Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Now Live with Celebratory Video Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria is now live in most locations throughout the world. To celebrate the launch of MoP, Blizzard Entertainment has released a brand new video spotlighting eight zones, seven scenarios, nine dungeons, three raids, two battlegrounds, one arena, three hundred daily quests, monks, pirate monkeys, and more. Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Woot this is awesome good bye GW2 twas fun, but now its time for the real deal.
  • AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
  • MeGaTronPowerMeGaTronPower Member Posts: 80

Soooo much content!!!!

eight zones, seven scenarios, nine dungeons, three raids, two battlegrounds, one arena, three hundred daily quests, monks, pirate monkeys, and more.

gw2 got nothing on mop for sure in terms of contents, content contents everywhere all in 1 expansion.

=D

o forgot to mention 3 raids instances 14 bosses 2 world bosses and moooooore

whoa this expansion is content filled, more mini games mind boggling. How is that even possible????

Lol Winning!!! my 4 boxes of mop collector's edition is on its way from amazon lol.

How does blizzard keep kicking asses in contents against other mmorpgs is beyond me. :p

How does it even work? :p

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

That's shittons of content

Nice trailer blizz!

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809

Its funny as time goes by and you play new MMO's and then go back to Wow you start to notice how dated the game is starting to look. My wife and I watched this video and we both made the same comment about the same time. Long time Wow players that had a good run but its time to move on and we both have decided not to buy the expansion.

Good Luck to you Blizzard with sales! I look forward to see what your next MMO will be. o/

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Yah, looks like more of the same 'ol boring last century content except with a new skin. 
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    At first it was tough to go back, but once I got back into the groove, I'm on cruise control now, its fun again.

boring contents in an expansion? Lotro is coming out with an expansion that has small conent NO dungeons at all, no pvp stuff. What are other expansions that comes out with as much contents as mop? rift storm legion sems packed with contents. thats as close as you can get.

Oh right did darkfall have contents? what about mortal online's expansion? did that have tons of contents? you talk as if having more contents in an expansion for your money is bad or outdated. Most mmorpg epxansions dont even give you half of what is listed in mop and slap you with $59.95 price tag and call it an expansion how about ddo expansion? wow just more dungeons to play around with no pvp no extras. and throw in a class thats it. 

Lets not even talk about contents for your money, how about features thats actually working and not bugged. mop is polished.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Looks great, didn't even cover everything such as pet battles, cross realm zones and new talent system.
  • KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

you may not like the game but you cant claim that they dont deliver enough for an expansion. its packed!

nice one blizz!

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    So far this is the best wow expansion i've played and i've played them all..

As a wow fan, I'll say the graphic have improve a tiny bit because of new shaders they are using etc.. Its old yes, but I think because of the art style they have chosen it aged slower compare to a graphic intense game. Plus with character models on the menu to redone should be good.. For me good gameplay beats graphics anytime, so for the rest of the year it well be Gw2, Wow and TL2 most day.. Thx blizz
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by Xstatic912
    So far this is the best wow expansion i've played and i've played them all..

As a wow fan, I'll say the graphic have improve a tiny bit because of new shaders they are using etc.. Its old yes, but I think because of the art style they have chosen it aged slower compare to a graphic intense game. Plus with character models on the menu to redone should be good.. For me good gameplay beats graphics anytime, so for the rest of the year it well be Gw2, Wow and TL2 most day.. Thx blizz

Agree with some parts you said- but as a graphic designer, i cant agree with 'better gameplay bad graphics'.
     Things gotta look 'tight' in a game, this game was 'tight' in  2004 in style. i cant go back intime unless i feel nostalgic=  i dont go back playing Atari pong -games, i dont expect going back to WoW anytime soon either.

