Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.3 / 10 on Metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria/user-reviews?sort-by=date&num_items=100

Just thought I would share.

A 3.3 seems a little high.  I am pretty angry about spending $40 on MoP!

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

It hasnt even been out a day lol..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• EazydzzzEazydzzz Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by Nitth

It hasnt even been out a day lol..

That could be why the score is so high.  A lot of the people giving it 10s probably didn't play beta.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    We'll see. I don't give much credit to this... since the game came out today.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Ren128Ren128 Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Originally posted by Eazydzzz

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria/user-reviews?sort-by=date&num_items=100

Seems like most scores are either very low (0-2) or very high (8-10) with hardly anything in-between, meaning MoP polarised people. 

It will be intresting to see sales and sub figures for this.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Metacritic user scores are garbage. No way does a game deserve a 0. Which if you look, you see a majority of the negative reviews are 0. Most of them are saying it's a kids game and are mad about some change they made to the game. Which even then a change to a system that they didn't like doesn't auto make a score 0. It isn't worth it to even look at this, considering trolls and people who are upset about a gameplay change are going to just try to lower the score by any means possible.
  • SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I know why it is so low, a lot of angery players who couldn't get onto a gyrocopter. Why Blizzard decided to make the first quest inpossible to run with more than a dozen or so players is beyond me, total failure on thier part.

Once the dust settles and the mad rush to be world first is over, I'm sure it will score higher, but last night was a disaster for anyone not interested in rerolling a new monk toon.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Gw2 fanboys making alt accounts and bash wow. Then proclaim on their main account that they "never troll other game forums". Happened yesterday a couple times and at least once again today...

You have all the answers.  Should I kneel??

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Foomerang Gw2 fanboys making alt accounts and bash wow. Then proclaim on their main account that they "never troll other game forums". Happened yesterday a couple times and at least once again today...
    You have all the answers.  Should I kneel??

Probably ;)
  • NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Haven't checked how things have worked out in the US, but here in EU the release was absolutely horrible, and is stil not fixed, 27 hours after MoP went live here.

1. Lots of players (including myself) can't/couldn't even log in.

2. The 90% issue: after logging in (for those who could), most got stuck when trying to enter the game world. The loading bar simply stopped at around 90% and never continued.

3. Queues: players on high pop servers are stuck in queues with several hours estimated wait time.

4. Some servers have their own issues. Blizzard took down Outland server, because of technical issues. Dunno if it's up or not now.

5. Frequent DCs. VERY bad for those who have the queues too.

6. Horrible lag spikes. It can take up to a minute before the game catches up with your movements. Yes, it's that bad.

7. Account issues: many reports about buying MoP, and being charged, but the account doesn't upgrade.

etc.

It's not long since Blizzard f*** up a relase last time (D3), but they didn't learn shit from it, it seems. It's just as bad this time.

No wonder the low metacritic score. Those scores usually takes a dive when a release has issues.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Blizzard pissed all over it's loyal fanbase when it merged with Activision sometime ago.

Cataclysm was just a cheap expansion aimed at attracting younger players, while somehow trying retaining older veterans.  It really missed the mark with retaining veterans, and the end result is mostly people that play WoW but don't really want to get involved too much.  Some veterans + new younger gamers.  EPIX EVERYWHERE YAY FOR WOW!

Losing a slew of hardcore + addicts cost this game dearly with the lackluster expansion known as Cataclysm.  Want a dungeon like BRS, LBRS/UBRS?  Want a raid locale like MC, Karazan, Ulduarr?  Keep looking, the original devs for these places either quit or are working on Titan, leaving the "B" team to do WoW (since mid WotLK).

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• drakes821drakes821 Member UncommonPosts: 535

Almost any big mainstream AAA game that is released will get panned on Metacritic on the first couple of days for some reason.

My theory is all the people who actually bought the game are playing it while only childish trolls pop on there and post their horrible scores for something they don't play.

Give it a month and the score will more acurately represent the quality of the game.

And I don't like or dislike WoW, I've never really played it, this opinion is just based off of watching mulitple metacritic scores at launch.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376
    Originally posted by drakes821

Almost any big mainstream AAA game that is released will get panned on Metacritic on the first couple of days for some reason.

My theory is all the people who actually bought the game are playing it while only childish trolls pop on there and post their horrible scores for something they don't play.

Give it a month and the score will more acurately represent the quality of the game.

And I don't like or dislike WoW, I've never really played it, this opinion is just based off of watching mulitple metacritic scores at launch.

Actually thats something I never observed.

What I observed is a lot of low scores if the game has game-breaking or technical flaws at launch.

The last AAA games released in the last two months had green user reviews from the go, even the MMOs.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    3.3 eh?  So does that bring up WOW's overall score?
  • ElSandmanElSandman Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by CristianCeo
    Originally posted by Netspook

3. Queues: players on high pop servers are stuck in queues with several hours estimated wait time.

And they were saying Anet did a horrid job by adding overflow servers :>

Not sure if anyone said the idea was bad, (because it wasn't, it was a good idea), but certainly there were a lot of issues with the execution.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    I dont even play WoW anymore but people will hate on it just because it is WoW.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by DSWBeef
    I dont even play WoW anymore but people will hate on it just because it is WoW.

true although around here it's more like it will be hated on because it's an MMO that is not AC, DAOC, EQ1, UO, EVE or pre-nge SWG..  

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• VPgearchinVPgearchin Member Posts: 168
    Originally posted by Eazydzzz

Metacritic isnt the end all be all, play the game if you want. WOW has had great production value, it's the main reason its so big, i would give the game overall a 9.5/10 no matter the expac.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Speaking strictly from experiences on the Beta, this is one of the best expansions that has ever come for World of Warcraft (and since it may be questioned, since open beta in WoW).  Though with the amount of people who have some childish hatred for this game (or any game in general) it is not surprising that people will give it a zero when it hasn't even been released for more than a day.  If meta critic only allowed players who actually owned games to review them, I'd say that most user reviews on every game would be vastly different.  

Gamers today have, as a whole, lost the ability of distinct between games or give unbias opinions.  The amount of trashing other MMOs that aren't WoW is a disgrace, and so is the retort and hatred of bashing WoW as a sort of revenge or simply because it is human nature to dislike something popular that you are not a part of.

The only thing that I am not a fan of so far is the queue.  It seems that everyone is playing this expansion, and I've been in line for almost an hour; being on multiple realms, this is also a problem since I can't log into the characters that I want.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • drakes821drakes821 Member UncommonPosts: 535
    Originally posted by AdamTM

What I observed is a lot of low scores if the game has game-breaking or technical flaws at launch.

The last AAA games released in the last two months had green user reviews from the go, even the MMOs.

I suppose it's hard to communicate but I was refering to AAA games that have a lot of hate centered around them.

For example CoD was smashed on metecritic at launch just because so many people seem to hate the series, WoW is the same way in the MMO world to an extent, a lot of haters for no real reason.

I do agree though games with glitches at launch do get panned as well, at least that's what happened to Diablo 3 at launch.

• DemandmanDemandman Member Posts: 57
    In before 8.5-9 average score from integrity stripped game reviewers.
    Originally posted by AdamTM

I suppose it's hard to communicate but I was refering to AAA games that have a lot of hate centered around them.

For example CoD was smashed on metecritic at launch just because so many people seem to hate the series, WoW is the same way in the MMO world to an extent, a lot of haters for no real reason.

I do agree though games with glitches at launch do get panned as well, at least that's what happened to Diablo 3 at launch.

This is very true, and it's frustrating.  Nothing that can be done about it, but it just makes you question the person in general when they feel the need to do it.  Perhaps it is common, and the people who realize that it's happening are the exclusion and have some thread of wisdom to not partake in the same folly.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I'm not sure why people are rating it already, maybe they played the beta.. maybe not.  But some of these negative reviews are bashing the game because of network issues and load times.  I didn't agree with giving GW2 a lower score because of those things, and I don't agree with giving MoP a lower score because of those things.  Still, let's face it... Metacritic is even more useless in this case, pretty much anyone who was going to buy this is never going to read that site or make their decisions based on its reviews...
    Originally posted by Demandman

Genuinely liking a game and reviewing it as it should be reviewed does not make for a poor professional critic.  Though the one critic that already posted is just as bad as all the "zeros" who haven't even bought the game or are giving it reviews because they have networking problems.

• DemandmanDemandman Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk
    Originally posted by Demandman

Genuinely liking a game and reviewing it as it should be reviewed does not make for a poor professional critic.  Though the one critic that already posted is just as bad as all the "zeros" who haven't even bought the game or are giving it reviews because they have networking problems.

Every single AAA game receives conveniently positive ratings.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

Ill admit people just bash wow on here and metacrit who never play the game, There is a reason wows meta crit score is low but it has way mroe subs then any other game out there, 

Its not because its mainstream or any of that, I have fun in it, its why i play if i dont have fun im not gonna play a game period. 

That said the one issue i did have was the gyrocopter that is the dumbest opening quest ever, Really they should of thought that one out more, i couldnt see anything except other copters, 

So i logged for 30 mins got a panda to level 5 came back and everyone had cleared out enough to do the quest, 

Mop at least on my server bt is duing just as well as cata, People even who didn't buy mop are loving playing the panda and the players in game seem generally happy so far so take that for what it is, 

In the us i have had 0 issues, I got booted once but its cause my net went out not because of wow. 

This discussion has been closed.