Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

6 year WoW Player.... Burntout...

RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member

You will never see such a hardcore burnout like this one...

I spent 24 hours thinking if I should buy MoP or not. After all that time, I put up the 39.99.... Logged in, got on the airship with my 85 hunter.... Literally after 20 seconds, I logged out. My brain just can't take this game anymore. Before I spent the 39.99, I had in my head exactly what was going to happen. I was going to grind quests until 90, then do dungeons... Well, some kind of psychological occurance happened. I felt sick and still do that I spent 39.99 on this because I can't even get myself to login.

It's over for me... WoW.... 6 years was amazing.... Just can't do it anymore.... Good luck.

Comments

• AusareAusare adamstown, MDPosts: 850Member
    Hope you find something new. I am loving my panda.
  • RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member

Sadly there is no MMORPG out that appeals to me.

Tried Tera, Secret World, GW2... Tired of spending tons of money on games I Don't play because they weren't what I wanted.

Bought Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 and they are pretty fun.

Overall, I'm just gonna slowly move away from gaming. I think my life will be better if I just stop dreaming of that "next title" and instead, do something more than sit around and play games a lot.

• AusareAusare adamstown, MDPosts: 850Member
    I find that i enjoy playing fewer and fewer games. Guess i am getting old. Keep thinking i should be doing stuff.
  • EtherougeEtherouge Candler, NCPosts: 514Member
    Originally posted by Ausare
    I find that i enjoy playing fewer and fewer games. Guess i am getting old. Keep thinking i should be doing stuff.

Sometimes you just have to isolate yourself from anything internet or video game related.

Work on something new. Learn something new on the way.

• HyperwolfHyperwolf LismorePosts: 120Member

Hey there OP, 

Yeh I know that feeling completely. I remember I just went off WoW one day exactly like you did. But I stopped playing MMO's for a few years and just played single player games a bit and a bit of League of Legends with friends. And now with TSW and GW2 I've gotten back into it again, but I'm not the same obsessed MMO player I used to be. I play more just to relax and have fun and I have deliberately avoided 'hardcore' guilds in favour of just some people to hang around with and have fun. It did also seem to come with age for me. Gotta realise that too much time in game is not healthy. 

You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks
    ~ WC

• JackdogJackdog Charleston, SCPosts: 6,344Member

If it ain't fun then don't do it is my philosophy. I went off the deep end again for a fcouple of weeks with GW 2 but have now scaled back to a couple of hours a day. That might seem like a lot but I am retired and have a ton of free time. The old days of staying up all night raiding will never happen again in my life.

Read a book or two, watch some old movies, learn to play a musical instrument, volunteer a day or afternoon at the homeless shelter. There are better things to do than obsess about a few bits of data stored on a server somewhere.

I miss DAoC

• krakra70krakra70 karakas, IDPosts: 122Member
    Originally posted by Raserei

I spent 24 hours thinking if I should buy MoP or not. After all that time, I put up the 39.99.... Logged in, got on the airship with my 85 hunter.... Literally after 20 seconds, I logged out. My brain just can't take this game anymore. Before I spent the 39.99, I had in my head exactly what was going to happen. I was going to grind quests until 90, then do dungeons... Well, some kind of psychological occurance happened. I felt sick and still do that I spent 39.99 on this because I can't even get myself to login.

It's over for me... WoW.... 6 years was amazing.... Just can't do it anymore.... Good luck.

Start a new char from scratch. The pet battles make leveling so much more fun.

• IrishChaiIrishChai St Louis, MOPosts: 529Member Uncommon
    I couldn't stomach it either the last time a friend sent me a scroll of resurrection. I didn't pay for it like you did, but I couldn't last a minute past logging in. It's funny because I took the time to reinstall all my addons too, but I never logged in again.  It's fine though. I got my money's worth over the past 7 years and can't complain. I love Guild Wars 2 & Torchlight 2 now instead. I can't get enough of them. :)
  • grimalgrimal Stamford, CTPosts: 2,873Member Uncommon

I feel for you.  MMOs are not what they once were.   Good luck and don't be so hard on yourself.

P.S. The part in red made me laugh really hard...

• tyrannistyrannis Norcross, GAPosts: 198Member

Six years was it for me as well. However, that was a year and a half ago. So many hours raiding. So many. Some of those times I will never forget though. However, happy now to be done with it.

##Best SWTOR of 2011
    Posted by I_Return - SWTOR - "Forget the UI the characters and all ofhe nitpicking bullshit" "Greatest MMO Ever Created"

##Fail Thread Title of 2011
    Originally posted by daveospice
    "this game looks like crap?"

• BossalinieBossalinie Hattiesburg, MSPosts: 683Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by grimal

I feel for you.  MMOs are not what they once were.   Good luck and don't be so hard on yourself.

P.S. The part in red made me laugh really hard...

I don't even think it's what you highlighted. It's just that people are doing things differently than they did 10 years ago. Sometimes, it's just time to move on.

IMHO, if my dream of an MMO would come out, I'd be pissed because I just couldn't enjoy it like I would have 10 years ago

• JakdstripperJakdstripper logan lake, BCPosts: 2,126Member Uncommon

you have hit the wall my friend. your mind and body are telling you "no more of this chasing the endless carrot" but your addiction just won't let you quit. The "gaming high" is not an illegal drug but it works much like any other drug, as it is chemical. it gets harder and harder to achieve that sense of euphoria as your mind gets used to the environment....and so the needs for it become stronger and stronger.

welcome to detox, the next 6 months are gonna suck for you.

• MatchuMatchu ChesterPosts: 23Member

Indeed I know the feeling.... I'm still debating whether to buy the expansion and subscribe again... But I just can't seem to get enthusiastic about it.... I'm considering a few other games, but again havent really got too excited about them either... I just wonder whether my age is creaping up with me! Having played Wow consistently since Vanilla and in HC raid environments, I wonder if my time is up....

We will see, I am still considering....

• Random_mageRandom_mage Puyallup, WAPosts: 1,093Member Uncommon
    I can definitly relate. My advantage is that I have another hobby.
    Its true, we go from game to game looking for something fun, obsess for a few days... Then move on. Mmorpgs are not what they used to be. There is no innovation.. Nothing even feels massive

Currently playing Real Life..

http://i36.tinypic.com/2uyod3k.gif

For all your stalking needs..
    http://www.plurk.com/Random_