Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is their a trial for this game yet?

bartillobartillo Member UncommonPosts: 190
Interested in checking it out.

Comments

• natonnnatonn Member UncommonPosts: 21
    rumors say that soon there will be trials. How many I don't know.
  • MrDDTMrDDT Member UncommonPosts: 276
    No there is no trial.

-MrDDT

• DrevarDrevar Member UncommonPosts: 177

The trial server and kickstarter campaign are supposedly going to start sometime around the 15th of October...or so they say.  Off hand I can't recall a single deadline they haven't overshot by a week or more (usually much more).

The nature of the game world prevents allowing trials to participate on the Live server and thus all trials will have their own world to utterly destroy with bad architecture and terraforming.  I would imagine this server will be reset every so often, but that is purely my own conjecture.

"If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."
    -Luke McKinney, The 7 Biggest Dick Moves in the History of Online Gaming

"In the end, SWG may have been more potential and promise than fulfilled expectation. But I'd rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."
    -Raph Koster

• ShadewoodShadewood Member Posts: 8

I'm really excited to try out the trial, I just wish it had been done sooner but I understand why it hadn't. Um, I just hope the trial is actually today, although there is barely any fuss at all, even on the Xsyon forums. I don't like that very much. Where is the community enthusiasm?

Oh well, I hope to try the trial today, or whenever it's released.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Drevar

The trial server and kickstarter campaign are supposedly going to start sometime around the 15th of October...or so they say.  Off hand I can't recall a single deadline they haven't overshot by a week or more (usually much more).

The nature of the game world prevents allowing trials to participate on the Live server and thus all trials will have their own world to utterly destroy with bad architecture and terraforming.  I would imagine this server will be reset every so often, but that is purely my own conjecture.

Kickstarter campaign?  Isn't the game released already?

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

Lol I thought the same thing. Well technically it isnt fully released, according to them. They did the whole "Prelude" thing which was supposed to be sort of an early access thing for people who bought into the game and give them a chance to get in ahead of others while they finished up some things andlet these players begin building the world so whent he full launch came there would already be stuff in the world for new players.

Thing is, that was supposed to last like a couple of months. Its been well over a year now. IIRC "Prelude" began something like late spring / early summer of last year. Sadly, the game is still in almost the same shape as it was back then. Theyve made some slight improvements, but many things are still broken / buggy or non-existant.

Anyway. Would have been a good idea for them to do Kickstarter a year+ ago, but hopefully this is enough to help them out and get the game in better shape. It had the potential to be an amazing sandbox, but it falls short in so many things. Maybe these funds will allow them to get some much needed experienced programmers / devs onboard and get the game back on track.

Originally posted by GwapoJosh

I am not certain, but I think it was to help with funding server capacity for free trials.

• DrevarDrevar Member UncommonPosts: 177

The kickstarter is for funds to cover expanding the team.  They are trying to push the development to the point where they can end the "Prelude" and call it a truely released game.

Up to now probably 70% of the development has been on the unseen-to-players back end.  They have made huge improvements on load times, lag, server crashes, rollbacks, etc.  Unfortunately that also means there hasn't been much in the way of entertaining gameplay elements. 

There are still 4 or 5 MAJOR gameplay features that have been anticipated for about 2 years now (farming, cooking, 4taming, ranged combat, comfort system) that need to be put in to advance the game beyond the prelude stage (per the main Dev).  They keep adding more and more technical stuff, though, like implementing PhysX to replace the current collision system.

"If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."
    -Luke McKinney, The 7 Biggest Dick Moves in the History of Online Gaming

"In the end, SWG may have been more potential and promise than fulfilled expectation. But I'd rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."
    -Raph Koster

No sign of any trial yet. The day's still young I suppose.

October 15 2012

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

The Trial Server will be open the the public October 17 at roughly 7:00 AM PST after running maintenance. The Trial Server will be open to all players with data duplicated from the Main Server. The only difference is that we will reset the Trial Server data every Monday.

We will make official announcements on various websites this week.

Please help spread the word!

Source http://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/1451-Xsyon-Updates?p=96121#post96121