Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MoP is it bringing back lots of people ?

Comments

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by papardelios
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki
    2 weeks and everyone will be back to GW2.

2 weeks and gw2 will be dead. and if its not will be because of non sub system and not because its something special. most ppl already have it as an alt mmo, as me and my friends do

Even before GW2 launch people had it on their list as an alt MMO since it's B2P.  And where is your survey that verifies that "most" people have it as their alt list and not a moderate or low amount.  Then again you are just pulling numbers out of your ass that is typical behavior on these forums.  People have been preaching that GW2 will be dead in a few weeks after launch and yet people are claiming it's still going strong.

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

2 weeks and gw2 will be dead. and if its not will be because of non sub system and not because its something special. most ppl already have it as an alt mmo, as me and my friends do

gw2 dead? uhuh. a mighty fine crystal ball you have there lol

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

I'm locked out of my server. Prime time oceanic. I've been in cue for 30 minutes already. 

As of now, I'm position 2168

Estimated time 57 min

But it keeps changing

Just jumped 2151

98 min

??

EDIT: 149 in q!!!

• KalmporosKalmporos Member UncommonPosts: 293

Typical stuff. 

People get all excited with the new expac. and nostalgia kicks in.

People will buy Pandaria and sub for a month. 

People will level to cap in one week and see that nothing has changed and they are grinding the same old sh*t.

People will start quiting again in a couple of weeks.

Blizzard will release a content patch in 10 months begging for people to sub.

People get all excited with the new patch. and nostalgia kicks in...

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    There was actually a queue on my server last night...haven't seen that in years :)
  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Too hard when you can't rely on a discrepancy based entirely on gear to achieve victory eh?

Skill based isn't for everyone! Have fun playing World of Kung Fu Pokemon.

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Wyrmrest Accord, a PvE server has a 13 minute queue to enter the server. That is a semi-good sign I guess. 

Stormwind was over-run by Pandarians! The Westfall beach near the northern end was filled with Panda's killing murlocs! 

Fun Stuff :)

I play on Wyrmrest and there have been queues every time I log in. As for the Pandarians, I think a lot of folks are just trying them out, which is normal for a new race. I rolled a bear monk, played the first 10 levels, and then rolled a human monk and started playing a proper alt. ;-)

I actaully got the name 'Shalhoub', which was oddly enough still available.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314

Very few people in my gaming group are returning to WoW.  MoP reviews are positive on some elements, like the pet battle system, but also fairly point out it's the same old and tired mechanics underneath.  News is coming in today of disappointing MoP retail sales when compared to retail Cata sales.

I want the old Blizzard back.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    According to my old raid guild (well whats left of them who are playing GW2, which damn them for not rolling on my DAoC's guild server) they dont anticipate them being able to do any raid content till 7 new recruits are brought in which is the worst they have ever seen it.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by Amjoco
    Wyrmrest Accord, a PvE server has a 13 minute queue to enter the server. That is a semi-good sign I guess. Stormwind was over-run by Pandarians! The Westfall beach near the northern end was filled with Panda's killing murlocs! Fun Stuff :)

WRA is the default server for eRP elitists that like to pretend they're just there for RP in Cathedral district.

It makes sense that the yiffers would be coming out of the wood work - sometimes literally, just to roll a panda there.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    My server has been pretty darn active since the patch before release. Some of that is due tot he cross realms of course but either way, the house is hopping.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• Originally posted by Phry

so you are seeing people leaving GW2 to play WoW.. i guess that would explain the fall off on Xfire..  though some might say that whats really happened is that people who took a break from WoW to try out GW2 are now returning..  image

Check xfire again.

http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2

GW2's been steadily dropping even before MoP launched and is simply continuing the pattern. So it doesn't look like MoP had much to do with it. I think people playing GW2 less has a lot more to do with it being a mediocre game. It's dropping at a similar rate to SWTOR despite not even having a sub fee.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Originally posted by Phry

so you are seeing people leaving GW2 to play WoW.. i guess that would explain the fall off on Xfire..  though some might say that whats really happened is that people who took a break from WoW to try out GW2 are now returning..  image

Check xfire again.

GW2's been steadily dropping even before MoP launched and is simply continuing the pattern. So it doesn't look like MoP had much to do with it. I think people playing GW2 less has a lot more to do with it being a mediocre game. It's dropping at a similar rate to SWTOR despite not even having a sub fee.

the interesting part will be in 2 weeks time, will WoW have its numbers slide back to pre MoP and will GW2's figures recover or keep on sliding.. at the moment i'd put money on them both sliding  image

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Zezda

Anecdotal evidence and all that.. 

I'm living with 3 other people who use to play WoW until Cataclysm, none of them will be returning this expansion. The 4th person who never played MMO's before and just at some deep level had no love or time for them is playing GW2. Not sure how much time he has spent on it but he is about level 55 and from what he's saying he is quite enjoying it so far. I think the reason he likes it is that he can wander around and do his thing and not need to worry about having a purpose. He's lived with people who played WoW since it launched and he says it just never appealed to him because of all the Guild Drama and raiding and stuff. He did quite enjoy being able to play with myself and the other guys here without there being any hassle and I think that sort of interaction is a pretty big deal for him.

