Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert: Sandbox/Themepark Hybrid, Looks Amazing!!

SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

Found this game from an article on sandboxer.org, promising from the sounds of it and well the graphics are superb. 

Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNtB5DoJ6OI

Comments

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983

Looks as fantastic as Final Fantasy 14's trailer did.  I have the FFXIV box sitting right next to me now, collecting dust, because I cannot, even with an upgraded graphics card, run a game with that good of graphics on my PC.  Hurray for Black Desert and the few rich people who will get to play it with their hyped up four fan super computers.  I just want decent graphics and GREAT gameplay.  I hope Pearl Abyss is not biting off more than they can chew like Square Enix did.

I can tell from a quarter mile away this game's biggest complaint is going to be laggggg.

• MurdusMurdus Member UncommonPosts: 698

Wow holy crap! That was an amazing trailer. Really great character models and detail. Awesome monsters. I am very excited to see this game being developed. Time to read for three hours about every little detail.

Thanks for showing me this.

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal

Looks as fantastic as Final Fantasy 14's trailer did.  I have the FFXIV box sitting right next to me now, collecting dust, because I cannot, even with an upgraded graphics card, run a game with that good of graphics on my PC.  Hurray for Black Desert and the few rich people who will get to play it with their hyped up four fan super computers.  I just want decent graphics and GREAT gameplay.  I hope Pearl Abyss is not biting off more than they can chew like Square Enix did.

I can tell from a quarter mile away this game's biggest complaint is going to be laggggg.

well.. it says closed beta in 2013..which means a 2015 or 2016 release in korea..2017 for NA if ever...

well be into series 8 or better nvidia products, so i think youll be ok even if you had a lowly GTX 680 at that time. 

it does look pretty good, but you are correct, its the gameplay that counts the most.

• The_FranchiseThe_Franchise Member Posts: 8
    If it's graphically intensive it won't become popular.  Also I've seen trailers like this before for gpotato games and we all know how great those are.
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Considering it won't to west sooner than 2014-2015 I think there is not much to worry about hardware requirement.
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal

You cannot run FFXIV  not because graphics are so good.  It is because SE fucked up FFXIV engine. 

They are changing it though, so with new engine if you can run let's say GW2 or TSW you will be able to run new FFXIV as well.

• IG-88IG-88 Member UncommonPosts: 143
    ANOTHER medieval setting MMO? Come on..
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by IG-88
    ANOTHER medieval setting MMO? Come on..

That's what I thought but at least it's not cartoon fantasy.  A more gritty realistic medieval setting would be ok IMO, just not cartoon.

• StinkFootStinkFoot Member Posts: 25

Black Dessert runs on it's own game-engine invented by the company. I like the ability of the horse-drifting that adds a twilight-princess/ Assassin's Creed touch to the game.

As long as it doesn't become another empty mmo with just graphics orluke-warm combat for it's appeal, or the typical tatics used to gorge Internet Cafe Hours then Black Desert will do fine.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Originally posted by The_Franchise
    If it's graphically intensive it won't become popular.  Also I've seen trailers like this before for gpotato games and we all know how great those are.

True, but the difference between those crappy games and this is a simple word called sandbox.  Read a bit into the game, i think youll be surprised what they are doing.

As for the release date, yeah could turn into a long..drawn out release for use NA players.  But ill still be following it.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

I feel like i've seen some of those exact same animations/combat style from another games trailer...C9 maybe? I can't remember, but it looks really familiar.

Anyways the game looks pretty, but so did Mortal Online. Release isn't anytime soon I imagine, but hopefully they take the time to actually polish their game as much as possible before it comes out. That seems to have been the major downfall of most recent sandbox/sandpark games.

Here is another gameplay video, and a link to an article abotu the housing system,

And yes im excited about this game.

Gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNtB5DoJ6OI

Housing:

http://sandboxer.org/?p=1478

The one thing about the housing system that bothers me is the bidding at an auction house for them, i mean..that spells trouble all over it.  I mean goldfarmers will control the housing market and it will be a disaster.

