Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game is garbage

2»

Comments

• Saur0nSaur0n Member UncommonPosts: 114
  • Saur0nSaur0n Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by neorandom
    ww2 ended in 1944, it should be left in 1944.

WW2 ended in 1945 ;-P

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by Saur0n
    Originally posted by neorandom
    ww2 ended in 1944, it should be left in 1944.

WW2 ended in 1945 ;-P

All that happened in that year was dropping the only two nuclear weapons anyone has ever dropped. What effect did that have on world history? Best leave it in '44 like he said - ww2 had no consequences for the future.

• Realm111Realm111 Member Posts: 6

Still playing since 2001... fact is there isn't anything like it (true PVP) with air/ground.  As a bomber pilot, I never run out of targets :)

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by 9reesracer9
    Originally posted by rendus
    cool story bro

find another (maybe newer) internet meme if you want to bash on posts...

Did you read it?  If so, translate it for me because I can't figure out what the point was.

...and sometimes an old meme is the correct meme.

• wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89
    What?

double post oops!

^  ^ ^ ^  ^ RENDUS IS A TROLL IN CASE YOU DIDN"T FIGURE IT OUT

Just Ignore this guy, he's your CLASSIC FORUM TROLL, and he has made THIS THREAD his bridge...he will LIE to you , and do WHATEVER it takes to get a rise out of you...he brings NOTHING to the table for discussion because he's MAD at the Devs and ANYONE who likes the game... just keep scrolling past his MEANINGLESS posts like the rest of us do.

Oh btw RENDUS, here's some rules you are in violation of so keep to the TOPIC or move along FRIEND.

• Topic Hijacking
      • Posting comments within a thread which severely disrupts the original conversation is prohibited at MMORPG.com.
        Example: Asking whether a game has PvP in a thread about crafting materials found in a new expansion is Topic Hijacking.
    • Flaming and Personal Attacks
      • MMORPG.com does not tolerate personal attacks on other posters. Please keep your arguments and posts on topic, and argue the ideas and topics of the thread instead of insulting other users.
        Example: Telling someone that you disagree with their argument is tolerated, while calling someone inappropriate names is not.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by wrath04

^  ^ ^ ^  ^ RENDUS IS A TROLL IN CASE YOU DIDN"T FIGURE IT OUT

Just Ignore this guy, he's your CLASSIC FORUM TROLL, and he has made THIS THREAD his bridge...he will LIE to you , and do WHATEVER it takes to get a rise out of you...he brings NOTHING to the table for discussion because he's MAD at the Devs and ANYONE who likes the game... just keep scrolling past his MEANINGLESS posts like the rest of us do.

Oh btw RENDUS, here's some rules you are in violation of so keep to the TOPIC or move along FRIEND.

• Topic Hijacking
      • Posting comments within a thread which severely disrupts the original conversation is prohibited at MMORPG.com.
        Example: Asking whether a game has PvP in a thread about crafting materials found in a new expansion is Topic Hijacking.
    • Flaming and Personal Attacks
      • MMORPG.com does not tolerate personal attacks on other posters. Please keep your arguments and posts on topic, and argue the ideas and topics of the thread instead of insulting other users.
        Example: Telling someone that you disagree with their argument is tolerated, while calling someone inappropriate names is not.

Thanks for the rules, Junior Moderator!  Maybe one day you'll become a mod and be able to do something about it.  Until that day I'll defer to the actual mods.

Please link a post where I said anything bad about CRS.  I have problems with some of the gameplay issues including the predictor code, and the low population.  But I don't think I ever posted anything about the Devs.  

The fact is wrath04 doesn't know me.  He hasn't spent any appreciable time in these forums.  And is only here to bolster the image of the game.  After all of you pretext-posters fade away,  we'll still be here sharing the latest news, bemoan what could have been and sometimes play and maybe even subscribe.

• makifmakif Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Szyporyn

How I love those expecting an easy battlefield kind of game - then realize this game is HARD, true PvP.

Then go screaming away in disgust coz they can't cope.

Want a REAL PvP game - we got it for you!

Spot on Szyporyn. This game is too tough for some boys and they cant accept it. And even, they are so immature that instead of letting it go, they come here to blame the game for their incompetence.

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

Just because someone has harsh criticism about your favorite game and aren't currently enjoying it that doesn't mean they wanted a 'Battlefield' insta-gratificiation experience and/or they sucked at the game. Especially, you know, when these people have been playing on and off for years and for the most part loved their time playing it. That just doesn't make sense.

For having such a strong dislike for those who bend the truth to fit their agenda.. can be completely guilty of it yourselves.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• ZbusZbus Member Posts: 116
    LOL alot of these guys your talking to makif would kill you over and over again in game. I really doubt its a issue of the game being to hard for them. Alot are game vets for almost 10 years they understand terrain, cover, fields of fire , shoot and scoot and are deadly at range with even a simple nonscoped rifle. But you keep on praiseing Szyporyn for his spot on commentary about players he has no clue about. 
  • TontomanTontoman Member Posts: 196

Yeah Zbus, ironically it's much easier nowadays than it was before.  I'd like to see how many of the current 'hard core' players wouldn't cry when death means a 5+ min truck ride.  

A lot of the annoyance from the vets is the dumbing down of the game, the current general skills and patience displayed today is nothing compared to the past.  Nowadays things like armor griefing is so common it doesn't even get mentioned, hardly any point to play ATG when your friendly tanks drive past your position to die like flies until the armor runs out.  Gotta get to the enemy tanks as fast as possible before someone else gets them,  or you'll be waiting a couple of hours for another AO to fire up and more enemies to appear.   And even now with MSP, people complain they spawn too far out.

So sure, for you others you can talk about how WWIIOL has some unique aspects.  But talking about skills and difficulty to vets of the game is just too funny, I'd stop that if you want to be taken seriously at all.

With the current F2P and payment model going in the right direction, I'd be working out on bringing back some of the older gameplay that was around when WWIIOL had a large playerbase, without losing the current crowd.   Or maybe with F2P it's not such an issue and they have more freedom to change things around.

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156
    Everyone is leaving the game.  With all the bugs and the high price and equipment requirements it's not worth the hassle. Its nothing like it used to be back in the day.  Yes the game is garbage now. It had so much potential.   Sad really.  Just like the 7 fanbois that they could get after spamming the WWIIOL forums.  GARBAGE.
  • axishatraxishatr Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Originally posted by depot12
    Everyone is leaving the game.  With all the bugs and the high price and equipment requirements it's not worth the hassle. Its nothing like it used to be back in the day.  Yes the game is garbage now. It had so much potential.   Sad really.  Just like the 7 fanbois that they could get after spamming the WWIIOL forums.  GARBAGE.

But but, there are all those F2P people sticking around......for free.....

Targets were suppose to trick all of us former players to return and pay for a year upfront...or at least commit to it.

Dont.

• N1ckMN1ckM Member Posts: 8

axishatr, did CRS run off with your wife and murder your children or something, you have way too much hate in your head. I suggest that you forgot all about WWII Online and this forum, take up knitting or something, all this hate is really not good for your health.

With so many hate filled posts by you on this forum, no-one will take any notice of you because you are clearly not giving an opinion worth taking notice of, one or two posts stating your experience of the game is all that was needed, potential new players to the game may actually have taken notice of you then.

We all love and hate different games, move on if you don't like it, enjoy it if you do.

Chill

Originally posted by N1ckM

axishatr, did CRS run off with your wife and murder your children or something, you have way too much hate in your head. I suggest that you forgot all about WWII Online and this forum, take up knitting or something, all this hate is really not good for your health.

With so many hate filled posts by you on this forum, no-one will take any notice of you because you are clearly not giving an opinion worth taking notice of, one or two posts stating your experience of the game is all that was needed, potential new players to the game may actually have taken notice of you then.

We all love and hate different games, move on if you don't like it, enjoy it if you do.

Chill

What do you care if he doesn't like the game? Is everyone supposed to like it? I used to like it but now I hate the game with all the bugs and DOC's attitude.  So some people decided to come over here to discuss the negative aspects of the game.  So I guess its up to you to decide what we can and cannot talk about?

Here's the reality: not everyone likes WWIIOL.  If you like it, thats fine with me. Stop telling us what we can and cannot talk about and stop your stupid spamming campaign.  It backfired for you on the WWIIOL forums as all you did was just drag the product thru the mud.  Also ask yourself something if it only takes 3 people to "ruin" WWIIOL for you by people posting here what does it say about the product?

The game is garbage. You know it, I know it.  I know you think it is garbage but if you just wait a little while longer and re-up your subscription then its all going to be sunshile and lollypops. They dont even have any developers left plus the invisible EI bug that has been in the game for almost 18 months and they still cant fix that bug or the clipping bug or the falling thru the stairs bug and a whole bunch of other basic crap.

Some of us don't like the game anymore, deal with it.

"Do you know how many have left sence 2005?"

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    I too have tried the game off an on for years but it is severly lacking in every area and I can't seem to like it no matter how hard I force myself to play it.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

"What is going on with the STATS people are starting to get annoyed cant find out our K>D who we are killing and so on.We are paying for a service arnt we. Would be good just to get some answers from you RATS on whats happening.
    Thanks"
  • antipropaantipropa Member Posts: 21

Count me in as one of the many leaving.  I had my whole old squad talking into trying this.  Thankfully they were slow logging back in and signing up for service and they didn't get hosed like I did.  I actually cancelled my credit card today to stop their billings.   Now if I can block their spamming emails begging for people to come back and play.  Yet, they still hammer their long term customers (couple of my old squdmates that are crazy enough to hang around month to month) for $17.99 while noobs get $9.99?

Lame.

Yea I was day 1 player if I resub its $12.99 vs some chump who left and "Welcome back Soldier" they can resub for $9.99? Seriously they are either totally clueless or jerks about the pricing.  The arrogance of trying to milk us day 1 players for more money.  Back in the day I would WANT to give them the money, not have them try to cheeze it out of me this way.  FU DOC
  • boobitsboobits Member Posts: 27

What amazes me is that some players bought those super expensive packages in order to get an in-game statue. $5000 or something? Can't remember, someone here must.

Anwyays...people bought and paid and some never did get one.   LOL

• antipropaantipropa Member Posts: 21

Yeah that really sucks.  I wonder if it is illegal to advertise your subscription money is going to be used to fix problems with your main project, but then use those peoples investement to make a whole new spin off project?  Thats what they did to the community for a whole year.  Set them up with whines in the forums, emails, and message boards about how if the community cared they support wwiiol with a long term prepaid subscription or even MULTIPLE subs and how they needed it to fix current in game issues that everyone was "bitching about".  Then they take that money (in some amount anyways) and use it to try to develope rapid assult (which no one wanted or thought would work).  It took devs time and money to try to make that game and wwiiol was left in the back of the room falling apart. 

Then they directly tell their customers to go support rapid assult or the game will die.  I even got some stupid bucket graphic that must have been drawn by the 3rd grade class down the street from playnet.  It was horrible.

It was a bucket alright.  With a big hole in the bottom cut by crs.