Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Name, racial and visual changes?

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
Any idea when name, racial and visual changes will become available through the gemshop?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• KungFuPanda2012KungFuPanda2012 Member Posts: 28
    Who says this will even happen?
  • Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Any idea when name, racial and visual changes will become available through the gemshop?

Ide pay for a race change

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    I'd pay for a race change too but imo, they wont implement this for a long, long time.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    I highly doubt you'll be able to change your race in the near future. Your Personal Story, racial items and skills depend on it, so making such a mechanic would be a hard process and not worth it at this stage of the game's development.
  • TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by Scalpless
    I highly doubt you'll be able to change your race in the near future. Your Personal Story, racial items and skills depend on it, so making such a mechanic would be a hard process and not worth it at this stage of the game's development.

dont underestimate the power of money

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    I wouldn't be surprised if they added a way to change your name and your appearance. But, as already mentioned, your race is tied into your personal story so I don't know how they could change the one without totally messing up the other.
  • Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    I highly doubt you will be able to change race as it is bound with personal story. Only character appearance and perhaps gender could be available for change. GW1 has this.
  • Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381

The personal stories have the same stages, regardless which you choose. The storylines may differ but as far as the levels and number of stages they are all the same.

So if you were on a level 44 Charr storyline and race changed to human it wouldnt be hard (you would have just missed the actual storyline but many of us skip it anyway)...

they bring you to the character creation screen and allow you to select your new race and personalize your new looks. During this process you get to make the personal story selections for your new race. They autocomplete the personal story (obviosly without additional rewards) to the stage you were at with your previous race.

Bazinga, theres the race changer in the gem shop. Obviously this would not include a name change, that would be a seperate purchase  in itself.

Sounds easy enough to me.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Preacher26

The personal stories have the same stages, regardless which you choose. The storylines may differ but as far as the levels and number of stages they are all the same.

So if you were on a level 44 Charr storyline and race changed to human it wouldnt be hard (you would have just missed the actual storyline but many of us skip it anyway)...

they bring you to the character creation screen and allow you to select your new race and personalize your new looks. During this process you get to make the personal story selections for your new race. They autocomplete the personal story (obviosly without additional rewards) to the stage you were at with your previous race.

Bazinga, theres the race changer in the gem shop. Obviously this would not include a name change, that would be a seperate purchase  in itself.

There will be no way to change your race in game. You had too many questions to answer and each PS is tied to your race. You would almost have to redo the whole story in order to change your race.

It is NOT EASY.

• GMan33GMan33 Member UncommonPosts: 79
    A dev has already confirmed a name change in the gem store will be coming the future.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Originally posted by botrytis

There will be no way to change your race in game. You had too many questions to answer and each PS is tied to your race. You would almost have to redo the whole story in order to change your race.

It is NOT EASY.

I'd be fine that if I changed my race my entire story would restart....  Would allow you to see other paths you didn't see before with the same character too.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by maskedweasel
    Originally posted by botrytis

It is NOT EASY.

I'd be fine that if I changed my race my entire story would restart....  Would allow you to see other paths you didn't see before with the same character too.

This seems like a great idea...

Could also happen on a visual change...

Or on a name change if people choose to....

It would more or less work like a memmory whipe. still i doubt they will ever allow race changes, but i do hope they will allow name changes, i tend to get bored with the names i choose.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)