There's a few guys in my work who use to play as well. Out of the 5 that I still speak with only one of them bought MoP. Having said that I'm pretty sure none of the others play MMO's at all now.

So personal anecdotal evidence aside.. I get the impression that on forums such as this the amount of interest/articles and such seems to be a lot lower than I seem to recall previous expansions. I don't doubt it's going to sell a lot but I don't think it's going to be close to Cataclysm or WotLK.

Same here, my entire house was full of people who played wow. Only one is returning but it's because he's bored with everything including borderlands and he'll be bored with wow soon it's just his nature.

Friends i've known for years who i met in wow out of twenty of them 2 are returning.

It's just a poorly made expansion imo. It has very little content compared to their older material and ever since they put Ghostcrawler in charge the game has been less and less appealing or innovative, it's just holding on and it shows in this expansion.

• Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Originally posted by Phry

Check xfire again.

the interesting part will be in 2 weeks time, will WoW have its numbers slide back to pre MoP and will GW2's figures recover or keep on sliding.. at the moment i'd put money on them both sliding  image

You are probably correct!

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    I've really been enjoying this exp pack. There are a lot of people playing in the new areas, but not so much so where you can't get a quest done cause someone is killing the same mob as you. If I remember right UO got some grief when they added samurai empire, though no pandas. I really hope though that enjoy the game keep playing it, and those who do not like it find some thing they do like.

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123
    i bet u guys wish you had overflow servers =P
  • i play a lot of different games with a lot of different people, and none of the people i game with are touching WoW. not one of them.

i actually considered it due to all the memories, but when i checked the twitch streams, and actually saw the game again, i decided against it.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by umie214
    i bet u guys wish you had overflow servers =P

Not needed!

I bit the bullet, bought MoP (as it's cheap) and rolled a Panda Monk ROFL! Monk is actually a fun class so far.

The Panda starter area is totally deserted already!  Last night I played through the zone and saw maybe 2-3 other players. That's it!

It shocked me really.  As about 6-7 months ago when I was playing for a month or so and rolled a Worgen druid, there were still lots if people in the Worgen starter area.

So it's not a good sign really.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

I played through WotLK, came back for Cataclysm for a few months.  Not buying Pandaria.  I have nothing against WoW, but I've spent my time in game, and have played the game as much as I've wanted to.  Enjoy the expansion, WoWHeads; I'll be exploring other places.  Like under my computer desk.  Gettin' kinda dirty down there.  WTB microfiber mop...

• KyllsynKyllsyn Member UncommonPosts: 110

- Was hyped for new xpac. Played to 90, lost server first by 8 minutes. Started questing to enjoy the lore. Couldn't do it. The scenery and art is amazing, models are great. But I just could not do it. I tried, but I just cannot get myself to log in. It's like i'm not even playing WoW anymore. 

You will always see after an XPac drops that population rises, this is only temporary. It always is. Give it a month, it will go back to normal, It always does. I for one will sadly not be returning. I just can't do it anymore. I love Pandas, my favorite animal hands down. But Pandarians and WoW, I just couldn't. 

all derp'd out and nowhere to herpaderp.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by JeroKane

I bit the bullet, bought MoP (as it's cheap) and rolled a Panda Monk ROFL! Monk is actually a fun class so far.

The Panda starter area is totally deserted already!  Last night I played through the zone and saw maybe 2-3 other players. That's it!

It shocked me really.  As about 6-7 months ago when I was playing for a month or so and rolled a Worgen druid, there were still lots if people in the Worgen starter area.

So it's not a good sign really.

i rolled a panda this week using the starter edition that any free trial player has access too

i saw only 2 other players (Nazgrel server) but I assume its because Pandas are not a popular race

for a new starting zone where anyone can play - including nonsubs - i was expecting to see more players

edit:

in fairness, Wandering Isle is the smallest starting zone; only good for levels 1-12

and the quests move you to new locations after only 2-3 quests

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Himshim

You will always see after an XPac drops that population rises, this is only temporary. It always is. Give it a month, it will go back to normal, It always does. I for one will sadly not be returning. I just can't do it anymore. I love Pandas, my favorite animal hands down. But Pandarians and WoW, I just couldn't. 

The thing is tho, that the population did not really rise on most of the servers, except the few realms that were already still high pop!

On my server the population hasn't changed at all with MoP release!  I see ZERO effect with the whole Cross Realm Zones tech thing.

The panda starter zone is totally deserted! Most of the other zones are still deserted too. Checked on all my chars of various level, to see this whole CRZ thing and if it improved the empty zones feeling.  Nope!

I think there is a very good reason why Blizzard has been suspiciously quiet!  No first day / first week release figure announcements! Nothing!  It's all silent.

I think WoW might finally be hit by the oversaturation of the MMO market and have it's first failure on their hands with bad sales!

This expansion did not sell well.

• KyllsynKyllsyn Member UncommonPosts: 110
    CRZ really screwed up the game period. I saw most of outlands was full when I went to farm my Ashes of A'lar before MoP dropped on my rogue. But CRZ messed with World BGs, and any world capture events which I fairly enjoyed for Nostalgic reasons. 
    all derp'd out and nowhere to herpaderp.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    brought back my whole guild and myself....so that says something.  I really the battle pets and collecting them, so much fun.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"