox/persistent open world mmos.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

- FFA PVP combat.

- Full PVP loot system.

- Player housing.

- Dragons!(be afraid).

-Mine/gather/chop/fish every tree, rock, bush, waters

-Sea battles

-Mounted combat

and the most important for me... the feeling of Fear  and danger when you exit a city!

there are sooo much... a post is not enough ;)

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    I liked DF and persistant world. I am sick of zones...
  • mxkingmxking Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

and the most important for me... the feeling of Fear  and danger when you exit a city!

This!  I have never played a game that makes your hands sweat, your heart beat, and just the plain old adrenaline rush like Darkfall gives you.

EVERY player will tell you there is a learning curve to learn how to control those emotions when PvPing because they cause you to screw up and essentially lose.

• Devestate1Devestate1 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by mxking

This!  I have never played a game that makes your hands sweat, your heart beat, and just the plain old adrenaline rush like Darkfall gives you.

EVERY player will tell you there is a learning curve to learn how to control those emotions when PvPing because they cause you to screw up and essentially lose.

I totally agree.  My wife used to try to shut off my computer when things got intense.  She thought I was going to have a heart attack.

In no other video game have I ever gotten a rush like that.

When you start winning those fights you feel a sense of accomplishment.  It's not about winning and losing pixels, but about all the fun that goes with it.

In the immortal words of that basketball player guy... "we be talkin' 'bout practice"

• Devestate1Devestate1 Member UncommonPosts: 8

oops double post!!

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Because all other games suck.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Because predators need someone to prey upon.

Just doing my part! image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Because it's a single server, instance free PvP sandbox MMO.
  • GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by mxking

Its called "fatfingering"...

It always make me chuckle when i see this in chat after attacking a guy.

hgjkyjkljklko

:)

• KasmosKasmos Member UncommonPosts: 593

I'm going to play because despite the first Darkfall's flaws, it was still the most exciting and most fun experience I've had in any MMO since Ultima Online.

And because the PvP is simply the best in entire genre even with the issues the current game had and has. If Aventurine truly listened to us, the players, and fixed the problems that were wrong with Darkfall 1.0, then Darkfall: Unholy Wars is going to be the best sandbox MMO ever made.

And I truly belielve it will be.

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189

On topic:

FFA

Sandbox.

Guild warfare.

Fighting over resources.

Guild politics.

1 vs 1 's

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper
    I enjoyed Darkfall, I enjoy pvp, I enjoy FPS aiming and I enjoy sandbox/persistent open world mmos.

That's pretty much why I will be playing. Plus I hope to duplicate the adrenaline rushes and excitement I got from DF.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• killer128killer128 Member Posts: 21
    Playing with my old clan from Darkfall 1 again and I need to experience the adrenaline rush of combat again.

Darkfall Unholy Wars

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Biskop
    Because all other games suck.

hahaha

• MacwarMacwar Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Basically i will play because i cant play anything else DF is corrupted my mind:
    •     the freedom and open world of (every game i have recently tried have zones and hills what cant be climbed etc.)
    •     politics and drama in forums (hello forumfall)
    •     massive land and naval battles
    •     possibility to roam other sieges (maybe even ruin them)
    •     login in the mornig and go to enemy towns mine :)
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273

Because, on paper, it sets out to do most of the things I enjoy about the genre in a way that seems to match my preferences quite nicely.

No real game that's actually released is ever as good as it sounds like on paper, but if this new version of Darkfall manages to improve upon the worst aspects of the old one - it just might be the next MMO for me. I certainly plan on giving it a shot, seeing as how there's really no alternative for me at this point.

I still think ArcheAge has the best chance of being "the one" - but it's far away from release.

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013
    Did they make any improvements to combat system, smoother +better animations etc.  ?
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

monthly sub. sandbox pvp game  &  time for take break from my space ships