Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite classes after a month ?

Comments

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Basically I just like the Elementalist and the reason is that the other classes dont have enough skills for me to find them interesting. 10 skills plus 5 for changing weapons is not enough.

With the Elementalist I get 4x5 + 5 = 25 skills and I can even add more with conjured weapons. That is more like it.

• SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Kost

I'm enjoying leveling my new Monk at the moment.

My wife an elementary school teacher who oversees a seventh grade class, all her students are enjoying it too.

Yeah. Baby steps.I'll take it in increments. Start small and get more grown up as I go. So, I went from My little Pony to Monks. Next, I'll try Rift's new expansion.

Gotta love this stuff.  A "Candyland" player throwing rocks at someone playing "Pandyland" over which is more mature. Nice.

Young students really should be learning in class instead of their teachers letting them play GWII. Shows you how crappy some teachers are these days.  I remember my 7th grade teacher spending a lot of time in the back room with the Janitor/Custodial Engineer.

I am enjoying GW II. I enjoy the monk class and have tried..warrior..thief...ranger. My favorite is the Mesmer so far.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by SoulStain

My wife an elementary school teacher who oversees a seventh grade class, all her students are enjoying it too.

Yeah. Baby steps.I'll take it in increments. Start small and get more grown up as I go. So, I went from My little Pony to Monks. Next, I'll try Rift's new expansion.

Gotta love this stuff.  A "Candyland" player throwing rocks at someone playing "Pandyland" over which is more mature. Nice.

Young students really should be learning in class instead of their teachers letting them play GWII. Shows you how crappy some teachers are these days.  I remember my 7th grade teacher spending a lot of time in the back room with the Janitor/Custodial Engineer.

I am enjoying GW II. I enjoy the monk class and have tried..warrior..thief...ranger. My favorite is the Mesmer so far.

And the ultimate irony is the kids in 7th grade classrooms are all arguing over what game is better.  

Anyway, that's the last on this issue, I already went too far off topic.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
    Originally posted by Angier2758

To be fair Pandyland sounds worse...

They were both meant to. But then again, I never claimed to be mature to begin with. If I was, I'd have probably outgrown video games altogether.

Geezer-

Just a side note here... on one hand you say the game is candyland and on the other hand you've said the game is too twitchy and too hard for an older gamer.   I've never associated candyland with difficulty.

Sound like one of those guys that picked up GW2 even though they knew they wouldn't like it.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

So far I've stuck with necro till 56 since it can surprise a lot of people and can become very tanky... you also get 8-9 extra skills that people don't account for.

They need to fix the necro's bugs though... some of them totally ruin certain specs.

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

The class I like has not be released as of yet....

Bandit

Asbo

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by NightBandit

The class I like has not be released as of yet....Bandit

what's up with all these people signing their posts? Not like its a letter we see who you are.. just curious:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Although they are really fragile I really like Elementalist (got it to 80 last week). I love the fast pace and damage output coupled with the group support and boons that I can bring to a party.  I partied with an fellow Ele last night that was running Scepter/ Dagger like me and we were going combo crazy and I frequently saw my might stacked up to 24 and 25 which really helped the Thief that we had with us.   My main was going to be Warrior but idk, just couldn't stick with it past 37.   I recently made a theif and have that toon at 18 and am really enjoying it as well.  My next class will probably be Engi since a buddy of mine that I play with seems to have so much fun with it. 
  • JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Originally posted by Bjelar

My ele is fun to play with two daggers. Rush in, burst-burst-burst massive dmg and then kite Forrest, kite, and hope to live to tell the tale.

Guardian was almost bad enough to make me uninstall GW2. I attacked a large group of foes, went and got myself a cup of coffee and when I returned I was victorious. Who plays that s*i*t*. Blind infants? I'm an old man, and guardians are too easy. Youths of today should feel ashamed of themselves for playing guardian :)

I loled.

I have a Warrior lvl 80 and like it a lot. but I am leveling a guardian and I love it. It's the support aspect what I enjoy the most. I had a monk in GW1 and guardians are like an hybrid between paladins and GW1 proteccion monks. I just love them.

Rangers are very easy solo levelers as well. Thiefs are squishy but hit hard and you really need to understand the class to do well. They are a challenge but are fun.

I would love to try engineer but I ran out of character slots....

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Bandit

what's up with all these people signing their posts? Not like its a letter we see who you are.. just curious:)

Dear Aerowyn,

haha yeah I noticed it too.

