Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Exodus for MoP... or not?

Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

11 Full

11 High

2 Med

at 11:47 PM CST 9/25.

Still takes forever to get in Wvw.

I'm not seeing the mass exodus.

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

No exodus on my world, Dragonbrand.

From what I have observed, my guild and friends are just as active today as they were yesterday. All the usual suspects are in the Mists or WvW. No change at all that I can see.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    I'm on Ferg's Crossing, which is one of the smaller servers and we actually had a queue for Eternal Battlegrounds tonight...which is pretty unusual.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• LathialLathial Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Originally posted by Angier2758

11 Full

11 High

2 Med

at 11:47 PM CST 9/25.

Still takes forever to get in Wvw.

I'm not seeing the mass exodus.

Well, I just logged in and in 10 mins after your post it seems like there has been a mass exodus using your calculation.  

At this time its all high and 3 medium so it looks like people are leaving in droves =)

Lath

• tyrannistyrannis Member Posts: 198
    I'm sure lots of people with play MOP. They prolly have many year old toons they want to level. I played for 6 years. I for one and glad not to be getting MOP. Be enjoying my single player games these days. Not to mention the months of raiding I would need to do to get my char when I would want him to be. Those days are over for me.

##Best SWTOR of 2011
    Posted by I_Return - SWTOR - "Forget the UI the characters and all ofhe nitpicking bullshit" "Greatest MMO Ever Created"

##Fail Thread Title of 2011
    Originally posted by daveospice
    "this game looks like crap?"

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

I know how fond everyone is of the xfire stats on this site :-p

http://www.xfire.com/genre/mmo/massively_multiplayer_online/

Launch day for MoP and it's still behind. Not looking too good I would say.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Originally posted by Zezda

That's pretty remarkable.

Sure WoW is only barely behind, but the fact that it's behind at all says a lot for how popular GW2 is.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

launch day results are not in yet guys, it's the results released today that will show us lunch day stats, what we do know is that GW2 was riding high on 80,000 hours just a few weeks back its down to 35,000 hours now... some amoung the xfire community it's plummeted very quickly.

Now unfortunatly the GW2 fanboys cannot now dismiss xfire stats as they made such a fuss over them a few backs, more than a dozen posts in several forums saying how GW2 killed WoW based on xfire stats... they made their bed.

Yes I am playing GW2 so this is not a troll just an observation.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

I don't care for those types of questions.

I used to like WoW, but I hate what it has become.  GW2 is just a mild MMO with no particular social interactions to keep me coming back.

I'd rather play STAR-WARS-MMO_03, but it hasn't come out yet.  Version _02 blows chunks..  I'm MMO-less, I guess.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Ren128Ren128 Member UncommonPosts: 73

In my guild there seem to be a bit fewer people around but that's due to Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 rather than MoP (yes we actually had a discussion about this in the guild chat last week).

• krakra70krakra70 Member Posts: 122

Monday(or tuesday with a very small chance) was the last day GW2 was more popular than WoW on Xfire (at least for 2012). I give you the right to save this reply and ridicule me forever if I'm wrong. :)

got the days wrong. 24 was monday, 25 tuesday

• krakra70krakra70 Member Posts: 122
    BTW I'm not a wow fanboy. I have played wow 2 months in the last 4 years. But I played mop and gw2 and objectively mop is far superior and the stats will show it.
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

I've seen a lot of people from GW2 in MoP telling it was a good game to play while waiting for WoW xpac.