Originally posted by Wolfenpride

I feel like i've seen some of those exact same animations/combat style from another games trailer...C9 maybe? I can't remember, but it looks really familiar.

Anyways the game looks pretty, but so did Mortal Online. Release isn't anytime soon I imagine, but hopefully they take the time to actually polish their game as much as possible before it comes out. That seems to have been the major downfall of most recent sandbox/sandpark games.

I think the big difference between MO and Black Desert will be the amount of people working on the game, MO was a handful of people just like Darkfall.  Black Desert much like Arche Age has a good size team.

But imo i would rather seem more games liek this come out than any more games like GW or SWTOR.

• LeoghanLeoghan Member Posts: 607
    Looks beautiful, I get a nagging reminder of the Vanguard Saga of Heroes flyby I was shown at E3 before their beta, sadly the game itself didn't live up. I'll admit a bias against most Asian produced MMO's there just seems to be something lost in translation, but who knows only time will tell. 
  • KaspanovaKaspanova Member UncommonPosts: 61

Can't really complain about a beautiful game not running on your system... come on, that is not anyones fault but yours. In saying that, its a PC title, it won't only run in Ultra, there will be scalable options, as with everything else, I shouldn't have to remind you ;)

This does look amazing, really does. But so far away, its almost not fair. Thankfully there are equally fantastic looking games coming out sooner. Like Otherland.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride

Actually the founder of the company creating it was the director of C9, but he left that company (NHN Games) and started his own Pearl Abyss. So you're likely to see some influence from C9 in this game as well.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    This is my first time seeing this game and I think it looks very impressive. Reminds me of ArcheAge but with better combat and character models.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Why do you people keep insisting this is a sandbox... I don't consider this a sandbox at all! You cannot in any way change the landscape, through even building houses. You get housing by bidding on buildings that already exist in cities created by the developers... ArcheAge can be considered a sandbox. This cannot.

Smile

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Why do you people keep insisting this is a sandbox... I don't consider this a sandbox at all! You cannot in any way change the landscape, through even building houses. You get housing by bidding on buildings that already exist in cities created by the developers... ArcheAge can be considered a sandbox. This cannot.

Funny. I wasnt aware the only determining factor on if something is a sandbox game or not is where you can build a house.

Then again, we have Darkfall. Cant build houses wherever you want. You buy deeds to already existing houses.

EVE. You dont even have houses.

• rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725
    Archeage never said they were sandbox. Id comment further but it would derail the thread into another what is a sandbox tiffle.
  • WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Outside of the lovely characters I'm not that impressed.
  • aaron2luv1aaron2luv1 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I'm looking forward to this  and Blade and Soul.
    Originally posted by rounner
    Archeage never said they were sandbox. Id comment further but it would derail the thread into another what is a sandbox tiffle.

Aye it is themepark with sandbox elements. Themebox / sandpark blabla  Still going to play it propably as it is still much better than limited themeparks but if someone expect another UO / SWG  from ArcheAge - then will be disappointed. 

Anyway Black Desert looks great as well - this and AA are only mmropg 's on the horizon that have chance to make me play mmorpg's again.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

It does look quite good.The onnly thing that bummed me out was the combat animations looked Korean,which is always way too fast,looking chessey and more like arcade than realism.

I notice it has a JPN publishing deal,VERY odd,Korea is a giant for gaming why look to a JPN publisher?

Climbing ...good,Aoc also had some.good idea.

Jumping to grab onto ...interesting .

pvp is optional....good

combat animations looke typical Korean  arcade/cheesy...not so good.

Horse drifting?,i think i caught a glimpse of it,where a player stands up on the back of a horse sideways,suppose to have some sort of combat revovle  around it.They said it was inspired by red dead redemption.

Will be  a long time before any of us play this legally,like earliest would be end of 2013.

I think it is definitely worth watching ,if it has any merit,it will make it's way over here.

I started surfing Steparu.com there seems to be tons of foreign MMO's coming.The problem is everyone of them the combat looks cheesy/arcade way too fast.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374

Action combat system with sandbox elemetns ..

very interesting.