Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Did you get your money's worth with Guild Wars 2?!?

Sp00shSp00sh Grand Rapids, MIPosts: 48Member

A simple answer to help future players purchase or steer clear of this game.

Comments

• Marcus-Marcus- Posts: 970Member Uncommon
    Sure.. and still enjoying it.

Does that mean i recieved more than my money is worth? :)
  • tank017tank017 Glendale, CAPosts: 2,192Member
    I think you get more than your monies worth with GW2.More so than most mmos that have come out these passed few years
  • GruntyGrunty TexasPosts: 7,063Member Uncommon
    Yes. Then again I haven't purchased or played it. The forum wars have been rather trite but still entertaining.
  • JackdogJackdog Charleston, SCPosts: 6,344Member
    ask me in a year, have not even maxxed my first toon yet. Only played it a little over 200 hours so far

I miss DAoC

• BanquettoBanquetto CityPosts: 1,037Member Uncommon
    I'd say so. My interest is really starting to wane now, but I've gotten enough entertainment already to deem it a good box buy.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan EastPosts: 2,630Member
    10% people who "hate" the game yet still post on a fan forum of it - sounds like the normal percentage of... posters you better ignore =P

If you wonder why I don't answer your posts, it's most likely because you are on my block list - so don't waste your time.

• grimalgrimal Stamford, CTPosts: 2,873Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    10% people who "hate" the game yet still post on a fan forum of it - sounds like the normal percentage of... posters you better ignore =P

So why even bother having the poll then?

• zevni78zevni78 grimsbyPosts: 1,133Member Uncommon
    Great value for money, a month has gone by and it feels like I've so much more to do. I just wish they'd fix DE issues and the crafting problem of ingredient amounts, still its a developing game, and providing it improves in the right direction it will continue to be worth the price, and more if i decide to get any gems.
  • TymorisTymoris AthensPosts: 360Member
    Yes I did get my money's worth and then some. One of the few games that kept my interest so far

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan EastPosts: 2,630Member
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

So why even bother having the poll then?

I didn't make the poll.

If you wonder why I don't answer your posts, it's most likely because you are on my block list - so don't waste your time.

• DunworthDunworth Burgaw, NCPosts: 29Member
    Indeed I have, the last 3 mmo's I bought were monthly fee to play and I canceled before the 30 free days were up. still playing GW2 and no fee no rush.  I have a level 42 and will be taking my time and enjoy every hour I play.  1st time that I have checked the forums since launch, will check back next month. see ya in GW2.
  • RictisRictis UnknownPosts: 1,231Member Uncommon
    This game was worth the purchase price.
  • RandaynRandayn Sellersville, PAPosts: 883Member Uncommon
    my seven year old son got my money's worth from the game...I, sadly, did not.

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Tijeras, NMPosts: 505Member Uncommon
    Can't quite tell yet. Ask me again in 3 to 4 years, since I'll still be playing then. Barring the Mayans screwing with us all from the grave, of course.

• expressoexpresso mePosts: 2,183Member Uncommon
    i voted yes but I am still not sure why I spent £50 on a digital download (most expensive games I have ever bought) when I could have got it for £35 from amazon, as if I bought the game plus a 2 month sub.  I am about 100 hours played and only level 65 so I still got fun to be had but I am not sure if I'll continue to play once I hit 80 I am more a PvE end game guy and GW2 just does not deliver on PvE end game.
  • JonokuJonoku Cool, PAPosts: 645Member
    ask me in 6 years, I'll still be playing by then.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    More than got my moneys worth. First mmo in a decade that I feel I can spend a long time playing. It's not as good as my favourite mmo - daoc, but its the best modern mmo by a huge fecking mile.
  • IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,616Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    More than got my moneys worth. First mmo in a decade that I feel I can spend a long time playing. It's not as good as my favourite mmo - daoc, but its the best modern mmo by a huge fecking mile.

Amen

• JZeroVNJZeroVN Packwood, WAPosts: 46Member

124 hours of fun so far for 60$ - yeah worth it to me and still getting more valuable every day.

• skeith138skeith138 white plains, NYPosts: 176Member

level up my warrior,guardian and mesmer to 80.

i would said its worth money to me so far as i haven't try PVP.

on a side note. i don't think GW2 suppose to be your main MMO, but mostly a side dish when your bored on your main MMO

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Brooklyn, NYPosts: 1,164Member Uncommon

Played it for two weeks.  Spent more money on Super Empire Strikes Back for Super Nintendo (67.99) and beat it in 8 hours.

Yeah I got my value.   And can increase it whenever I feel like logging in again.

• TokkenTokken Portland, ORPosts: 1,154Member Uncommon
    I think YES.... mainly b/c there is no subscription.... but things could be better. I think I got caught up too much in the hype.
    Brad McQuaid Quote:  So, God-willing, the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen team and I will be able to make or allow that magic to happen a third time, and it too will be not just a great game, but also that catalyst again that brings people together, sometimes out of their comfort zone, learning how to work together not just tactically in a virtual world but also socially in the real world.
  • IsawaIsawa Middle 0 Nowhere, ORPosts: 1,051Member
    Originally posted by Jackdog
    ask me in a year, have not even maxxed my first toon yet. Only played it a little over 200 hours so far

0ver 200 hours into the game and not worth your money yet? Haha

• MithrandolirMithrandolir The Deep Woods, NJPosts: 1,698Member Uncommon
    easily got my money's worth already, and am enjoying more every day so I expect to get my money's worth many times over at this point.
  • FadedbombFadedbomb Aiken, SCPosts: 2,081Member
    Originally posted by Sp00sh

A simple answer to help future players purchase or steer clear of this game.

I burned an $80 gift-card for it (the deluxe digital edition) simply because I wasn't going to use it for anything else.

Do I feel I got my moneys worth for only a week of entertainment?

Sure, why not :), I voted yes.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.