Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Having a really hard time with this game late at night

DzoneDzone bowling green, KYPosts: 348Member Uncommon

Ok guys, so i work 3rd shift and i play really odd hours from 5pm-8am. Well everythings good untill up untill around 3am then the game seems like a ghost town. Well at this time of night i can't seem to do much and i die constently and getting really frustrating cause of the lack of ppl around me joining in and helping out. I literally go for like 2 hrs + without seeing anyone around me.

I'm currently in Firehearts Rise and there are so many mobs i dont see how i can acomplish much. I've been having to skip the skill point challenges and just trying to do other things on the map.

Isn't this game suppose to scale compared to how many ppl are in the area? This is ridiculous and i can't get much acomplished at late hours of the night. Any suggestions on what i should do from the hours of 3am-8am CST? I really would like to complete these maps, any suggestions would be appreciated ty.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Tampa, FLPosts: 19,979Member Uncommon
    Any way to play on EU servers?

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "I don't have one life, I have many lives" - Grunty
    Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter BristolPosts: 2,801Member Uncommon
    Transfers between worlds are still free and there are no server restrictions.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• AmjocoAmjoco Layton, UTPosts: 4,777Member Uncommon

Find a guild and group. I had the same problems in Rift trying to play by myself. I get up early in the mornings, drink coffee, and play games to wake up for the day. Joining a large guild may help you in that way.

If it gets to be a huge problem, quit your job so you can play with others! You don't need money because there is no subscription fee. ;)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• DzoneDzone bowling green, KYPosts: 348Member Uncommon
    heh well i can't quit my job been there for 14 years... I play on Sauros Furnice server, whice is american. I'm alrdy part of a guild on that server, and there the reason i chose that one. So um any other suggestions ^^.
  • zakiyawowzakiyawow Boston, MAPosts: 626Member Common
    Originally posted by Dzone
    heh well i can't quit my job been there for 14 years... I play on Sauros Furnice server, whice is american. I'm alrdy part of a guild on that server, and there the reason i chose that one. So um any other suggestions ^^.

if you are in a guild , do you see your guildmates when you login? Most people in the US are in bed when you are playing the game, there is nothing a game compay can do about it. If you can party with your guildmates when you login, I would say EU server  or a server with Oceanic players is your best bet.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Calgary, ABPosts: 1,323Member

The easist way to play solo is to roll a solo friendly class.

Ranger is probably at the top of this list due to pets.

Elementalist is also decent once they get their summon glyphs. I rolled Ele and didn't have any problems with soloing once I got my summons.

Outside of that you could spec for solo by speccing for survivavility. Toughness/Vitality stacking.

• DracomonDracomon Alexandra HeadlandPosts: 29Member

Have you tried the Sea of Sorrows server? It is the unofficial Aussie server. I play there and the pop is good, not sure if those hours work for you or not. But with the free and easy server transfers it is probably worth a shot. 

8:36pm in Aus now and 5:36am in Houston now....that works right?

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO SomewherePosts: 1,326Member
    You're not going "glass cannon"? Toughness is important if you want to stay on your feet gainst ranged attacers. You can often kite melee, but without decent defences you can go down really fast. Also, get some really decent gear and chack out runes. Don't put everything in power, being able to stay up long enough for your heal to come off cooldown makes the difference between a fast death and a long fight where you can take down tough opponents solo.

imageimage
  • Loke666Loke666 MalmöPosts: 17,949Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Dzone

When I played EQ2 and worked night I was always playing on a US server even though I am Swede, it is really the easiest way.

But otherwise you need to see that your character is good on survival and can do well alone and in small groups. Specc defensively and have skills that can remove conditions and if possible stealth you. Always have the best gear possible and try to get it with vitality and tougness.

Try to spend time in the zones with most players in, some are emptier than others.

Also since you can be member of several guilds you could announce for a secondary guild with nightworkers, or try to befriend a few people who usually play your hours.