Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMO do you play?

adamlin747adamlin747 Member UncommonPosts: 28

I have been playing MMO's since EQ1 and I have tried pretty much all of the newer ones.  I played, EVE, WOW , EQ1&2, RIFT, WARHAMMER, Age of Conan, The secret world, SWOTR, Star Wars Galaxies,Vanguard, AION, (sure I am forgetting some), and most recently Guild wars 2.  While alot of these are good games the game I keep going back to and the only one I have spent over 6 months with (exception being WOW for a year, yes I know) is EQ2.  The game keeps getting better and better for the most part and I am really suprised more people dont play it.  It has the most stuff to do IMO and has pretty much all the elements I am looking for. 

So what MMO do you play and what keeps you guys in the game?

Comments

• cheachancheachan Member Posts: 122
    I play Granado Espada despite its ridiculous amount of pioneer quests & little rewards for tedious ones. I love everything what's in it because of its concept & its relaxing music. It makes me feel "Like a Sir" 

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417
    Right now I'm playing nothing. The next game I'll be playing will either be LotRO once the Mac client arrives, or Darkfall Unholy Wars once I get a gaming rig.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174

Right I'm playing GW2, got my sights on and ears opened for EQNext, PS2 World Of darkness, Wildstar, ArchAge & Titan.

Whats keeps me going with MMO's is I'm waiting for that one special MMO image

• bone12bone12 Member Posts: 31
    gw2 best game so far and its Free :D i
  • SluskeSluske Member UncommonPosts: 56

Playing GW2.

Loved DF and the whole idea behind it, so I'm hoping DFUW will erase the flaws of the original.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

atm GW2 .. but i kinda combine i with other non-mmo games like TL2, dota2 and Forge to get over some boring bits i get sometimes.

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

I've tried almost everything since falling for EQ1 "back in the day".  EQ2 is an excellent game.  It's one of the MMOs in my backup rotation.

Been playing Rift since beta.  It not only does what it does well, but keeps evolving and expanding like mad.  I love the soul system and what they're coming out with in the expansion.

Playing TSW as well.  It just keeps getting better and better.  I love the characters, gameplay, art, etc.  Killer game to soak up my time until the expansion for Rift drops.  Still ping-ponging back and forth between them though.

Hope this ends up being a positive thread in the spirit of discussing our current favorites.  Good OP.

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Vanguard and Rift at the moment
  • DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

Ultima Online pretty hardcore, as in 2 hours a day (at least it's hardcore for me). 

Playing SWTOR on the side exclusively duo with a friend. We raised a Bounty Hunter/Sith Inqusitor to max level and working on  Trooper/Jedi Consular before starting to put time into endgame.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Well practially nothing.   Was playing GW2 in beta and bit after release, but I realized I have not logged in many days now and don't really want to anymore atm.    I never expected this game to last long for me, but still, anyway I am not de-railing it anymore.

So not playing anything and I don't see any mmorpg that could release in west in next 12 months that could be something I am looking for.

Alot of mmorpg's on the market, some of them really well done and being good games - but no recent mmorpg is kind of game I want. 

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by adamlin747

I have been playing MMO's since EQ1 and I have tried pretty much all of the newer ones.  I played, EVE, WOW , EQ1&2, RIFT, WARHAMMER, Age of Conan, The secret world, SWOTR, Star Wars Galaxies,Vanguard, AION, (sure I am forgetting some), and most recently Guild wars 2.  While alot of these are good games the game I keep going back to and the only one I have spent over 6 months with (exception being WOW for a year, yes I know) is EQ2.  The game keeps getting better and better for the most part and I am really suprised more people dont play it.  It has the most stuff to do IMO and has pretty much all the elements I am looking for. 

So what MMO do you play and what keeps you guys in the game?

Play or played,these are not the same thing.

Now, you are asking what MMO i play,i play Vanguard and EQ2 now and again.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by bone12
    gw2 best game so far and its Free :D i

and it free?!..... ok i give up

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Forsaken World with Sims 2 because FW looks like a customized TS2 world so I can pretend they're the same game.  I put my FW vampires and elves in my Sims 2 game - like they have housing.  Really, really nice housing.  Castles medieval style and all kinds of crap.  

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402
    GW2 and WoW. Not very spectacular, I know. But great for casuals who don't whizz through content.

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Currently playing EVE as it's one of the few titles out there that has the play style and mechanics that I enjoy. (i.e., PVP, territory control, endless character progression in terms of skill, ISK and activities etc)

As long as I have one MMORPG to keep me gaming I'm happy.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    GW2!  Well...... sort of.
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    TSW. Also have GW2 on hard drive.
  • LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

Nothing interesting is out.

• Goatgod76Goatgod76 Member Posts: 1,214
    Playing Vanguard: Saga of Heroes pretty steadily.
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Played EQ2 for 5 years, LOTRO for 3 years, Aion for 2 months, AoC for 2 months, Rift for 1 month

Playing SWTOR from launch and loving it :). Finally found the game that is  everything what I was looking for.

imageimageimageimage

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Playing TSW but have lots of the Western FTP conversions up on my comp.  (EQ, EQ2, CO, STO, WoT, GW2, LOTRO, FF14)

What keeps me in teh game:  My inablitlity to regularly have sex with brazillian bikini models...so I game :P

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• JaggaSpikesJaggaSpikes Member UncommonPosts: 430

Guild Wars 2 and Star Trek Online.

pretty pleased with STO. started only last month. didn't have mouch opionon before, but it feels treky enough for me. didn't even bother with episodes. just flying around, doing patrols, and whatever comes my way. also, duty officers are neat.

i love GW2. i play at leisurly pace. i'm in particular hurry. not so keen on art style, but gameplay is nice.

used to play WOW for 3 years (05-08). stopped before Lich King, but still play "free trials" Blizzard keeps sending. i like it, but jkust don't feel like paying xpacs and sub.

used to play EVE, but kind of drifted away. it still has special place for me.

other games, not so much. WAR is disappointed me. EQ2 was also meh.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    No MMOs until i finish Borderlands 2 .. then may be i will go back to WOW for MOP.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Right now, GW2, EVE Online and Combat Arms.

Wait... stop. I know. Combat Arms isn't an MMO. I completely agree with everyone last one of you that is reading that there and wondering how I can even suggest that. Here's my take on that...

In MMOs, I look for a massive playerbase to game with, a social environment (idle or during combat, i don't care) and an advancement system for my character. Now, the biggest argument against that is often that since it's a lobby game, you're only playing with 16 or so people at once. That argument often comes from the same people that believe grouping is socializing... but most groups are 5-8 players. Even most raids are only 20 or so players. I realize it doesn't have a persistent world and that's one of the defining features of an MMO. However, it delivers on every other features and the intended purpose of those features, so when people ask me what MMOs I play, i usually include Combat Arms, even though it really isn't one.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• VegettaVegetta Member Posts: 438

Presently playing none. I think i may be finally over MMOs- Nothing out now appeals to me nor does anything now in development. :(