Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tutorial

BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403
Has the tutorial received a new voice yet or do you still have to click through and read menu's?

Comments

• BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    i haven't noticed any changes.

Shame I really want to start playing but the tutorial with no more voice over is awful :(

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    EVE is not for you, play something else instead.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran
    EVE is not for you, play something else instead.

And you know that from what?, nothing so your contribution therefore meant nothing, thanks.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

The first time I tried EVE there was almost no tutorial. I tried to get into, I couldn't

The second time I tried it, the tutorial was better. It got me started enough to actually play the game. When I got into a coporation I learned far more about the game. I played for a couple years and truly enjoyed most of my time in game.

I decided to check out eve again, so I did the free trial, just to see if I wanted to get back into it. There were actual tutorials, they explained everything and gave pretty good mission rewards to set you up.

People complain how hard EVE is to learn, but it is not nearly as hard for a new player now as it once was.

Originally posted by Johnie-Marz

The first time I tried EVE there was almost no tutorial. I tried to get into, I couldn't

The second time I tried it, the tutorial was better. It got me started enough to actually play the game. When I got into a coporation I learned far more about the game. I played for a couple years and truly enjoyed most of my time in game.

I decided to check out eve again, so I did the free trial, just to see if I wanted to get back into it. There were actual tutorials, they explained everything and gave pretty good mission rewards to set you up.

People complain how hard EVE is to learn, but it is not nearly as hard for a new player now as it once was.

It's not that it's hard to learn I've played it before but I just refuse to read walls of text, If i wanted to do that I'd read a book. Just wanted to try and get into it :(

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    tutorials got updated so many times that is hard to  know all the changes made .....

BestSigEver :P

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by Boltonsquad

It's not that it's hard to learn I've played it before but I just refuse to read walls of text, If i wanted to do that I'd read a book. Just wanted to try and get into it :(

EvE just recently (within a month or two) completely re-did their tutorials from the ground-up.  There was decent coverage of this elsewhere.  

That said, and I'm not judging you, if you are so against reading in a game then I have to agree that EvE probably is not for you.  It's not just a space shoot-em-up.  There are wars and politics that would rival the real world.  The more you know, etc etc.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Boltonsquad

Something tells me this is exactly why Kyleran made the responce he did, and he would be absolutely right.  If you can't be bothered to read the tutorial information EVE isn't for you. 

• eve_vetseve_vets Member Posts: 9

well today its 20120921.

I just created a 14 days trial to check out this Tutorial.

It's consist of both voice and text and big banners that show yo exactly where every thing is and it's so helpful

soo even a former WoW or other from any new mmo  player can get into EVE.

' yo have to be blind or some one who havent learn to read to fail understand the new Tutorial'

Sec  when I started playing eve 'first it was at launch at EvE Online we didnt have a tutorial that showed us how to undock and lol what we should aim at. (how stupid are people now days?)

grow up and  'Think it's not illegal yet'  !

• EluwienEluwien Member UncommonPosts: 196

I started EVE at 2007, I don't recall there being any tutorial.

I needed help, so I asked in local, found a person who answered in less than a minute. Asked if I can bother him with more questions, and he agreed so I became his apprentice. Ran missions, and ran errants for him, made friends, got into a corporation, advice all around. In a week I was in 0.0 learning the ropes.

I understand that tutorial is the thing-in-demand in games of 2012, but seriously I can't fathom how hard it is just to ask. The whole discussion of "catching up with the veterans" and "solve the learning curve" is best solved by simply becoming someone's wingman. Every vet benefits from a wingman.

Be in touch in game if u need help with anything.

DAoC - 00-06 - And every now and then
    WoW - Online since launch - and now back again.
    EVE - Online since 07 - and still on, and on, and on..
    WHO - Online 08-10
    LOTR-O - Online 06-08
    Also played : Asherons Call, EverQuest, EQ2, Dungeons & Dragons, Cabal, Dark & Light, GW, 
    GW2, LA2, Ryzom, Shaiya, SWG, Allods, Forsaken World, ArcheAge, Secret World, Darkfall, Rift, ESO, Tera.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

They've mad it a lot more noob friendly since then it seems.  The tutorials are a good start to just get a general idea of the common professions isn the game (but still leave out a ton of information).  The rookie channel is now automatically open so it's easy to get questions answered.