Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: How to farm Exp and Karma Fast Tactics Part 4

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

For now on all parts go in this post. It was far too confusing responding to different people in different post. Also cuts down on old topic posts being revived. I'm a mod other places so I did this because I know multiple posts is annoying.

Guild Wars 2: How to farm Exp and Karma Fast Tactics Part 4 Updated 10/13/2013

Once again back teaching mind sets and strats. Just tactics I used and studied for validation to work. I put anything down here I don't believe in. I also went as far as showing over 10 different exp and karma hot spots you can focus your attentions on. You don't need a super long guide or exp grinding. This is more to the real and problably never get outdated enjoy.

Guild Wars 2: How to make gold as a beginner Part 1 

I did a nice live break down of making gold practices in Guild Wars. I found that these work and if you do them from the very start of playing. You will have no trouble by the time your lvl 80 in affording anything you want to buy. I did it live because I didn't want to just say look here you can make money and show you a after effect. If you don't understand anything I said leave a comment below. I'll do my best to break it down better here if need be.

<span id="eow-title" "="" dir="ltr" title="Guild Wars 2: Money Making for Veterans - Part 2">Guild Wars 2: Money Making for Veterans - Part 2

a compiled mindset and tactics I feel work well no matter the environment. A company can nerf farm spots they can nerf dungeons. What they can't nerf is a mind set and relentless effort to get at goals. This is what I teach in the vids no more no less. I been doing it for years in MMO's nothing ever really changing except the name of the money lol.

Guild Wars 2: Endgame and Beyond Part 3

This is a bit different from the other 2 videos. But it does link with them timeless wise. This vid I talked about what to do now that your 80 and have a little gold under your belt. I was careful not to spoiler too much because i rather you have surprise and fun. And not watch my vid and robotically do things. Mainly this is a quick ok what now sort of vid.

Complete with links and info you can go to for further information. Again I didn't say everything because it would make me show stuff people should see on their own. More a general video with info to get you started. I also touched a bit on the whole content end game definition. People really don't understand what end game is. And totally equate it to a big bad boss at the end of the rainbow. 

Next vid isn't a part but people ask what build do I use. I call it the paladin because I managed to make a ret paladin in guild wars lol. Alot of damage and good sustained healing on myself and my group. You see that on display in the videos below. I did it in a group event and the second video is in a dungeon setting Arah storymode. Caution this is a spoiler watch at your own risk.

Temple of Grenth Event and Arah Story Mode testing paladin build in a dungeon

Dragon Triple Threat= The dragons in the world at large posted on guild wars 2 junkies as a feature article

Below is the vids ill do next ill just post in this post as they get done.

Guild Wars 2: How to Level Fast tips and Tactis= I'm still editing and recording this i'm stuffing everything viable I can test first hand here. Some things got nerfed so I had to delete that footage it should be done soon.

Guild wars 2: How to get your Legendaries ASAP= This will be next week or whenever its done lol.

More parts to come

Discuss or tell me if you have something you like to see. All these vids came about from people asking me. I problably would of never done them without community input. So if you find even 1% of useful info from it all it's thanks to the community i'm just a reporter later.

Comments

• Medicated03Medicated03 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    xD might wanna fix you "pay attention to the prices in your server" bubble im guessing that was a boo boo ?
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Cool video.

Some people ask 'Where's the community?' when each new MMO rolls around. I'd say the guy that takes the time to make something dedicated to helping his fellow players is a clear example of community. Whether it's a video or wiki updates or contributing to the forums or even the notable personalities in in-game chat. That's community.

Thanks for posting this, Silent!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    How about the cliffnote version of this. :P
  • SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    Yea i addressed it the server thing. It's a minor error though because one server makes things a whole lot easier. For the simple fact the prices you see me deal with is the same you deal with. But I'm glad someone pointed it out to me :) Don't forget to like and subscribe. We have plenty of content coming Gw2 guides and coverage. I'm trying to get arena net to budge on a true test server :)
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Great vid, nice job.

Really like your comments and style - very positive, very informative, good quality sound and video.

NJ mate keep it up!

• MagaskaweelMagaskaweel Member UncommonPosts: 35

I liked how you said that the easy way of making money in GW2 was to get gear with magic find and get 100%, as if you can just waltz in any merchant or visit the trading company and get 100% for a handful of copper coins.

Its like people that say that everyone should see the earth from space, conveniently neglecting to mention 'become an astronaut at some point'.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    He told us what those of us at 80 already know. Grind Grind Grind with Magic Find! Nothing new to see here for me.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Originally posted by Thorbrand
    He told us what those of us at 80 already know. Grind Grind Grind with Magic Find! Nothing new to see here for me.

weeeellll  mostly its due to getting rares to break down for orbs.. but.. thats just me.  Not so much for money.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    You can make food that gives you magic find bonus at fairly low level.
  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

For someone with such an obvious dislike for the game you sure seem to be obsessed with commenting on it.

Unhealthy.

Well obviously I don't expect you to pull out 100% magic find at low levels. But alot of the items do start to come with it low. You can also buy items solely with that stat on it. They are not yet overpriced because frankly people just dont know better yet. Also like someone said you can get cheap food 1 copper food even. I

t's not too much to ask for 30-40% magic find even at lvl 14ish. I know the 80's know the deal already lol. But if you look around people are complaining about nerfs to dungeons. Did you see how long that QQ train is on arena net's forum? I'm just giving them another way other then saying the sky is falling. I doubt arena net is going to nerf ALL of the things listed in the vid. It's simply playing the game now if they nerf that um yea....lol

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

so far made about 8 gold without even trying just selling excess crafting materials. I harvest every node I see an dbreal down anything I cant use and sell it. Works well enough and suits my playstyle which is just run around any given area exploring with no plan other than not die any more than nescessary and seeing everty inch of the world

Oh also got all the crafting disciplines well into the 100's or I would have a crap load more gold than I already do. Ain't like I can buy a new real life  S Class Mercedes with game money anyway :::shrug:::

I miss DAoC

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Nice video of the basics :)
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

I find for new players staying in the starter zones till you have everything complete and harvest but only sell what you dont need works equip only what you need like new gear but always sell the rest to a merchant sell rare mats on  the TP and save alot of basic mats for latter. Sell everything to keep your bags empty then send most noraml mats to bank and sell evrything else. I have done this sense release my main is 55 warrior I also have a 44 thief , 31 gaurdian,  32 engineer, 28 mesmer, 18 ranger and a 30 elementalist and have 80+gold  in the bank  and each toon always has 4 or 5 gold on them except my main who has 26 gold.

I do as the op said farm areas alot as I play through them but I also run the overland dungeons every day the jumping ones cause the end items at higher lvls can drop rares from the chests I have I think a 34% magic find on my main and almost everyother kill drops a blue or green item my thief has a much higher magic find like 66%  but I put lvl 300 crafted runes in there armor for it on my warrior then sent it back to my thief so they could have better magic find I also been playing my thief more because there so fun. 

You can also sell the dyes as the op said I have sold some unidentifed dyes for up to 20 sil just in town I have also made alot from dyes I identified myself for upto 60sil except the extra white I sold for 2 gold. The other things that sell fast are the mystic forge stuff you get from completing certain things like full map or even some overland dungeons reward you with them some area vets and champs can drop them as well they sell for 20 to 40 sil. When doing the overland dungeons the chests have a 24 hr respawn so I stick to the ones I found in the areas I am in at that time and run them daily right now its the lvl 35 to 45 Hinter lands I think its called but has a goonies dungeon and a few other chest spots that are good like the angry spirte crypt and a cave that leads to the centaur camps from the south east side all have chests.

These are what I do to get gold and works really well I can make about 16 gold in a 2 or 3 hr play time. Well good hunting and adventuring.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

Nice tips my main has 41g i used to have 100 but I spent alot of it doing random things on different alts. It's by far easier going back for tradeskills. 
    Well jyiiga the short version would be frugal spending. Use karma to buy gear and salvage packs. Also never let your bag ever know what it means to be full. Constanly keep that bird flying to you and away :)
  • TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by Silentstorm

Guild Wars 2 Gold Vid

I did a nice live break down of making gold practices in Guild Wars. I found that these work and if you do them from the very start of playing. You will have no trouble by the time your lvl 80 in affording anything you want to buy. I did it live because I didn't want to just say look here you can make money and show you a after effect. If you don't understand anything I said leave a comment below. I'll do my best to break it down better here if need be.

love is to be shared, give me some. i play on Devona Rest btw.

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Cool video.

Some people ask 'Where's the community?' when each new MMO rolls around. I'd say the guy that takes the time to make something dedicated to helping his fellow players is a clear example of community. Whether it's a video or wiki updates or contributing to the forums or even the notable personalities in in-game chat. That's community.

Thanks for posting this, Silent!

My sentiments exactly, once in a while while weeding through most of the pointless posts on this site you come across usuful information. yes thanks for sharing Silent

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Selling stuff in TP at low levels actually make you lose money, why you ask well the prices are so low on TP that it's usually just 1 copper over vendor sell and when you sell things in TP you have to pay a sellers fee.

Take a rifle for an example you sell it on TP for 21c and pay 2c for seller fee, a vendor buys it at 20c.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

I don't know exactly what your looking at bro. I hover over the tooltip which usually shows the vendor price. And 90% of the time it doesnt even come close to what you can TH it for. Also if you noticed I salvaged the armor and weapons not vendor or TH them. In most cases the salvage is more then you get vendor or TH. In some cases yes it is a loss because the market degraded so badly. But i never even showed once I actually put up a actual armor or weapon piece.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Nice introduction to the basics - don't let the negative people who never do anything positive for a game discourage you, you tried to help, you took the time to make a nice video, two thumbs up :)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

watched half the guys video, 1 gold every three or four hours is very possible just in normal exploring. If I ran a farmong circuit probably 50 or more silver a hour would be possible, boring as heck but doable. I just ran my normal ok whats this over here and oh look a cave circuit and ended up with 35 silver more than I started with in a hour and a few minutes of my normal play. Did a few events, farmed some crafting nodes etc etc

copper/silver/gold is pretty easy to get as long as you are not stupid with it, no grinding a circuit required

I miss DAoC

The cool thing about it is it scales as you lvl. Also thanks for the love and respect in the comments. I didnt mean to be rude or anything not responding. I'm currently recording other things as well keeping busy. Again thanks 
  • Jason1989Jason1989 Member Posts: 28

Just wanted to say thanks man for posting this. I am level 56 and have never had over 1 gold.

I fast travel everywhere, I've been salavaging green for crafting, and spending lots of money on grinding armorsmithing. Going to use the tips in your vid. Thanks man!

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294
    I'm planning on buying all the gold I need. A bit expensive atm so I'll wait for a few months.