Random person on the internet,

Gunny

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

So far I've stuck with necro till 56 since it can surprise a lot of people and can become very tanky... you also get 8-9 extra skills that people don't account for.

They need to fix the necro's bugs though... some of them totally ruin certain specs.

Which bugs?  I haven't run into any yet.

I agree, my dual dagger necro can be pretty tanky in many situations.  I also find the staff to be pretty decent at support as well, though, admittedly I don't use that role much.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Bandit

To be honest, I thought he was actually asking for a Bandit class. Kinda like a cross between a thief and pirate. Whoops!

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• BoneflowerBoneflower Member Posts: 91

Playing a condition based dagger/dagger melee Necromancer as my main, and I totally adore her. I rarely need to use minions and I mow through most things, including Veterans. She is powerful, but you ahev to be constantly moving, constantly thinking. I love how engaged I am while playing her. No idea why so many people are having such a difficult time with Necros. o.o

I have a total of 10 characters now, so leveling some of them rather slowly (and admittedly many are just for roleplay). But so far I rank the classes: Necromancer, Mesmer, Guardian, Thief, Engineer, Warrior, Elementalist, Ranger. 

I admit at first I had all kinds of trouble with my Mesmer and my Thief. Then I figured out how they were meant to be played and now they rock...though still not as hard as my Necromancer rocks! Guardian is great, but as some said...almost seems too easy at times. Having the least fun with Ranger and Elementalist. I am sure I just haven't figured out the right way to play them yet. But for now I have less fun on those two.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by evolver1972

I agree, my dual dagger necro can be pretty tanky in many situations.  I also find the staff to be pretty decent at support as well, though, admittedly I don't use that role much.

Sticky on necro forum has bug reports: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-bugs-compilation-NB72-NT15-NP6

This thread is huuuuuuuuuge compared to some other classes. Last count was 87 bugs according to this guy: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/Think-we-got-some-fixes/250419

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Warrior and thief , though I still haven't found a good character for me, I may try a mesmer later on. I'm just not a big alt-a-holic so I stick with my warrior that's already in all exotic gear. I just like farming gold to buy more and more dyes and trading for gems to use for boosts and other shop items.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by evolver1972
    Originally posted by Angier2758 So far I've stuck with necro till 56 since it can surprise a lot of people and can become very tanky... you also get 8-9 extra skills that people don't account for. They need to fix the necro's bugs though... some of them totally ruin certain specs.  

dagger/dagger? I find dagger/focus(or warhorn depending on situation) and scepter/dagger the best for me, and then there's the staff oh my god some of the spells with the staff are sweet especially with the 20% cooldown reduction.

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

I have created an Engineer, Guardian, Ele, Thief and Ranger

I have my Engineer at lvl 43 and all of the others under level 10. 

The Engineer grabs me for some reason. It just feels you have a lot of 'tools' in the bag.  Depending on my mood I can go support, DPS or whatever.  The most fun is sitting behind guardians in a raid type DE and laying down turrets and lobbing grenades on top of a pack of NPC's and then throwing the occassional elixir down on the front line players.  With mines and cripple/nets I can help keep the pack off the front line to.  The only issue I have is trying to work out which way I want to go with it.  Right now I have a critical hit setup so I am pumping a lot into precision and setting up a lot of traits that trigger with critical hits.  Seems to be going ok.

Loads of fun.  However its not easy to run your own combos.

(checked out the Ele last night, looks like fun but seems like a dozen ways to play as well.)

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Only class I've really been able to get into is the Mesmer.
  • TymorisTymoris Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Engineer, mesmer and elementalist in that order^^ Can't really get into warrior and guardian and thief I only play here and there.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    I love theif and warrior.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Melee ranger with ranged pet
    Anti aoe mesmer
    Combo setting necro
  • GoruduGorudu Member CommonPosts: 79
    I really enjoy the engineer, but the bugs make it very hard to play outside of one specific build. Mesmer is my second favorite.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Started with Elementalist... felt meh in the 40s. Switched to Guardian and took it to 80...very fun.

Now I'm playing with a Necro still in the 20s and having a blast. Necros seem to me to have both more survivability and DPS compared to the Ele.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453
    Interesting to see no clear favourites...classes do offer a lot of variation which is nice.
  • doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    I took my thief to 80 as that is the type of character I typically play in MMOs. Currently working on my engineer, and then I'll gradually move onto my warrior, guardian, and ranger. I'm not too fond of mesmers and necromancers. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron