Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Save a Panda By Pre-Ordering Storm Legion

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds and the Rift team have announced that $1 will be donated to help save pandas for every copy of the Storm Legion expansion that is ordered between now and October 3rd. Funds will be donated to Pandas International, a group committed to bringing the species back from the edge of extinction.

During the week of 9/26 - 10/3, we're donating $1 to Pandas International for every copy of Storm Legion pre-ordered through StormLegion.com.

Join us in the battle for the Infinity Gate and wield four new Souls against Crucia's ancient legion while fighting for a charitable cause.

To preview your donations in action, visit http://www.pandasinternational.org

Read more at the links above or head to the Rift site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

TROLLMUCH TRION!?

LoL!

• ale0738ale0738 Member Posts: 5
    THATS HOW U TROLL LOL

lol

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    It's funny, but honestly a bit unprofessional.  

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Trolling for a cause..  I love it lol

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342
    I chuckled when I read that on Massively.  At least one studio has a sense of humor.
  • Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Lol that is really funny. They certainly are clever by always razzing the giant to get exposure.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    that is awsome..lol'd so hard
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Well you sold me, I will be buying the storm legion, tanked my first mop dungeon last night couldn't believe how stupid and easy it was. We will see how the rest of the story goes while I level up.... I like what rift is doing here though, I said before at some point too that Rift is slated to become the new king. Thier timing is perfect too, just enough for GW2 to fizzled out, and people to come to a real conclusion about mop, yes my first dungeon was stupid easy, we will see how heroics go, if thier just as dumb as regulars or close, Rift better fire up thier engines and get ready for a Storm Legion Revival.
  • RuinalRuinal Member Posts: 195
    Lmfao. That has to be some epic pr win right there.
  • Azuri21Azuri21 Member UncommonPosts: 15

Haha very nice. Loving Rift and Trion best MMO on the market atm. See you in Storm Legion!

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

Rift is still one of my favorite mmo's, even though I don't play it right now. As for Trion, they are easily the best mmo company to me. Their humor is always great if you ask me and as far as being professional, they are far more professional and custome friendly than any other company I can think of, so there!

GG

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Man so awesome. I like their style!

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    lmao trion is so mad at blizzard
  • lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    trion trying to save world of warcraft ? how pathetic !!!
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

hilarious

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    I think it's kinda cool that they are doing this.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    Well you sold me, I will be buying the storm legion, tanked my first mop dungeon last night couldn't believe how stupid and easy it was. We will see how the rest of the story goes while I level up.... I like what rift is doing here though, I said before at some point too that Rift is slated to become the new king. Thier timing is perfect too, just enough for GW2 to fizzled out, and people to come to a real conclusion about mop, yes my first dungeon was stupid easy, we will see how heroics go, if thier just as dumb as regulars or close, Rift better fire up thier engines and get ready for a Storm Legion Revival.

You know, after a day...

These are people that have already made up their mind, why they would be buying the expansion to begin with boggles my mind.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    I think WoW should counter with killing a panda for every copy of Storm Legion that is ordered.
  • darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Nice little dig at MOP,pity they could have not stuck a hat on the cute little fella as well just to make it even more blindingly obvious all for a good cause though kudos to Trion i say. image
    p>
  • ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883
    1 dollar?  so how much do they plan to donate like 50 bucks?, maybe if they had the subs blizzard had 1 dollar would actually mean something.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf
    I think WoW should counter with killing a panda for every copy of Storm Legion that is ordered.

I think Pandas should sue Blizzard for deformation of character lol

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Go to hell Trion.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Dblstandard

To fully understand the joke you have to also appreciate the rivalry between Rift Devs and WoW.  As many Rift Devs are from EQ2, like Hartsman, and they recall what WoW did to EQ2's release by releasing Wow's open beta a few days before EQ2's release.  Bascially spoling EQ2's release and any possibility of success.  I don't think there is much love lost between WoW and the Rift Devs.

Nice sense of humor without going over the top. 

With no real big games on the Horizon, GW2 losing players daily and Tor essentialy dead this is a great time for Rift.  Rift, WoW and EQ2 are arguably the only supported MMOs left with regular content updates.  Great oppurtunity for Rift to fill the void as the MMO pf the future for those that want an actual supported MMO rather than the flavor of the month MMO we have seen with titles like GW2, TSW, Tera and Tor.  After so many box sale MMOs with less longevity  and support than a singleplayer game like D3, Rift is one of the few MMOs left with a future.

ummm they copied and pasted half their content from wow and their servers are ghost towns so the trolling is on them. While these guys find it funny here and think things like this is witty , it just shows exactly how desperate and immature this company really is. Also go look at their last 30 60 or 90 day population status on riftstatus and you tell me exactly how this game even manages to stay afloat in the first place. Really and truely unprofessional and i seriously cannot wait til storm legion flops like rift already is.

Edit- you are dellusional if you think 12-16 low population servers have a future seriously you need your head examined.

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149
    Wow so much anger. Kudos to you Trion. I find your humor and openness quite refreshing in an otherwise stiff genre.
  • TorlukTorluk Member Posts: 162

Taking the moral high ground to poke fun at one of your competitors and immediately losing it again for that reason, gotta admit it was funny on several levels.  Ty for the article and the laughs.

Very good PR stunt but I won't be playing MOP or Storm Legion.