Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Unchained: Live Devcast with MMORPG.com on September 26th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Want to get inside the minds of an MMO designer when design a dungeon? Bill Murphy will be joined by members of the Age of Conan development team, who will share some of the secrets behind what it takes to craft a dungeon experience for a modern MMO. This exclusive live video stream will also be the first reveal of a new playable dungeon coming to Age of Conan with the new Secrets of the Dragon's Spine free content updates. You will get the first look at one of the great new dungeon areas.

Join in on Wednesday, at 6 pm EDT as we chat about the process of making MMO content, and take some questions live from those tuning in to the MMORPG.com live stream.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

The population in this game is as dead as a dodo...

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    No one is playing. Change your F2P model. It's one of the worst in the industry. It drives players away. Learn from your mistakes and move forward or no one will care about anything AoC related.

• DhomoshevskyDhomoshevsky Member Posts: 1
    agree, but the game is still awesome imo
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Originally posted by marz.at.play
    No one is playing. Change your F2P model. It's one of the worst in the industry. It drives players away. Learn from your mistakes and move forward or no one will care about anything AoC related.

Im playing?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

The population in this game is as dead as a dodo...

There was 1071 players online yesterday on Crom server. 33 people online from my guild. 

REALITY CHECK

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    still one of my favourite games of all time...combat is awsome,gfx are best i have ever seen in an mmo,apart from tsw,tonsof dungeons.the best start zone than any other mmo by far.but funcom have a bad f2p model.
  • hanzo525hanzo525 Member Posts: 4

Agree I pay before but I never saw new zones as my game was bugget and reinstall with new big update per slow internet was ...

After Funcom come to f2p I hope to see new intances Reinstall, update (faster net) but... Really have to pay for I should have rights to see  ??????

Should be LOTRO model here ....

• kingsatanaskingsatanas Member Posts: 31
    i played a while this game about 2y ago i tried it again about 6month ago and..... people are still doing the very very old raid and keep doing it over and over  /people left the game so new ppl keep doing old raid only like 1-2 guild on the server doing new raid and im sure they fail on it cause this game are very hard fail AOC fail tsw
  • ThorgrmThorgrm Member Posts: 2
    I've been playing this game since it started. It is still my favourite game. My guild is still alive and kicking and we all still love this game. Amazing graphics and great combat system. I've tried other MMOs but they all seem to pale when compared to Age of Conan. It'st got its issues but I will be playing this game for some time to come.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Yep, great combat, but I really disliked being funneled everywhere I went.  The outside gameplay was like playing in a dungeon.  I just could not get into this game at all, no matter how many times I have tried.
  • ThorgrmThorgrm Member Posts: 2
    I've been playing this game since it started. It is still my favourite game. My guild is still alive and kicking and we all still love this game. Amazing graphics and great combat system. I've tried other MMOs but they all seem to pale when compared to Age of Conan. It'st got its issues but I will be playing this game for some time to come.

Sorry I refreshed the screen and my message got posted again.
  • StinnggStinngg Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by marz.at.play

AoC is THE BEST mmorpg out there. Far ahead of any game of its kind as graphics, gameplay, design quality of chars, environment and gear. You're under 18 maybe? Go play gw2. Mice people there.

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268
    I have always enjoyed AoC. Won't be able to catch this vid live but i hope they post it somewhwere  for viewing later!

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• lexsc100lexsc100 Member Posts: 1
    I am always amazed at the critical comments. AOC is the best game I have played. It is not perfect, but it is the best in my opinion.  My question to the people posting the negative remarks is: What mmo are you playing that is better than AOC? 
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by lexsc100
    I am always amazed at the critical comments. AOC is the best game I have played. It is not perfect, but it is the best in my opinion.  My question to the people posting the negative remarks is: What mmo are you playing that is better than AOC? 

You shouldn't be amazed. AoC is a great game indeed, but some critics are right, like in case of AoC's f2p, which is one of the worst hybrid models in the market... It'd be much better if they stayed with the subscription model, but then how could they  justify the in-game shop? Also the grindfest in Khitai is too much for my kinda gameplay.

Beside that, AoC is great. I still love to play it, dive in and Adventuring in Hyboria (lol, yep I do mean the original content)