Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Tanks: Update 8.0 Live in NA Today, EU Tomorrow

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wargaming.net has announced that the World of Tanks update v8.0 will go live on North American servers today and on European servers on September 27th. The update brings the overhauled physics engine into the game which, according to the dev team, gives the tanks more realistic behavior.

Along with the improvement, Update 8.0 adds a newly optimized user interface, enhanced rendering system for more lifelike and realistic visuals, as well as adaptive camouflage and new mini-map functions. Players can also now choose the combat mode type before entering the battle and transfer free experience into crew experience.

In addition, the USSR tech tree has been expanded with four new tank destroyers, and the first premium British machine, the Matilda Black Prince, rolled into the in-game shop for purchase.  

Read more about the update on the World of Tanks page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

well im patching it right now ROFL... 1259.92mb patch... fking hell O_o

sucks they tinkered with my loved marder 2 and joke tank hetz but sounds like a nice patch. im personally interested in the pysics cause i have been immobilized on fking rocks with the hetz too much >>"  oh how i hope they fixed that crap.. 

• StofftierStofftier Member Posts: 93
    yeah now you can drive with your hetz over a stone but fast tanks drift now like hell its so annoying that i allready sold all scout tanks.
  • sidfusidfu Member Posts: 170
    Originally posted by Stofftier
    yeah now you can drive with your hetz over a stone but fast tanks drift now like hell its so annoying that i allready sold all scout tanks.

boo noww it takes skill so all the scout tankers gonna quite now i guess

• StofftierStofftier Member Posts: 93
    boo butthurt td driver? no it doesnt take skill its only stupid and annoying thats a difference
  • AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

Don't play this anymore thought it was a little weak from day one and dought I'll return reguardless of what they add or patch.

Bandit

Asbo

• SchnizitSchnizit Member Posts: 25
    Nice I'll be jumping back in to check it out. The previous physics was awful. Hopefully I can bump/push tanks down hills!
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

well i screwed around with it for awhile i do like being able to traverse some hills/slopes would be nice if there was a slight more graphical display to show the hills/slopes that you can drive up.  sadly with the new phys the old cheap play style from CB is back in, which is the ram anything that moves and if it doesnt die in 1 hit shoot it or ram/push it until it does.

so far i havent noticed any tanks getting stuck on bolders which is nice, instead you seem to bounce. so that gets a plus from me.   graphic update is a wash imo.. i had to set the improved textures to high just to get the old medium i used to use.. medium is really low textures which is weird.  new sounds rock though.