Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get your money's worth with Guild Wars 2?!?

Sp00shSp00sh Grand Rapids, MIMember Posts: 48

A simple answer to help future players purchase or steer clear of this game.

Comments

• Marcus-Marcus- Member Posts: 987 Uncommon
    Sure.. and still enjoying it.

Does that mean i recieved more than my money is worth? :)
  • tank017tank017 Glendale, CAMember Posts: 2,192
    I think you get more than your monies worth with GW2.More so than most mmos that have come out these passed few years
  • GruntyGrunty TexasMember Posts: 7,698 Uncommon
    Yes. Then again I haven't purchased or played it. The forum wars have been rather trite but still entertaining.
  • JackdogJackdog Charleston, SCMember Posts: 6,309 Uncommon
    ask me in a year, have not even maxxed my first toon yet. Only played it a little over 200 hours so far

I miss DAoC

• BanquettoBanquetto CityMember Posts: 1,037 Uncommon
    I'd say so. My interest is really starting to wane now, but I've gotten enough entertainment already to deem it a good box buy.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan EastMember Posts: 2,630 Uncommon
    10% people who "hate" the game yet still post on a fan forum of it - sounds like the normal percentage of... posters you better ignore =P

If you wonder why I don't answer your posts, it's most likely because you are on my block list - so don't waste your time.

• grimalgrimal Stamford, CTMember Posts: 2,895 Uncommon
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    10% people who "hate" the game yet still post on a fan forum of it - sounds like the normal percentage of... posters you better ignore =P

So why even bother having the poll then?

• zevni78zevni78 grimsbyMember Posts: 1,120 Uncommon
    Great value for money, a month has gone by and it feels like I've so much more to do. I just wish they'd fix DE issues and the crafting problem of ingredient amounts, still its a developing game, and providing it improves in the right direction it will continue to be worth the price, and more if i decide to get any gems.
  • TymorisTymoris AthensMember Posts: 158 Uncommon
    Yes I did get my money's worth and then some. One of the few games that kept my interest so far

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan EastMember Posts: 2,630 Uncommon
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

So why even bother having the poll then?

I didn't make the poll.

If you wonder why I don't answer your posts, it's most likely because you are on my block list - so don't waste your time.

• DunworthDunworth Burgaw, NCMember Posts: 29 Uncommon
    Indeed I have, the last 3 mmo's I bought were monthly fee to play and I canceled before the 30 free days were up. still playing GW2 and no fee no rush.  I have a level 42 and will be taking my time and enjoy every hour I play.  1st time that I have checked the forums since launch, will check back next month. see ya in GW2.
  • RictisRictis UnknownMember Posts: 1,298 Uncommon
    This game was worth the purchase price.
  • RandaynRandayn Sellersville, PAMember Posts: 904 Uncommon
    my seven year old son got my money's worth from the game...I, sadly, did not.

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Tijeras, NMMember Posts: 577 Uncommon
    Can't quite tell yet. Ask me again in 3 to 4 years, since I'll still be playing then. Barring the Mayans screwing with us all from the grave, of course.

• expressoexpresso meMember Posts: 2,218 Uncommon
    i voted yes but I am still not sure why I spent £50 on a digital download (most expensive games I have ever bought) when I could have got it for £35 from amazon, as if I bought the game plus a 2 month sub.  I am about 100 hours played and only level 65 so I still got fun to be had but I am not sure if I'll continue to play once I hit 80 I am more a PvE end game guy and GW2 just does not deliver on PvE end game.
  • JonokuJonoku Cool, PAMember Posts: 645
    ask me in 6 years, I'll still be playing by then.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordMember Posts: 7,207 Common
    More than got my moneys worth. First mmo in a decade that I feel I can spend a long time playing. It's not as good as my favourite mmo - daoc, but its the best modern mmo by a huge fecking mile.
  • IselinIselin Vancouver, BCMember Posts: 7,710 Epic
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    More than got my moneys worth. First mmo in a decade that I feel I can spend a long time playing. It's not as good as my favourite mmo - daoc, but its the best modern mmo by a huge fecking mile.

Amen

• JZeroVNJZeroVN Packwood, WAMember Posts: 46

124 hours of fun so far for 60$ - yeah worth it to me and still getting more valuable every day.

• skeith138skeith138 white plains, NYMember Posts: 176

level up my warrior,guardian and mesmer to 80.

i would said its worth money to me so far as i haven't try PVP.

on a side note. i don't think GW2 suppose to be your main MMO, but mostly a side dish when your bored on your main MMO

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Brooklyn, NYMember Posts: 1,178 Uncommon

Played it for two weeks.  Spent more money on Super Empire Strikes Back for Super Nintendo (67.99) and beat it in 8 hours.

Yeah I got my value.   And can increase it whenever I feel like logging in again.

• TokkenTokken Portland, ORMember Posts: 1,351 Uncommon
    I think YES.... mainly b/c there is no subscription.... but things could be better. I think I got caught up too much in the hype.
    Warriors are like steel, when you lose your temper you lose your worth.
  • IsawaIsawa Middle 0 Nowhere, ORMember Posts: 1,051 Uncommon
    Originally posted by Jackdog
    ask me in a year, have not even maxxed my first toon yet. Only played it a little over 200 hours so far

0ver 200 hours into the game and not worth your money yet? Haha

• MithrandolirMithrandolir The Deep Woods, NJMember Posts: 1,700 Uncommon
    easily got my money's worth already, and am enjoying more every day so I expect to get my money's worth many times over at this point.
  • FadedbombFadedbomb Aiken, SCMember Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by Sp00sh
    A simple answer to help future players purchase or steer clear of this game.

I burned an $80 gift-card for it (the deluxe digital edition) simply because I wasn't going to use it for anything else.

Do I feel I got my moneys worth for only a week of entertainment?

Sure, why not :), I voted yes.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.