Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Dungeon Fixes and Exploit Closings Spotlighted in Update

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest patch notes for Guild Wars 2 have been posted on the official site. Chief among the long list of changes are alterations to several dungeons as well as the closing of exploits some players had been taking advantage of in recent weeks.

We’ve made some significant updates to dungeon rewards. I wanted to try and clarify them here. All of these changes have been the result of an original exploit which was letting players receive upwards of 20 levels by completing a single dungeon run. We initially closed this exploit, which caused some new problems. The result is this new system which should increase dungeon rewards for players who play though them normally but help curb inflation of rewards for those who are using exploitative methods to farm them.

Read more on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• dasX82dasX82 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Too late though.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by konecta
    Too late though.

too late for what? game is hardly a month old..

glad to see many of these fixes keep up the good work ANET:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• KarazulKarazul Member CommonPosts: 39
    Too late though.

LoL ... Very nice joke!

They are fixing things faster than in most games...

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Glad they fixed the "Stand By Your Krewe" difficulty.  My wife almost quit the game over that one (way too hard for level 8 Ele).  Too bad for her she's past it now.  lol

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• dasX82dasX82 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Many ppl got the  exotic skin gear arready at least 70% of my server did. Much of the bug are still there and i think those "changes" was not what ppl was waiting for. Making some intances almost imposible and nerfing loot is not the right way from my point of view. Burn me now.
  • MilitantMilitant Member Posts: 48
    All those engineer fixes and they failed to fix the "elite supplys" trait not extending the range of the mortar elite skill... Sigh, why can i throw grenades farther than a mortar??? Thats some arm..
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Nice fixes, yet not one fixing the AI of those dumb necro minions. Still happens way too much that of my 3 minions just stand there doing nothing >:(
  • UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    Too late though.

I'm predicting it goes f2p within 6 months. I also predict a lot of Americans will move to Canada if Obama is re-elected because they don't want to live in a country with socialized medicine.

• kezzzakezzza Member UncommonPosts: 23

Removing the 1copper from city map completion reward..

how are we supposed to make money now as an explorer!?

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

3) Dungeon tokens should be account bound. This will allow players to have a single character farm tokens for their other characters

That is just nice! :)

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Many ppl got the  exotic skin gear arready at least 70% of my server did. Much of the bug are still there and i think those "changes" was not what ppl was waiting for. Making some intances almost imposible and nerfing loot is not the right way from my point of view. Burn me now.

The loot wasn't nerfed, you now get twice the tokens the first time you complete a path than you did before to compensate for needing to complete the path before you get the tokens, with tokens as rare drops an incoming update. So actually, you're getting more. 2 hours of work with a good group got me all 3 paths of TA and 180 tokens. That was more than I'd gotten in days prior from people just farming the beginning bosses over and over. If you were talking about getting rich and going up 10+ levels from said farming, common sense would tell you that wasn't working as intended.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."