Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So Bored...

SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I'm already bored of Pandaria, got past a few quests and again was like, what is the point? Grind out five more levels, then grind out gear all over again...

No thanks, I'll pass.

When are they going to make another MMO that feels meaningful? When are they going to make an MMO that doesn't feel like an hamster wheel? Go kill ten of these, go pick up six of these, omg enough already.

Sometimes I look at the NPC's and wonder if I would just rather be one of them, giving out quests to all of the hamsters frantically clicking on me for treats.

Comments

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Maybe it's time to just suck it up and try EvE for the tenth time...
  • PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    WTF are you suppoed to do in an MMO? Thats how MMO's are. Play a different Genre and stop whining.
    If MMOs = hamster wheels, then yeah I'm done and will move on, its just too bad I preoredered Pandaria before I came to this realization. What a waste of $40.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    I'm not sure why you didn't realize this before you bought the expac.  I always really liked leveling in WOW expansions.  There's just nothing after that driving me to buy this expansion.  Maybe if it actually included a months subscription I'd be more tempted.
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Sounds like you are bored of gaming, not just WoW. Time to take a break and find a new hobby, at least temporarily until you get a desire to play again.

Kindle with free books or a Netflix subscription are some cheap replacements for your leasure time.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC
    WTF are you suppoed to do in an MMO? Thats how MMO's are. Play a different Genre and stop whining.

That's not how mmo's use to be. People have just settled for mediocrity so much they're willing to accept a grindy mmo.

Look at UO, AC1, DAOC, those were all good mmo's.

WoW is a good game, and I enjoyed the years I played it (until the gear grind set in) but way too grindy for gear for me to ever play it again.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    sounds like you are bored of gaming, not just WoW. Time to take a break and find a new hobby, at least temporarily until you get a desire to play again.
    I'm not sure why you didn't realize this before you bought the expac.  I always really liked leveling in WOW expansions.  There's just nothing after that driving me to buy this expansion.  Maybe if it actually included a months subscription I'd be more tempted.

/end thread

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Plus, at least you were able to create a thread title "So Bored" that I'm sure none of the trolls and wow haters will notice...good job.

I'm not bored of Civ 5. So I'm not bored of gaming in general, just tired of MMOs and what they have become.

But yeah, I just bought a new bike and have been spending time riding around various trails, but sometimes I just want to relax and have some fun in front of the computer.

• amadeuzamadeuz Member Posts: 73

MMO these days = Grinding Forever

Just the way it is, accept it otherwise move along to other genres

• aWRAYaWRAY Member Posts: 84

So, you paid full price for WoW and expected something different? And on top of that, you played for a few minutes and quit? Sorry you wasted your money.

But in all seriousness, did you even play the game? Or are you just here to flame?

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Why are you playing WoW?  I thought everyone was supposed to be playing GW2.  

I heard it's a hot ride..

Sorry things didn't work out better for you, though.

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

When are they going to make another MMO that feels meaningful? When are they going to make an MMO that doesn't feel like an hamster wheel? Go kill ten of these, go pick up six of these, omg enough already.

I believe TSW would be a refreshing change, and they have a 3-day free trial.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

Originally posted by Yaevindusk
    sounds like you are bored of gaming, not just WoW. Time to take a break and find a new hobby, at least temporarily until you get a desire to play again.
    I'm not sure why you didn't realize this before you bought the expac.  I always really liked leveling in WOW expansions.  There's just nothing after that driving me to buy this expansion.  Maybe if it actually included a months subscription I'd be more tempted.

/end thread

more like /end playing mmos

They were not always this way, but apparently a mmos now = a mindless mix of gear grind and stupid quests.

Originally posted by aWRAY

So, you paid full price for WoW and expected something different? And on top of that, you played for a few minutes and quit? Sorry you wasted your money.

But in all seriousness, did you even play the game? Or are you just here to flame?

