Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Map Comparisons - Very cool web page

Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

So, a friend and LS-mate of mine just shared this link with me. I found it quite cool to check out and thought I'd post it here for those who are also curious about how the new zone maps will relate to the current ones.

On this page, there's an overlap of the current maps for each zone with the new 2.0 maps. Using a slider, you can fade between them to see how they line up. It's actually quite awesome to see how SE has transformed the areas. Lakes have dried up, previously sunken ruins have been uncovered, etc...

Check it out!

Comments

• shal.ffxishal.ffxi Member Posts: 115
    Thank you! Very good find.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Pretty cool how they made it from old outlines. Can't wait for 2.0.
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Draron
    Pretty cool how they made it from old outlines. Can't wait for 2.0.

Yeah  I really dig that, too. Until I saw them lined up like that, it didn't even occur to me that they'd done that.

• PresbytierPresbytier Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Absolutely amazing. To think they did all this work in just around two years just makes me wonder what really hapened the first time through.

"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Pretty cool stuff. Can't wait till 3.0!

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Is it the same maps with content in? That would be lame as it still looks confined and linear.
  • DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by tixylix
    Is it the same maps with content in? That would be lame as it still looks confined and linear.

The maps in FFXIV aren't linear besides Black Shroud, which is still the same size it looks like but all the narrow pathways removed and opened up the zone a lot.