Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Issue 3: The Cat God Deploys Today

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Secret World Issue 3: The Cat God is set to be deployed today, Wednesday, September 26th. The server is expected to come down at 7:00 a.m. Easter Daylight Time (4:00 a.m. PDT) with the downtime expected to last up to three hours.

The name of issue three was released with the announcement last week that Joel Bylos had taken over as the Game Director for The Secret World. Little else is known about The Cat God.

UPDATE: The official update notes and a description of the contents of The Cat God have arrived on The Secret World's site.

Read the announcement on The Secret World's forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
      Cthulhu is so gonna eat that chick

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    So far FunCom is on par with it's montly updates. Lets hope they'll keep it up this way and more ppl will play it.
  • moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Downloading the trial as we speak! Well as I speak. As some one speaks?
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Reading about Issue 3 made my morning image TSW has a solid foundation to build upon and if FC manages to develop the game on frequent basis it can have a long and nice life.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

This is a real good look.  Dare I say good news? 

Get this pve stuff out the way so, so you can start the pvp updates! image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Sadly I can not afford to pay the sub and play this game.  It is sad as I enjoyed this game tremendously.  I am glad to see they are keeping up with the monthly updates and I am hoping to one day come back. 
  • YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Damn I love this game. So happy they kept the promise of picking up again on the monthly update schedule. keep on rockin´FC
  • YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

The last patch that came only one week ago brought so many problems, and Funcom doesn't care and simply releases an untested patch just to keep true to their monthly updates.

It's FailCom all over again.

• MulliMulli Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by Yalexy

The last patch that came only one week ago brought so many problems, and Funcom doesn't care and simply releases an untested patch just to keep true to their monthly updates.

The very definition of "damned if you do, damned if you don't".

Looking forward to patching when I get home in a few hours.

• CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378

No it didn't.  it blocked use of one skill as it was being used to expliot.  Nvidia gfx users had BSoD issues, rolling back the drivers to the previous sorts that.  There is a fix for that today.  There was alos I hotfix inbetween these patches.

Stop over inflating issues and calling FC a pretty nasty word tbh.   TSW is a great game.

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

Originally posted by bluefunk

Originally posted by Yalexy The last patch that came only one week ago brought so many problems, and Funcom doesn't care and simply releases an untested patch just to keep true to their monthly updates. It's FailCom all over again.
    No it didn't.  it blocked use of one skill as it was being used to expliot.  Nvidia gfx users had BSoD issues, rolling back the drivers to the previous sorts that.  There is a fix for that today.  There was alos I hotfix inbetween these patches.

Stop over inflating issues and calling FC a pretty nasty word tbh.   TSW is a great game.

Rubberbanding, lags and latencies skyrocketing has nothing to do with RnS or nVidia drivers. Bosses still being bugged and unbalanced has aswell nothing to do with it. Gearmanager still not working properly, LFG has no options to search as a group to fill up spots, etc etc etc...

Sorry to say, but closing your eyes doesn't make these problems go away.

EDIT: Patchnotes are up... a whopping two new quests made it into this patch, and they eventually fixed RnS to work as intended (I mind you, three month after it was first reported!).
    No word about rubberbanding, lag-spikes or server-disconnects due to high latnecies tho.

Originally posted by Yalexy The last patch that came only one week ago brought so many problems, and Funcom doesn't care and simply releases an untested patch just to keep true to their monthly updates. It's FailCom all over again.

Rubberbanding, lags and latencies skyrocketing has nothing to do with RnS or nVidia drivers. Bosses still being bugged and unbalanced has aswell nothing to do with it. Gearmanager still not working properly, LFG has no options to search as a group to fill up spots, etc etc etc...

Sorry to say, but closing your eyes doesn't make these problems go away.

EDIT: Patchnotes are up... a whopping two new quests made it into this patch, and they eventually fixed RnS to work as intended (I mind you, three month after it was first reported!).
    No word about rubberbanding, lag-spikes or server-disconnects due to high latnecies tho.