I think I earned about 500k exp from quests, so yeah I played it a little. But I'm having serious buyers remorse.

Originally posted by amadeuz

MMO these days = Grinding Forever

Just the way it is, accept it otherwise move along to other genres

Great advice.

Originally posted by Tayah

That's not how mmo's use to be. People have just settled for mediocrity so much they're willing to accept a grindy mmo.

WoW is a good game, and I enjoyed the years I played it (until the gear grind set in) but way too grindy for gear for me to ever play it again.

Yeah look at them. You level, you get gear, you kill crap, you sell crap, you craft crap and you try to be the best. Thats what an MMO is and thats what it will always be. 

Those games are terrible compared to WoW, TSW, GW2 now. If those games released with todays standards (and i'm not just talking about graphics) they wouldn't last a week.

Originally posted by Robokapp
    what's wrong with eve? I've been playing since 2009 and it's...great. until there's a neut in your system when you want to mine...

I just haven't been about to get past the whole toon = ship thing, but the gameplay is something I have been looking for for the last 6 years, I think it's time to take the plunge and go full out in EvE.

Originally posted by Tayah

Yeah look at them. You level, you get gear, you kill crap, you sell crap, you craft crap and you try to be the best. Thats what an MMO is and thats what it will always be. 

Those games are terrible compared to WoW, TSW, GW2 now. If those games released with todays standards (and i'm not just talking about graphics) they wouldn't last a week.

If SWG rereleased today without the Star Wars and Lucas Arts's attempt to make it WoW, there would be enough players to make it work.

WoW just created a "standard" that it seems all mmo's must obey now, what a shame.

what's wrong with eve? I've been playing since 2009 and it's...great. until there's a neut in your system when you want to mine...

I just haven't been about to get past the whole toon = ship thing, but the gameplay is something I have been looking for for the last 6 years, I think it's time to take the plunge and go full out in EvE.

Uhg EvE.

I tried that, but man did my brain fry. Good luck. Cool concept just way to hard for me. I only have a Masters Degree. You need a Doctrate for that one. 

Uhg EvE.

I tried that, but man did my brain fry. Good luck. Cool concept just way to hard for me. I only have a Masters Degree. You need a Doctrate for that one. 

I think my brain fried a little the last time I tried to get into it as well, but at least you get away from the style of MMO that makes up most of the genre. I think might just take the plunge into the next Darkfall release, just to see what it feels like to play an MMO that is different.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

I think I earned about 500k exp from quests, so yeah I played it a little. But I'm having serious buyers remorse.

Lol'd a bit at that. 500k xp means that with an 85 character you did 4 quests? You judged the whole expansion on 4 quests and not even leaving the initial start area?

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

I wasted $20 on TL2, dont see me bitching.

XCOM looks fun have you downloaded the demo off steam?

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by expresso
    I wasted $20 on TL2, dont see me bitching.XCOM looks fun have you downloaded the demo off steam?

Thanks for the heads up expresso

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Shadoed

Lol'd a bit at that. 500k xp means that with an 85 character you did 4 quests? You judged the whole expansion on 4 quests and not even leaving the initial start area?

Yes it mean I did about 4 or 5 quests, are they really that different from the rest of the expansion? My guess is no.

People want to say I'm whining, and they are right. I'm whining becasue I'm tired of the find the guy with the ! over his head, do the mindless task he asks and return to him with a ? over his head. Are we that easy to entertain? Apparently so.

Well, I'm sick of it. I want an adventure. I want to stumble on to an quest. I want to be something other than what the current crop of mmos prvide. I get that I'm "whining" and should move on, but seriously when did mmos become mindless timewasters, when did they lose the sense of community? I'm tired of the rat race in mmos, my life is already full of rat races, I long for the escape mmos used to bring to me, an alternative universe. If the only option for an alternative universe is a rat race, I'm done, I'll stick to single player games that tell a story or just find new hobbies in real life.