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    GW2 has killed any interest in this game for me.  Little things like being able to mine the same node or kill the same mob in GW2 instead of racing against someone else trying to gank you in WOW.  That and the endless gear grind.  Bye WOW, it was fun, but now I am moving on...
  • NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417
    Looks like it has a lot of new content, but nothing in the video made me want to go back. Maybe if there's heaps of great reviews and people are still playing it months down the road I'll give it a look.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• GhernGhern Member UncommonPosts: 134

It does look like a lot of new content but it also looks like the same old WoW stuff they have been doing for years.

That ship has sailed for me personally.

I think I'll pass.

• MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Originally posted by MeGaTronPower

boring contents in an expansion? Lotro is coming out with an expansion that has small conent NO dungeons at all, no pvp stuff. What are other expansions that comes out with as much contents as mop? rift storm legion sems packed with contents. thats as close as you can get.

Oh right did darkfall have contents? what about mortal online's expansion? did that have tons of contents? you talk as if having more contents in an expansion for your money is bad or outdated. Most mmorpg epxansions dont even give you half of what is listed in mop and slap you with $59.95 price tag and call it an expansion how about ddo expansion? wow just more dungeons to play around with no pvp no extras. and throw in a class thats it. 

Lets not even talk about contents for your money, how about features thats actually working and not bugged. mop is polished.

This i dont play wow from Wotkl but no one expansion dont give you so much content , lotro , ddo etc etc

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Forgot how childish everything looked in WoW and it looks like its gotten a lot worse.  It certainly appears to be targeting a younger demographic.

Anyways, hope you guys playing it have fun.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    People said "ohhh look at all this new content" with Cata and look how that ended.  Looks like same old shit just with a different skin is all to me.  People will come back in droves and in a month or two time they'll leave in droves.
  • prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258
    Will wait for Titan
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Forgot how childish everything looked in WoW and it looks like its gotten a lot worse.  It certainly appears to be targeting a younger demographic.

Anyways, hope you guys playing it have fun.

The word you're looking for is stylised not childish. 

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Soooo much content!!!!

eight zones, seven scenarios, nine dungeons, three raids, two battlegrounds, one arena, three hundred daily quests, monks, pirate monkeys, and more.

gw2 got nothing on mop for sure in terms of contents, content contents everywhere all in 1 expansion.

=D

You forgot dumbed down skill tree, dumbed down gameplay, etc.  Makes you wonder what age group they are aiming at, does not look like it is adults any more.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

o forgot to mention 3 raids instances 14 bosses 2 world bosses and moooooorewhoa this expansion is content filled, more mini games mind boggling. How is that even possible????Lol Winning!!! my 4 boxes of mop collector's edition is on its way from amazon lol.How does blizzard keep kicking asses in contents against other mmorpgs is beyond me. :pHow does it even work? :p
    I saw 3 dungeons that were there since Classic WoW:
    Scholomance
    Scarlet Monestary
    Scarlet Halls

Here is how Blizzard does their massive content updates:

• 2004 - The game was released on November 23.
    • 2007 - The Burning Crusade was released on January 16.
    • 2008 - Wrath of the Lich King was released on November 13.
    • 2010 - Cataclysm was released on December 7 (Pearl Harbor Day).
    • 2012 - Mists of Pandaria is released September 25 (today).
    8 years. 4 Expansions.

I am happy for you that your game of choice is still working for you. I wish you all the fun and enjoyment you can find there. I can understand your enthusiasm. I think you may need to change your underwear :)

Personally, I'll pass on this one.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Looks like I'm buying tonight :(
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Wow! All the content that should have been delivered for free by any mediocore to decent developer half a year ago, now finally included into a underwhelming small paid expansion pack! Amazing!

Almost nill free content for the fooled anual pass subscriber now really paid off with this extra paid expansion!

Wow! Just how do they do this??? All I do is pay them 3 games worth per year in subscriptions and yet they keep delivering me almost a full games worth of content every full and a half year, just for the small price of another full new game.

/sarcasm off

You don't know how right you are.

Pandas - free

pet battles - free

Monk - pay for

New continent - pay for

I'm sure there's more in each, but hey(!) sarcasm for the win!

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil