Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

See-ya trinity....see-ya grouping...

Comments

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Originally posted by eggy08
    Originally posted by Rokurgepta
    Originally posted by
    People like you are antisocial not the game itself. You are blaming the game for a people problem instead of the people.

Are you kidding me? Are you seriously this warped?

You're saying its MY FAULT that people aren't using the local chat channel to talk to people right next to them? I'm antosocial for trying to group with people? I.. I can't fathom this level of delusion.

You got map chat to talk, you got party chat to talk, you got guild chat to talk. Why bother talking in /say when people are going to be moving about constantly and holding a conversation with them would require you to run around and follow them, when instead you can whisper them. /say isn't used in any game, you're out of your mind if you think this.

/say is, and always was, the chat channel to talk to people standing next to you. It's how you work with people in your immediate area. It's what makes people seem, you know, like people.

You say "durrder derp just use /map" that doesn't change the fact that nobody in your immediate area are grouping or talking. Just faceless names spouting nonsense in /map. No REAL socializing.

Why do you come here to start fights and insult people? /map is not full of nonsense at all. Saying that makes me think you really dont play. /map is full of people grouping for content and discussing the game about 95% of the time from what I have seen. I cant take your nonsense seriously when it goes against all that I see in game when I play.

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    Originally posted by eggy08
    Originally posted by
    People like you are antisocial not the game itself. You are blaming the game for a people problem instead of the people.

Are you kidding me? Are you seriously this warped?

You're saying its MY FAULT that people aren't using the local chat channel to talk to people right next to them? I'm antosocial for trying to group with people? I.. I can't fathom this level of delusion.

You got map chat to talk, you got party chat to talk, you got guild chat to talk. Why bother talking in /say when people are going to be moving about constantly and holding a conversation with them would require you to run around and follow them, when instead you can whisper them. /say isn't used in any game, you're out of your mind if you think this.

/say is, and always was, the chat channel to talk to people standing next to you. It's how you work with people in your immediate area. It's what makes people seem, you know, like people.

You say "durrder derp just use /map" that doesn't change the fact that nobody in your immediate area are grouping or talking. Just faceless names spouting nonsense in /map. No REAL socializing.

I don't, nor do I ever care to use /say, nor is it the "chat channel" you claim it to be. If you do, then I can go into any game and have /say as the only channel I'm looking at and it will be practically empty. If I want to talk to someone in the area, I usually whisper them, only using /say when there is more than 1 and I'm lazy.[mod edit]

• gandlesgandles Member UncommonPosts: 84
    If you dont like it, stop playing it, bottom line... Others enjoy it and everyone will whine about some aspect of any game thats released no matter how good or badly its put together. I like it^^, as do many, many others
  • SteeJanzSteeJanz Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Originally posted by Zeppelin4
    Originally posted by SteeJanz

Snip

Nice write up. Just thought I would bump it since you spent the time to post it. 

:)  It's no biggie, I am used to people ignoring what I say. 

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Thank you for proving my point better than any logical argument ever could.

People aren't grouping or socializing. That is what this whole argument has been about.

People around you feel like bots rather than people. There's a huge difference between standing next to someone and actually conversing with them, don't you think?

no they don't also what themepark MMO have you NEEDED to converse to complete basic group content ? Even dungeons in 90% of themeparks you don't need to say a word since everyone knows their role and does it.. GW2 at least basic dungeons require a little coordination

And those are all bad things.

Saying "GW2 isn't any worse than these horrible games, so it gets a free pass!" seems like the last act of a desperate person to defend their game.

Isnt it your game too?

[mod edit]

When your personal experience in game is so different from mine it does sound made up. You make claims about /map that are not true when I play or on my server from what I see. So do you really expect me to believe that? Instead of a debate you immediately call people fanboys, and wonder why no one then takes you seriously?

[mod edit]

Youre bringing up people offering no concrete ideas and things that have no bearing on the subject, yet every legitimate response to you telling you how wrong you are along with a perfectly good reasonf or it met with "That doesnt count. Youre wrong".

Nobody here has been playing fanboy. Many people have given you plenty of solid stuff, youre just so hard up for an argument and so desperate to be right that no matter what anyone tells you ever, theyre going to be wrong according to you.

[mod edit]

• SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178

My feelings are similar to OPs;

I refuse to play multiplayer games where you have no need to interact with anybody. If I can't either kill/steal from/grief or heal/protect/help others, and my actions aren't crucial to other people gaming experience, than I don't see any point in playing multiplayer games at all, especially multiplayer RPGs.

Originally posted by SimonVDH

I refuse to play multiplayer games where you have no need to interact with anybody. If I can't either kill/steal from/grief or heal/protect/help others, and my actions aren't crucial to other people gaming experience, than I don't see any point in playing multiplayer games at all, especially multiplayer RPGs.

I can heal/protect and help others in GW2. I cant kill steal or grief them. That is probably why you would not like this game since helping was not your first choice but kill stealing and griefing were.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Ok so then GW2 isn't your game.  Glad to have helped you there.

I see plenty of point in playing GW2.  It can be very social, if you play it that way.  If you play it like a SPRPG, it will feel just like that.  Or you can mix the styles, that's what I tend to do.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• SteeJanzSteeJanz Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Originally posted by Lathial
    Originally posted by SteeJanz

Snip

I think your post is well thought out and informative so ill bump it.   However, if you boil everything down you just said it matches my original post in that you need dps/support and thats it to group in this game.  Your "soft trinity" is just a glorified way of saying dps / support.  It may be intereresting/ fun/ complicated / whatever- its still just dps/ support.  

bosses are sorta-blitz-kited (controlled)...dps'd.  Thats not any better or more interesting that tanked and spanked IMO 

Lath

Your original post/ title gives the impression that the trinity doesn't exist in GW2.  That isn't true.  It sounded to me like you are were trying to get to your second point using an incorrect statement.   I didn't coin "soft trinity", so it isn't mine.  I believe Arenanet used it to describe group play in dungeons.    Your original statement also made referrence to going back to other games that play exactly the same way so your original statement doesn't hold much weight.  Your bascially saying that I am not forced to group with other's so that we can share loot/get loot because that is the only difference between those other games and GW2.  I run with friends and we group because we want to nothing more or less.  The fact that we had to group in other games to share loot doesn't make it anymore social in those games.  We grouped because we were friends.

YOur statement on Boss zergs is also misleading.  If the group wipes, then the boss reset's like holy trinity dungeons.  The only way the zerg is possible  is if their is a rez close or if someone prolongs the fight.   Not all bosses can be zerged.  It situational. 

Battles close to a rez can be zerged, the only reason it isn't done in a Holy Trinity dungeon is because players are locked out of the fight, If players are not locked out, they do the same rez and run back just like in GW2.

In the other scenario, someone is prolonging the fight long enough for people to get back, so if that person can do that, why are people being defeated?

It would be one thing if you said that "MMO's now a days just don't provide enough reasons to group"  but to act as if GW2 is different from the other games you described doesn't make much sense to the rest of us.

I agree that I don't find myself having more fun in GW2 dungeons then I did in WOW dungeons, but I wouldn't say I am having less fun either. 

• LathialLathial Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Originally posted by evolver1972

I see plenty of point in playing GW2.  It can be very social, if you play it that way.  If you play it like a SPRPG, it will feel just like that.  Or you can mix the styles, that's what I tend to do.

Another-  "you're playing it wrong" / "learn to play" and "if you dont like it leave" posts... this is old people!  

Another-  "you're playing it wrong" / "learn to play" and "if you dont like it leave" posts... this is old people!  

You need to read the post by Simon. He clearly said he will not play multiplayer games at all, especially RPG. So he is not playing it wrong, he is not playing it at all. Your post comes across as someone who did not read the quoted post before jumping to a conclusion. Simon wants a game he can kill steal and grief in. Obviously GW2 would not be for him would it?

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Oh?  Where did I say "you're playing it wrong"?  Where did I say "if you don't like it, leave"?

I merely pointed out that based on his statement, the game isn't for him.  I also pointed out there are different ways to play it and playing it those ways will make it feel certain ways.

Nice try, though.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• LytheEmberLytheEmber Member UncommonPosts: 43

Anyone else notice how Lathial disappears from this thread and then this DavisFlight appears with an account created today?  And then Davis disappears only to have Lathial reemerge!  What an oddity!  And the other thread that Davis has repeatedly posted in is <GASP> a thread about not grouping in GW2!  Such coincidences cannot be possible.

Eggy and others, let's just stop responding to this thread shall we?  It's clear it only exists for the sake of existing.  There's no headway to be made here, no fruitful outcome to bashing your head against a wall that does not even exist because the author has no real vested interest in the views of others OR the solutions they present.

I gotta go be social with no one in GW2 now.  See ya!

• LathialLathial Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Originally posted by LytheEmber

Anyone else notice how Lathial disappears from this thread and then this DavisFlight appears with an account created today?  And then Davis disappears only to have Lathial reemerge!  What an oddity!  And the other thread that Davis has repeatedly posted in is a thread about not grouping in GW2!  Such coincidences cannot be possible.

Eggy and others, let's just stop responding to this thread shall we?  It's clear it only exists for the sake of existing.  There's no headway to be made here, no fruitful outcome to bashing your head against a wall that does not even exist because the author has no real vested interest in the views of others OR the solutions they present.

I gotta go be social with no one in GW2 now.  See ya!

Im not responding anymore to this posting because ive been warned by the mod for trolling- And I created this thread.  Shoot ive been a member since 2004 and never been warned and if you look at my history you will see ive never commented on GW2 until the last few days- cause I been playing it since release.

Unfortunatly, it seems you cannot talk about issues with this game without being called a troll.   I started this post because I thought there was some ligit issues with the game that I could bring up.  But Lythe you have shown your true colors by trying to call me out as a cheat or some fake who would make another account just to be a jerk.  

I have always tried to be respectful on these forums and in life so I have no idea who this Davis gent is and I acually dont agree with all his views... But thats not the point.  In the end it does not matter, its just a forum lol.  But, next time you call someone out without proof or make up stuff without any respect for that person or views...well shame on you.

Lath

• rivetman13rivetman13 Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by redman875

GW2 tried to get rid of the trinity...unfortunately what they got rid of was grouping. My first character I tried to make a support role and none of them are set up to be support.  Just plain DPS and your own heal works better in world and dungeons.

This is a solo game with a-sorta-blitz-kiteing-group content.  And, the 'Events' get old just like rifts did.  World events get old really fast- how could we have fallen for this again?  I mean there is no different between rifts in Rift and events in GW2.

It’s really a bummer cause I like the game and the pace of combat.  However, I have 8 toons, one of each class and, most of them post 40, and I have never talked to anyone in the game.  I don’t even really remember any person’s name that I have seen or grouped with for dungeons. Its interesting cause this is the first game that I have not joined a guild / group of people and had tons of fun.  Its like im playing a single player game with some goofy AI named "deesnutz" and "drizzt" who will occasionally join me for a veteran or champion kill.  

I like playing the game and I like the world its unfortunate that the PvE game is just a single player game.

Honestly, everyday I think about going back to TSW, EQ2, WoW, Rift, or something where you play with other people- I may not make it a month.  It’s too bad.  I have a feeling - and from reading all the new comments from these and other boards- the complaints are starting to roll in and the "fan-boys" are starting to feel it too- that after a month or two this game will end up in the same boat as The Secret World: After a month everyone will be done with the game- and move to something else.

Lath

You guys keep falling for the hyper, over and over and over again. Been happening since AoC.

People over hype a game based on developer info and playing the starting areas in beta.

Marketing department just has to keep dropping silly buzzwords like "revolutionary" "innovative" "game-changing" and people get all giddy and try to force their limited experience in beta to conform to make it true.

Then after launch, after the honeymoon period ends, it becomes a problem with you not the game, that your not enjoying it.  "You sound like your just burned out on mmorpgs in general" "your just not playing the game right" "you cant play this game like wow you noob" ect

Its funny that people did think that the makers of a shallow co-op mmo would make a sequil that was deep and meaningfull.  They were very smart to make the game f2p witha box sale, game would be in serious trouble if they had a sub.  And the games going to be in trouble if they try to sell another box.  Im guess this game goes full f2p no box, cash shop dependant shortly.

Best bet is that when i game get ridiculous hype, and it becomes obvious when you look for it, to just avoid it.  When fans go into every other game subforum bash the game and tout their game as the next big thing...you know its reached that level.

Its sad to see how easily people will beilieve thing they want, no matter how realistic it is.  Marketing departments have become that good or people have become gullible and willing to belive anything they are told, so long as it makes them feel good to belive it....makes you wonder about other more serious issues and how people get manipulated.

*its alsways good to see someone who finally gets it, perhaps enough peoples eyes become open the less we will see cheap reskins and shallow mmo's and start seeing more deep MMORPGs like the old days.

wow, nailed it. I'm using a friends info to try the game haha. No way in hell I would pay for a GW game, after playing the first game I have zero faith in this game. Besides the fact that ncsoft is the worst MMO company in the market.

Originally posted by rivetman13
    Originally posted by redman875

GW2 tried to get rid of the trinity...unfortunately what they got rid of was grouping. My first character I tried to make a support role and none of them are set up to be support.  Just plain DPS and your own heal works better in world and dungeons.

This is a solo game with a-sorta-blitz-kiteing-group content.  And, the 'Events' get old just like rifts did.  World events get old really fast- how could we have fallen for this again?  I mean there is no different between rifts in Rift and events in GW2.

It’s really a bummer cause I like the game and the pace of combat.  However, I have 8 toons, one of each class and, most of them post 40, and I have never talked to anyone in the game.  I don’t even really remember any person’s name that I have seen or grouped with for dungeons. Its interesting cause this is the first game that I have not joined a guild / group of people and had tons of fun.  Its like im playing a single player game with some goofy AI named "deesnutz" and "drizzt" who will occasionally join me for a veteran or champion kill.  

I like playing the game and I like the world its unfortunate that the PvE game is just a single player game.

Honestly, everyday I think about going back to TSW, EQ2, WoW, Rift, or something where you play with other people- I may not make it a month.  It’s too bad.  I have a feeling - and from reading all the new comments from these and other boards- the complaints are starting to roll in and the "fan-boys" are starting to feel it too- that after a month or two this game will end up in the same boat as The Secret World: After a month everyone will be done with the game- and move to something else.

Lath

You guys keep falling for the hyper, over and over and over again. Been happening since AoC.

People over hype a game based on developer info and playing the starting areas in beta.

Marketing department just has to keep dropping silly buzzwords like "revolutionary" "innovative" "game-changing" and people get all giddy and try to force their limited experience in beta to conform to make it true.

Then after launch, after the honeymoon period ends, it becomes a problem with you not the game, that your not enjoying it.  "You sound like your just burned out on mmorpgs in general" "your just not playing the game right" "you cant play this game like wow you noob" ect

Its funny that people did think that the makers of a shallow co-op mmo would make a sequil that was deep and meaningfull.  They were very smart to make the game f2p witha box sale, game would be in serious trouble if they had a sub.  And the games going to be in trouble if they try to sell another box.  Im guess this game goes full f2p no box, cash shop dependant shortly.

Best bet is that when i game get ridiculous hype, and it becomes obvious when you look for it, to just avoid it.  When fans go into every other game subforum bash the game and tout their game as the next big thing...you know its reached that level.

Its sad to see how easily people will beilieve thing they want, no matter how realistic it is.  Marketing departments have become that good or people have become gullible and willing to belive anything they are told, so long as it makes them feel good to belive it....makes you wonder about other more serious issues and how people get manipulated.

*its alsways good to see someone who finally gets it, perhaps enough peoples eyes become open the less we will see cheap reskins and shallow mmo's and start seeing more deep MMORPGs like the old days.

wow, nailed it. I'm using a friends info to try the game haha. No way in hell I would pay for a GW game, after playing the first game I have zero faith in this game. Besides the fact that ncsoft is the worst MMO company in the market.

Odd I played the first GW and its the main reason I had enough faith to prepurchase GW2 without playing the beta.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Its like im playing a single player game with some goofy AI named "deesnutz" and "drizzt" who will occasionally join me for a veteran or champion kill.  

A friend of mine said something similar, that you might as well be playing with a bunch of NPC's and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Seems true of several recent games really as far as I can tell.

I had a feeling with the way this game was designed this kind of issue would come up, and is probably for the most part the reason i've avoided it, but I guess there are those people who want to be in a zerg without necessarily having to interact with anyone.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

I agree with op in all accounts. Only differences are: my 8 alts are only between 10 and 14 :-), I do not care nor for pvp nor for end game, I'm altholic enjoying only pve. There were times when enjoyed also pvp and engame, but no longer. Also comparision to Rifts is correct. Only benefit here is "invasions" will not kill for hours all quest givers if not enough players around. Also many events are initiated by players. All this makes them much better then rifts. I only wish in GW2 I could turn off spell effects. I got few times real headache after dozens of players have been pounding on same mob with zillion of spells. As i remember in Rift this was possible.

But for the rest I'm enjoying really a lot gw2, real blast. True, took detour now for MOP, but still logging in for short. For the first time I would prefer wow expansion release would be much later in time. :-) But gw2 is not being sub based so I'm kind'a forced to this. Not that I do not enjoy MOP of course.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Thorbrand
    You can enjoy the game solo but your topic is off. I think GW2 proved that there needs to be a trinity and there needs to be grouping. There is no socialization to the game outside Hi Thank you and have a good day. I hate playing solo even if I can play solo and given this game is all about soloing most people don't want to group and a lot of players are not doing dungeons becuase they find it to hard without roles in the party.

that's WAY more than I get in most themeparks these days.. at least GW2 has a system to bring people together and actually want to fight along side eachother in every quest. Lack of communication is soley on the person behind the keyboard.. sure you could make a game with tons of group only content but as long as there's a route you can take without much interaction a good number of people will go that route.. just how these games are these days

agree with that, i joined a party with randoms in WvWvW, and i was the only who was talking, ok maybe it was late at night, but from one point they didnt typed anything ..!

the problem is the with the users and not with the games, and SWtoR was great game but the online community sucks in general from what i see .

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Look, I actually feel pretty much the same way as the OP about GW2, and pretty much view this game as a single player game with some networkabilitiy I use to play with my wife and some rl friends. I think this game has some real socialization problems, that are probably insurmountable.

But why argue about it? Just play and have fun, if you don't have fun with it, move on. It seems pretty easy, I am not sure why this forum is so full of butt hurt people on both sides. There really is no "solution" to any "problem" in this case. The game is what it is, like, don't like it, play it, don't play it. Screaming until your are blue in the face will not change this.

I wonder if, in GW2's case, people are just let down because the hype was so huge. I did not expect much from this game, and as such was pleasantly surprised. I will not last much longer, I am level 32 now, and already can tell it will get old to me before 80. But I do not feel cheated, socializing or not.

• Medicated03Medicated03 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Originally posted by Pilnkplonk
    Originally posted by Pilnkplonk

balls to the OP

GW2 is a game without forced grouping, not without grouping per-se = if you cannot be outside the "group" of players running around your area, you are always forcefully "grouped" ......  hence the reason no one actually forms partys of random people running around because you are already in said "group" , call me stupid but i think that falls under forced grouping, you are always in a group with whoever is around you, you have no choice about grouping with joe butsmoker and his buddy grim asspipe because you are all in the same DE, seems awefully forced to me

Its also partly why people level so fast cause you can not take yourself out of that group and although events scale they dont  scale in a way that an event that would take you 4 mins in a party of 2 takes you 80 mins in a party of 20 it takes like 3 mins more.... this game is all about forced grouping, if you look at it from a different perspective it just takes out the looking part, only in dungeons do you need to activly look for people , till they add a better LFG tool, then you wont need to do it at all...

i wish people would stop trying to twist op's words, i know exactly how he feels, under normal circumstances you hit a hard part of your questline or an elite/boss and you need to find some people to kill it with, usually while roaming the world doing all these things one meets people and talks, yes i said talks to them to organise doing said quest chain/boss/etc through these experiences we then gauge the people and over time make friends/guildys and sort out the sht, something that many many many people are missing from GW2

not eveyrone brought friends with them, in fact most of my MMO playing friends wouldnt touch GW2 with a 40 foot pole but i followed it on and off for years and  wanted to try it so i came alone and felt exactly the way OP feels.

All Gw2 did in the end was give me a timekiller for some meaningless fun as it plays really well apart from the dungeons but i want more socially from MMO's ,for example,  the only part i enjoyed from my days in WoW was my tight nit group of 5 or 6 friends  that could entertain me for 10 hours straight on vent, while we did anything gtom running around farming mountsto raiding etc etc , in my 4 weeks or so of playing GW2 i didnt meet one person that i spoke to for more than 1 min or so even when trying to make conversation most people would be too busy spamming there buttons then running on to the next DE or heart or vista its just the way it plays, if you dont bring a good community with you its quite hard to get a social aspect out of it

first you whine how you want to group and then you admit you haven't even bothered to join a guild.

you mad, bro?

i totally welcome gw2's take on social aspects of mmos. it frees me to join guilds according to how much i like their members and the vibe of the guild rather than forcing me to hang out with people i'd never have any contact with just because i want to see the full content. it broke my heart when i had to leave a friendly guild full of people i knew in WoW to join a revolting raiding behemoth just so i could play some crummy endgame raids. balls to you, sir and thank you anet for finally giving the players a choice on how much to socialize and with whom.

Ahh another reading comprehension problem.  If you re-read my post I didnt say i have not joined a guild / group- i say that I have not joined one and had fun.  

Next time read or ask someone who can read and comprehend to explain before you go all cheesey on someone.  Thanks have a nice day.

Lath

ahh, all those different letters and words sometimes do prove to be too much for me... anywayz, the rest of my post still stands. imo guilds should be social tools, first and foremost. i join guilds in mmos to chat up with interesting people and go off on adventures together. imo your problems are not due to the game but the simple fact that you haven't found people that interest you yet ingame.

• chefdiablochefdiablo Member Posts: 202

I am having a great time with GW2. I enjoy it a lot.

I do not miss the trinity and I prefer the casual grouping situation because I can group up for an event or a boss and then wander off to do my own thing without leaving said group formally.

I play my MMOs without any urgency. I do not set out a plan for my game time. I do not log in ready to do the dailies and then run dungeons over and over.

I could spend hours just exploring. There are days where all I do is craft. Sometimes I just want to pvp. I do not like the "group" push to do the things that everyone else is doing just because they want to play in that manner.

I hate logging into my games and wasting my time waiting for groups or being pressured to drop whatever I am doing to fill a spot in a dungeon run which far too often takes far longer than expected due to a lack of able bodies.

So far for me, GW2 meets my needs for an MMO without taking much away.

I understand that this game is not the greatest game on earth for everyone else but thus far it is for me.

• Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318

(Updated : FYI, Ive been warned by the mods for trolling because of this thread-  Ive been a member since 2004 and never had that happen LOL.  Anyways, let this be a lesson to you folks out there who want to discuss legit issues with games on these forums.  GW2 right now is last years SWTOR- if you try to talk about real issues with the game then you will face torches and pitchforks.  Give it a month or two and just like SWTOR reality will sink in and we will be able to talk about these issues with out getting banned/ warned.  So, if you want to risk getting warned or worse read on)

Lath

I agree completely. It's unlikely that you'll ever get any friends in the game unless you start playing this game with friends. This is a solo game.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Masa1

(Updated : FYI, Ive been warned by the mods for trolling because of this thread-  Ive been a member since 2004 and never had that happen LOL.  Anyways, let this be a lesson to you folks out there who want to discuss legit issues with games on these forums.  GW2 right now is last years SWTOR- if you try to talk about real issues with the game then you will face torches and pitchforks.  Give it a month or two and just like SWTOR reality will sink in and we will be able to talk about these issues with out getting banned/ warned.  So, if you want to risk getting warned or worse read on)

Lath

I agree completely. It's unlikely that you'll ever get any friends in the game unless you start playing this game with friends. This is a solo game.

1.  Go into the game and either ask someone who is part of a guild that you want to join, or say in map chat that you are looking for a guild.  You could also find a guild on many of the forum sites that have guild recruitment forums...like this site.

2.  Begin talking with your guild and start doing things together.

I am already in three guilds in this game, and I am only level 51.  It is seriously, honestly, not that difficult to find people to hang out with in this game.

So many people here have told you folks how to do it, but you all insist on believing that this game is built to be completely unsocial.  I'm not really sure what to say at this point.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    One thing I will admit, the game is a little too fast paced sometimes. I mean !@#$ is just kinda rush rush rush. The DE zergs get so kill happy they are slaughtering everything in site DE related or not.