In a couple of months when MoP is beaten people might come back for more GW2, maybe.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Zezda

Xfire updates at 12 midday GMT so the results are not showing yet. And for those who love a graph, its not looking good let the xfire conspiracies begin.

http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    MoP is actually not even selling that well for an expansion, atleast judging by the popular game shops. Borderlands 2 is still outselling MoP on Gamestop.com and it has been out for a couple of weeks. Borderlands 2 is multiplatform, but it has been out 2 weeks and does not have nearly the installed user base that WoW has. That tells you something. Sure, MoP probably has sold around half of the copies digitally, but the fact that there is sites (multiple) where it is not #1 seller is pretty shocking quite frankly. Just to compare: Cata sold 3.3 million copies in the first...24(48?) hours. That easily was #1 in sales across pretty much every popular gaming retailer. The fact that MoP is not anywhere near #1 on most retailer sites probably is good evidence that this expansion is not selling nearly as well. I doubt it is less then 2 million copies, but I won't be suprised if GW2 has sold more copies then MoP has.  (Obviously that will probably change over time, but still) 
  • halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

Who the hell was predicting this whole mass exodus thing? GW2 is B2P so it is quite posible to play both games at same time.

I can't even believe these topics.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by krakra70

Monday(or tuesday with a very small chance) was the last day GW2 was more popular than WoW on Xfire (at least for 2012). I give you the right to save this reply and ridicule me forever if I'm wrong. :)

got the days wrong. 24 was monday, 25 tuesday

you know there are other games released at this time? and they outsell MoP and GW2?

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    I'll believe the mass exodus when I see it. Steady decline, MoP might overtake G2 on XFire again, all true, but no real exodus. Too much left to do in GW2.

imageimage
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

You can be sure a good part of the majority of casual players, those who were forced into raids and arenas to be able to compete in WoW, will not return to WoW if they can keep on playing GW2.

Some people will also most likely play both, since GW2 doesn't have a monthly fee.

And there are the people like my little sister, who love MMORPG but can't play enough to justify a monthly fee (she's in the UNI, and doesn't have much time to play). To those, GW2 is a boon. She can jump in and play a few hours without ever having to pay a full monthly sub for it.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

I gave in and restarted my account and really enjoyed the new Mists area and left around lvl 12. I would say give it a month and its worth the sub and game.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by halflife25

Who the hell was predicting this whole mass exodus thing? GW2 is B2P so it is quite posible to play both games at same time.

^ This

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by expresso

launch day results are not in yet guys, it's the results released today that will show us lunch day stats, what we do know is that GW2 was riding high on 80,000 hours just a few weeks back its down to 35,000 hours now... some amoung the xfire community it's plummeted very quickly.

Now unfortunatly the GW2 fanboys cannot now dismiss xfire stats as they made such a fuss over them a few backs, more than a dozen posts in several forums saying how GW2 killed WoW based on xfire stats... they made their bed.

Yes I am playing GW2 so this is not a troll just an observation.

People also seem to forget that launch days/weeks draws a lot more hours than afterwards, it's only natural, a new big game or x-pac comes and people take days off from work and dedicades the whole few first days or even a week(s) for the game, untill settling back to the normal rhythm. Different story would be accurate player numbers of active players, not the hours played.

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Originally posted by Karteli

I don't care for those types of questions.

I used to like WoW, but I hate what it has become.  GW2 is just a mild MMO with no particular social interactions to keep me coming back.

I'd rather play STAR-WARS-MMO_03, but it hasn't come out yet.  Version _02 blows chunks..  I'm MMO-less, I guess.

This sums up my feelings perfectly. =(

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337

I just cant see some one playing both games on a launch day. Why would you? Unless the expansion sucked and you realized once your lil panda was out of the starting place you once again had to do the same grind to 85 THEN a new grind to 90. I mean, thats the only reason I could think of anyone just shutting down MoP and then firing up GW2.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Completly agree.

GW2 is designed as a game you can hop in and out of at no monthly cost to yourself. Currently playing this, along with Rift (and looking forward to that expac). Will continue to play both.

As far as expac orders or player numbers for MoP - pfft. People quote figures but how many of these include the complete global userbase - particularly the far east, which this expac leans toward?

WoW more popular in the far east than in the west? May probably come to that, or may already be here. For Blizzard it's all income no matter the shape of the currency.

• bone12bone12 Member Posts: 31
    u post about Wow in a Guild wars 2 Sub forum... Wow is crap and far to easy to get levels already after 1 day lots of people are level 90.. which sucks. gw2 pwn wow in so many ways..
This discussion has been closed.