Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard confirmed: Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner involved in next Xpac!!!!

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Blizzard confirmed: Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner involved in next Xpac!!!

source

Blizzplanet has just updated a small news post about the MoP launch event, where Chris Metzen took questions from fans about the game.

He confirmed that Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner will return in the next expansion of World of Warcraft.

this looks like great news for warcraft 2 fans!

Alliance in WoW, your High General will return!!!

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    im neutral but happy to hear it -- even tho players wont see it for 2 years
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Nadia

Was just getting ready to post that no one will remember he said that in two years.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki
    [mod edit]

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine.

• IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252
    [mod edit]

Someone give this guy a tissue and some Pepto-Bismol

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by MaxJac
    [mod edit]

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine.

It's not much of a fan for World of Warcraft or of anyone who does like it.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    [mod edit]

That spans two novels.  Also see the Elf Paladin not being attacked at Valiance Keep in Hellfire...

This news is good since I always wanted to know what became of Turalyon after reading Tides of Darkness and Beyond the Dark Portal.  However, I will only be interested in playing if WoW changes it's gameplay which is unfair but I just can't play the model anymore.

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

IIRC when they announced MOP they also said that they will be increaisng the frequency of expansions combined with lower price points per expansion, it seems to me that Blizzard is exploring or prepairing it self to go "F2P" with frequent paid content patches simmilar to what Turbine is doing. Even if WoW wont go full F2P during its life time I'm pretty sure that Titan will not have a traditional sub since a company like Blizzard which is pretty much branded it self and has its own target audience unlike say SOE which brands its individual IP's. So i really don't see Blizzard wanting to be in a situation where it got 2 games competing for subs from pretty much same pool of players.

Don't be surprised if you'll see another expac releasing 8-10 months down the line, they never talked about any expansions so shortly after releasing one, not to metnion they've started talking publicly about it more than 6 months ago.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Blizzard confirmed: Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner involved in next Xpac!!!

source

Blizzplanet has just updated a small news post about the MoP launch event, where Chris Metzen took questions from fans about the game.

He confirmed that Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner will return in the next expansion of World of Warcraft.

this looks like great news for warcraft 2 fans!

Alliance in WoW, your High General will return!!!

Nothing from Blizzard could ever excite me any more until they change their game up.  I am tired of that gear threadmill and raiding centric endgame so never again for me.

Ohh and who the hell are those 2 people?

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Originally posted by DOGMA1138

IIRC when they announced MOP they also said that they will be increaisng the frequency of expansions combined with lower price points per expansion, 

Blizzard has been trying to have annual expansions for the last 6 years

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/24/blizzard-planning-new-wow-expansions-every-year/

Starting with The Burning Crusade, every year thereafter we plan on bringing out a new expansion set - so every 12 months," says Blizzard COO, Paul Sams.

MOP Design Interview

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/interviews/9918-Behind-the-Design-of-WoW-Mists-of-Pandaria

The Escapist: You guys have a lot of content that you're bringing with Mists of Pandaria: the new class, a new race and the whole new continent. How did you balance the workload of getting those all done in the same timeframe as you did all the other ones?

Greg Street: [Laughs] I'm not sure we did in the long run if you look at the current patch 4.3. It lasted a lot longer than I think was ideal for the player base. It would have been great if we had had the expansion out soon and it's just, it's always a hard call of, "Do you want to put so much content in an expansion, because then the expansion's really exciting or do you want to do smaller expansions so the players get them more frequently?" We've said for years that we need to get expansions out more frequently and we've just not been able to pull it off yet.

• KendaneKendane Member UncommonPosts: 225

They will be killed off by a Horde player either through the Horde player slaughtering them and a couple thousend Alliance soliders single handidly, or from the Horde player throwing an explosive burning poo sack at them. Or they will be evil and loot Pineatas.

Joking pessimissim aside, eh cool I guess. Haven't picked up MoP or even sure I will, but still I guess its cool they're revisiting old characters.

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

IIRC when they announced MOP they also said that they will be increaisng the frequency of expansions combined with lower price points per expansion, 

Blizzard has been trying to have annual expansions for the last 6 years

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/24/blizzard-planning-new-wow-expansions-every-year/

Starting with The Burning Crusade, every year thereafter we plan on bringing out a new expansion set - so every 12 months," says Blizzard COO, Paul Sams.

MOP Design Interview

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/interviews/9918-Behind-the-Design-of-WoW-Mists-of-Pandaria

The Escapist: You guys have a lot of content that you're bringing with Mists of Pandaria: the new class, a new race and the whole new continent. How did you balance the workload of getting those all done in the same timeframe as you did all the other ones?

Greg Street: [Laughs] I'm not sure we did in the long run if you look at the current patch 4.3. It lasted a lot longer than I think was ideal for the player base. It would have been great if we had had the expansion out soon and it's just, it's always a hard call of, "Do you want to put so much content in an expansion, because then the expansion's really exciting or do you want to do smaller expansions so the players get them more frequently?" We've said for years that we need to get expansions out more frequently and we've just not been able to pull it off yet.

Yeah i know, but judging from the amount of content MOP has, and how quickly they setup players to clear trough it it actually might be plausible that they are trying to pull it off, they never admited to working on expansions just after a release iirc, not to mention they talked about having a full team working on the next one in feb-march this year allready.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    Not too terribly exciting honestly. If they brought them back around WOTLK time it would have been far more compelling. The WoW story is just too butchered at this point to recover. I won't be suprised if the next expansion is the last one they have while having a P2P model. That is assuming the F2P / B2P trend keeps up. (That combined with the declining subs)

Yeah i know, but judging from the amount of content MOP has, and how quickly they setup players to clear trough it it actually might be plausible that they are trying to pull it off, they never admited to working on expansions just after a release iirc, not to mention they talked about having a full team working on the next one in feb-march this year allready.

i agree - you never know

but  Blizzard said something similar right after Cata about faster expansions

May 2011  (before MOP was announced)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.283002-Blizzard-Hopes-Faster-WoW-Expansions-Will-Halt-Sliding-Subscriptions

"We need to be faster at delivering content to players," Morhaime said. "And so that's one of the reasons that we're looking to decrease the amount of time in between expansions."

"What we have seen so far is that people have been consuming this content very quickly, and so the subscriber levels have decreased [following the release of Cataclysm] faster than in previous expansions," he added.

anything can happen;  but the track history speaks for itself

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by Aori
    If they don't botch it then ya i'll hit me up some alleria. Burning legion prob gonna come back, works for me.

That might get me back for a while.  Pandas on an island, not so much.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Originally posted by Aori
    If they don't botch it then ya i'll hit me up some alleria. Burning legion prob gonna come back, works for me.

That might get me back for a while.  Pandas on an island, not so much.

Yes but they can leave the island... run RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    The only thing that would excite me about WoW ever is the news that they removed the finder tools from pvp servres . Other than that I'm lukewarm to this watered down game and nothing would really excite me about WoW because they are fundamentally where Blizzard made its biggest mistake .  There have been others on top of that of course but destroying world pvp on pvp servers was pretty stupid .
  • gxgunnygxgunny Member Posts: 64
    They had better throw in MOP for free to get me to buy this expansion because I am not paying for the panda bear experience.  They will probably expect people to buy MOP before buying the next expansion when some people like myself dont want MOP. 
  • YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Well, least they might not end up being like the Green Super Saiyan Jesus.
  • StormwindXStormwindX Member Posts: 168

This piece of news came out a few years too late to excite me. Back in the BC days I'd be all "OMGWTFBBQ GIVE ME TURALYON NOW!!!!!", as I was still a huge fan of WC2 and its story... but right now?

Blizzard butchered its own Warcraft lore so much it's kinda hard to say I still give a damn.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Thought the theory was the next xp was into the dream realm.
  • RunianStarRunianStar Member UncommonPosts: 27
    yep, this seems like too far away to get either super excited or super disappointed for.  they just released MoP, I'm more curious to see what regular fans thank of that xpansion, than to start focusing on the next xpansion already.  

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by StormwindX

This piece of news came out a few years too late to excite me. Back in the BC days I'd be all "OMGWTFBBQ GIVE ME TURALYON NOW!!!!!", as I was still a huge fan of WC2 and its story... but right now?

Blizzard butchered its own Warcraft lore so much it's kinda hard to say I still give a damn.

In agreement here.  Played the hell out of the WC sereis games but now the lore is so blah to me and it's hard to get anyway excited about the game lore at all anymore especially since they literally killed Thrall in Cata as in all of a sudden he was a shintao monk where I thought was utterly retarded.  WoW has strayed far too much away for the roots of the game lore now.

• GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by StormwindX

AMEN MAN AMEN TO THAT!!!!! It's just sad that they did that. 

Quality level of Blizzard products went down tremendously *sigh, TBC was the last great xpac. 

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296
    Well it is meh for me. I wasn't a big wc2 fan so they aren't a big deal for me. I loved wc3 and felt all the main characters become crappy in WoW, except Illidan, Arthas and Thrall. I have a feeling the same will happen to those who loved Turalyon and Alleria, cool people will become mediocre. Honestly, I'm not excited because I just don't care about them, just like I never cared about deathwing.

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale