Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 is getting a bit more boring, every day i play....

Comments

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Maybe, you know, playing a game 5-8 hours a day, every day, kinda burns you out?
  • dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578
    Originally posted by Derros
    Maybe, you know, playing a game 5-8 hours a day, every day, kinda burns you out?

Lol i wish i could play 5 hours a day without being diminished to making no gain other than grinding mobs in the field..

Its like expecting 1500 experience for a wow quest and only getting 100...

Kinda hard to level that way..

Playing GW2..

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by abeltensor
    you essentually hit the climax of the game around lvl 5 when you obtain your skills and then everything else just is an after thought.      

The fact that we had to do it, because there was no other choice, doesn't make it more fun than not having to do it, in any way.

I think the real problem is premature climax - it is both embarassing and depressing - but there is hope!

Just keep working at it, you'll figure it out eventually!

• eAzydamaneAzydaman Member Posts: 218

I have 150 hours on my thief, still not even close to being sick of either one of the skills I use. The combat is just so fluid and awesome that I can have fun just beating on mobs or players. 

Got an invite for PS2 today, not even gonna bother, it looks good and all but GW2 will take up so much of my time.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

OP - sometimes one needs to take a break from a game.  Perhaps a different game or maybe a break from games. We are all different so each his own.   Find your balance and what makes you happy.  The great thing is that GW 2 will be here and it won't cost you a sub.  :)

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

The 1st week i was so excited and i was playing 5-8 hours per day....

Now, after few weeks, i find myself bored and only playing 2h max and not every day....

I realised, that GW2 is not meant to be a "Main" mmo, just a casual backup game.

I feel Guilds are just chatboxes and nothing more, like most f2p games out there.... 

My guild isn't even a chatbox, half the people use mumble to acutally talk and the rest don't type anything anyway. I miss the days when people used text chat.

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    IMO you probably need to take a break or vary your gameplay mixing PvE with some WvW. You also need a better guild, like mine Mark it (zero on SF. :)
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by dageeza

GW2 is an incredible game for $60 but imho anet has fumbled the ball by diminishing my experience to the point i cant level my 2nd character and now no longer desire to try...

Whats weird is that i play in a group of RL friends almost always and we run the same DE line together and im the only one who keeps getting diminishing returns to the point i have to quit the game for an hour..

Im going to try it one more time later today since they patched and if i get diminished again im just going to quit and uninstall as its frustrating when this happens every single day while not effecting anyone else in my group and its not like i didnt get my moneys worth of fun before anet perma broke the game for me but once uininstalled it will stay that way..

Anet has provided no answers to why this appears to be happening to just me and one other guy out of 12 of us doing the exact same pve DE circuits together..

I feel unjustly targeted..

Circuits?  So you are running the same events over and over?  Yes I'm pretty sure they have the time to single out specific players and ruin their fun....lol.

OP, of course shallow themeparks are not going to be for everyone.  And I agree that this type of game should be considered a  back up type uber casual MMO.  I'm still really enjoying my time as the combat is probably the most fun I've had in an MMO (and please no one tell me how great TERA animation lock is...it's not).  While I do wish the classes were a bit more distinct I'm enjoying the game for what it is.

• AzylachAzylach Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by halflife25
    Originally posted by Urko

I still play as much as I can afford to beside work and family. Opinions vary, as well as play styles.

Thankfully, there's pandaland for you to grind for the next tier of raid gear in... ;-)

You really need to stop assuming that anyone who dislikes GW2 is a WOW fanboy. You make rest of the fans look bad with this attitude.

Most usually are.

Then maybe Mike O Brian should have not made GW2 for masses? he clearly stated that he wants to beat WOW and be number one. So what were you expecting in terms of players who are going to play GW2? stop getting all worked up over it because Anet is clearly targetting WOW playerbase and they would love to have them in their game.

Source?

The only thing I remember them saying is that they wanted GW2 to co-exist with p2p MMOs. 

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Derros

I would classify playing 5-8 hours a day, everyday an addiction. I enjoy GW2,but if I played it or any other game that much I woud get bored and burned out pretty damn quickly.

As far as EQ and allt the other older games go, they were all fresh back then. MMO's were pretty mch a new thing to us all. It takes a heck of alot more to impress now then it did then. And thats just the nature of things.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    I just am enjoying GW2, if for nothing else, the feeling that I dont HAVE to play every day, since im not paying $15 a month to play.  When I do play sub games, I feel like i have to log on or only play that one game.  That usually leads me to burnout, now I can not play GW2 for a day or 2, do other things, and not feel bad about it.
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Mysticwoot

I still play as much as I can afford to beside work and family. Opinions vary, as well as play styles.

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

Then maybe Mike O Brian should have not made GW2 for masses? he clearly stated that he wants to beat WOW and be number one. So what were you expecting in terms of players who are going to play GW2? stop getting all worked up over it because Anet is clearly targetting WOW playerbase and they would love to have them in their game.

Source?

The only thing I remember them saying is that they wanted GW2 to co-exist with p2p MMOs. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/04/23/arenanet-founder-mike-obrien-will-be-satisfied-when-guild-wars-2-is-the-most-successful-mmo-period/

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by Mysticwoot

Thankfully, there's pandaland for you to grind for the next tier of raid gear in... ;-)

You really need to stop assuming that anyone who dislikes GW2 is a WOW fanboy. You make rest of the fans look bad with this attitude.

Most usually are.

Source?

“We’re in it to win it this time,” said O’Brien. “We were number two to World of Warcraft with Guild Wars, now we want to beat them.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/04/23/arenanet-founder-mike-obrien-will-be-satisfied-when-guild-wars-2-is-the-most-successful-mmo-period/

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Still having too much fun exploring, still having too much fun PvPing and finding new builds, still having too much fun figuring out how best to beat dungeons (PS Sorrow's Embrace is now my b****) and still having too much fun leveling up, exploring, finding chests, finding jumping puzzles and defeating champion bosses solo.

This is not a game.

• MightyPitMightyPit Member UncommonPosts: 92

I like this quote. ArenaNet isn't on the top, yet, which means that they will working harder to get there.

./age: 238 hours in 30 days. Beside the job. Yeah I know, I'm kinda addicted to the game. And I like it :)

MMO's played so far:
    UO,EQ,DAOC,EQ2,GW,ROM,WOW,WAR,AOC,LOTRO,RIFT,TSW,GW2,POE
    Looking forward to: Camelot Unchained, Star Citizen

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Now, after few weeks, i find myself bored and only playing 2h max and not every day....

I realised, that GW2 is not meant to be a "Main" mmo, just a casual backup game.

I feel Guilds are just chatboxes and nothing more, like most f2p games out there.... 

I've been playing on and off since headstart and my /age doesn't even go past 150 for all the characters I've played. I've tried them all, except warrior, and I keep deleting and trying out different combinations.

Something about the game doesn't just grab me. I think about the game when I'm not on, I log in for a few hours on one day and then not log back in for maybe days at a time.

Drab, ho hum, streamlined to hell and back, just OK...¯_(-.-)_/¯

I may change my mind once I've tried it again later and I'm in the right mood for it. But I've only changed my mind with single player games...never with MMOs.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Zeroxin
    Still having too much fun exploring, still having too much fun PvPing and finding new builds, still having too much fun figuring out how best to beat dungeons (PS Sorrow's Embrace is now my b****) and still having too much fun leveling up, exploring, finding chests, finding jumping puzzles and defeating champion bosses solo.

this alone kept me in Rift for 6 months longer than I would of normally stayed in the game. I loved in Rift changing out my builds and tweaking things to try out new combos and such. One thing i do hope GW2 adds is saving multiple roles so I don't need to respec everytime in PVE(especially for dungeons). PVP though i love the options of being able to change all my gear/sigils/runes and my traits whenever I want to try something new. Still hoping some sort of role save system is planned though especially for PVE.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

There is a reason you and alot of other people, my self included, are getting extremely bored with this game.  It is by nature extremely boring. 

There is no endgame.  (thats correct.)  Every class is a Healer/DPS/Tank so wheres the skill when all people do is zerg all the PvE content.  Even in a 5 man group there are no defined roles to play.  No one takes the blame or all the glory.  Everything about this game is hand-holding.  You enter a new zone, You find the scout then head for the heart thats near your level.  You kill stuff or play a silly minigame, then you explore a bit, but its not really exporing because its all marked on your minimap.  When you are tired of that, you do your Personal story which isnt that personal because by around lvl 35 everyone has the same storyline with minor details changed. Rinse and repeat.  

I absolutely hate the post WoW MMO era.  Pre-wow, it took hours to get one level, getting a reward ment working for it, quests were special events that you did to get unique items and even learning new skills was a mystery in the begining.  Now everything is on rails.  Theres no running across the direlands to get to BSD like in AC or going on a 4 hour epic corpse run because you died to a bunch of level 50 brownies in a zone 3 hours away from your bind point like in EQ.  with the linear leveling system that GW2 has in place, you essentually hit the climax of the game around lvl 5 when you obtain your skills and then everything else just is an after thought.      

IMO, After vinilla wow, the genera known as the MMO died.  All we have left are large chat rooms with detailed graphical UIs and even then with the new phasing enviroment and other features of that nature, the social aspects of these games get lost in translation so to speak.  The devs who are making these games are missing the point by pushing so much on the idea that they need capture a causal audiance of players because MMos by definition are not causial games.  You are supposed to get invested in the character you created.  You are supposed to put a lot of time and effort into playing these games to achieve the smallest of achievements.  Devs seem to think that if they make things more convieniant then the game will be better.  This is false, Extremely false.  

QFT

• LathialLathial Member UncommonPosts: 166

There is a reason you and alot of other people, my self included, are getting extremely bored with this game.  It is by nature extremely boring. 

There is no endgame.  (thats correct.)  Every class is a Healer/DPS/Tank so wheres the skill when all people do is zerg all the PvE content.  Even in a 5 man group there are no defined roles to play.  No one takes the blame or all the glory.  Everything about this game is hand-holding.  You enter a new zone, You find the scout then head for the heart thats near your level.  You kill stuff or play a silly minigame, then you explore a bit, but its not really exporing because its all marked on your minimap.  When you are tired of that, you do your Personal story which isnt that personal because by around lvl 35 everyone has the same storyline with minor details changed. Rinse and repeat.  

I absolutely hate the post WoW MMO era.  Pre-wow, it took hours to get one level, getting a reward ment working for it, quests were special events that you did to get unique items and even learning new skills was a mystery in the begining.  Now everything is on rails.  Theres no running across the direlands to get to BSD like in AC or going on a 4 hour epic corpse run because you died to a bunch of level 50 brownies in a zone 3 hours away from your bind point like in EQ.  with the linear leveling system that GW2 has in place, you essentually hit the climax of the game around lvl 5 when you obtain your skills and then everything else just is an after thought.      

IMO, After vinilla wow, the genera known as the MMO died.  All we have left are large chat rooms with detailed graphical UIs and even then with the new phasing enviroment and other features of that nature, the social aspects of these games get lost in translation so to speak.  The devs who are making these games are missing the point by pushing so much on the idea that they need capture a causal audiance of players because MMos by definition are not causial games.  You are supposed to get invested in the character you created.  You are supposed to put a lot of time and effort into playing these games to achieve the smallest of achievements.  Devs seem to think that if they make things more convieniant then the game will be better.  This is false, Extremely false.  

Good post!  I agree

Lath

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

It's called habituation.  This is why ALL MMOs fade.   This why WoW has to release huge XPACs.   This is why every MMO out there has to update and change things up.

It's also why you get tired of popular musicians, actors, foods, etc.  

It's how humans work. 

Congratulations.   You've shown yourself to be human.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Jyiiga
    I still can't get enough... I afraid to type /age already. I'm about to have my second 80 and then I will likely glue myself to WvW for quite sometime. 

I have.  I won't admit how much time I have on my account.   It's ridiculous.   I have never played an MMO as heavily as this one, ever.   

• vladwwvladww Member UncommonPosts: 417

I absolutely hate the post WoW MMO era.  Pre-wow, it took hours to get one level, getting a reward ment working for it, quests were special events that you did to get unique items and even learning new skills was a mystery in the begining.  Now everything is on rails.  Theres no running across the direlands to get to BSD like in AC or going on a 4 hour epic corpse run because you died to a bunch of level 50 brownies in a zone 3 hours away from your bind point like in EQ**.  with the linear leveling system that GW2 has in place, you essentually hit the climax of the game around lvl 5 when you obtain your skills and then everything else just is an after thought.      

So true.

**I got help from a lvl 40 ranger in Lower Fay to get back my corpse from these vicious brownies at the time lol

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I've left before getting to 80 (about level 60 with 60% explored). Here's why: What is in the game is done well but I don't see enough features to compliment the core gameplay, which is why I and many others might be getting bored (please don't reply with a string of features in the game, I know what's there, trust me :). I'm waiting for more additions, more variety in DE's and just more general updates or a full blown expansion, then I'll be back.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • EletherylEletheryl Member Posts: 152

You are not the only one, each week you have less full servers at primetime and more High and Medium, and not even a month yet.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by vladww

I absolutely hate the post WoW MMO era.  Pre-wow, it took hours to get one level, getting a reward ment working for it, quests were special events that you did to get unique items and even learning new skills was a mystery in the begining.  Now everything is on rails.  Theres no running across the direlands to get to BSD like in AC or going on a 4 hour epic corpse run because you died to a bunch of level 50 brownies in a zone 3 hours away from your bind point like in EQ**.  with the linear leveling system that GW2 has in place, you essentually hit the climax of the game around lvl 5 when you obtain your skills and then everything else just is an after thought.      

So true.

**I got help from a lvl 40 ranger in Lower Fay to get back my corpse from these vicious brownies at the time lol

I'm forming a movement called "Occupy Reginal Developers Every Really". ORDER for short. Will you be our leader?

We are the 89%.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"