They didn't affect as many people as you make out.  As usual the vocal minority went mental in particular when R&S skill was disabled essentialy to avoid explioting.

Many peop0le including myself had no issues at all.  The NVidia GFX BSoD issue was compounded when Nvidia realsed new drivers the day before the patch was released and people upgraded.

Originally posted by Yalexy   Originally posted by bluefunk Originally posted by Yalexy The last patch that came only one week ago brought so many problems, and Funcom doesn't care and simply releases an untested patch just to keep true to their monthly updates. It's FailCom all over again.
    No it didn't.  it blocked use of one skill as it was being used to expliot.  Nvidia gfx users had BSoD issues, rolling back the drivers to the previous sorts that.  There is a fix for that today.  There was alos I hotfix inbetween these patches.   Stop over inflating issues and calling FC a pretty nasty word tbh.   TSW is a great game.
      Rubberbanding, lags and latencies skyrocketing has nothing to do with RnS or nVidia drivers. Bosses still being bugged and unbalanced has aswell nothing to do with it. Gearmanager still not working properly, LFG has no options to search as a group to fill up spots, etc etc etc... Sorry to say, but closing your eyes doesn't make these problems go away. EDIT: Patchnotes are up... a whopping two new quests made it into this patch, and they eventually fixed RnS to work as intended (I mind you, three month after it was first reported!). No word about rubberbanding, lag-spikes or server-disconnects due to high latnecies tho.
    They didn't affect as many people as you make out.  As usual the vocal minority went mental in particular when R&S skill was disabled essentialy to avoid explioting.

Many peop0le including myself had no issues at all.  The NVidia GFX BSoD issue was compounded when Nvidia realsed new drivers the day before the patch was released and people upgraded.

What has RnS or nVidia drivers to do with severe lags, rubberbanding and disconnects? And what has it to do with bugs or broken gamemechanics?

Again, the biggest issues currently are lags, rubberbanding, disconnects (caused by high latenicies) and the bugs in nightmares (e.g. bosses not working as intended).

No it didn't.  it blocked use of one skill as it was being used to expliot.  Nvidia gfx users had BSoD issues, rolling back the drivers to the previous sorts that.  There is a fix for that today.  There was alos I hotfix inbetween these patches.   Stop over inflating issues and calling FC a pretty nasty word tbh.   TSW is a great game.
      Rubberbanding, lags and latencies skyrocketing has nothing to do with RnS or nVidia drivers. Bosses still being bugged and unbalanced has aswell nothing to do with it. Gearmanager still not working properly, LFG has no options to search as a group to fill up spots, etc etc etc... Sorry to say, but closing your eyes doesn't make these problems go away. EDIT: Patchnotes are up... a whopping two new quests made it into this patch, and they eventually fixed RnS to work as intended (I mind you, three month after it was first reported!). No word about rubberbanding, lag-spikes or server-disconnects due to high latnecies tho.

What has RnS or nVidia drivers to do with severe lags, rubberbanding and disconnects? And what has it to do with bugs or broken gamemechanics?

Again, the biggest issues currently are lags, rubberbanding, disconnects (caused by high latenicies) and the bugs in nightmares (e.g. bosses not working as intended).

Are they?  I haven't seen those mentioned a great deal at all tbh, don't know anyone with those issues in our Cabal.  Again vocal minority over stating the issues.

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

Nice with the new updates!

My wife and me are not done with the launch content by far yet, but it's good to see that they keep to the schedule. I suspected that they would mostly follow AoC and go for every six weeks after the last delay. I certanly didn't expect that this update would be on schedule!

As for the rubberbanding, I didn't even know about that until I saw the other poster here. Neither my wife and me have seen any of that.

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    This is a great surprise considering the last update was just around a week ago.  Nice job TSW, looks like your back on track with the updates!  No latency or disconnect issues here! 
  • CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781
    Will return during the Halloween Event.