Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone really think DF:UW will release Nov. 20th?

LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

I'm pretty sceptical that it will, I wouldn't be surprised if it falls to q1 2013. I hope it does release in November so I can play it sooner.

Comments

• Jjay88Jjay88 Member Posts: 3
    It would be nice to see it on Nov. 20, but we shall see...
  • NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417
    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised at all if they push it back. This is AV after all. It would be a pleasant surprise if they actually launch it on the 20th.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Let's just say I am not clearing my datebook yet.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• elvrageelvrage Member Posts: 43
    They only pushed the release date back for Darkfall one time, and it was less than a month.
  • TorlukTorluk Member Posts: 162

Considering they didn't even make their deadline for releasing the announcement on time*, I'm thinking there is a high probability we will be waiting a bit longer than the scheduled release date.

*http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/4/view/forums/thread/364948/Important-announcement-on-Monday.html

• killer128killer128 Member Posts: 21
    I'm being highly optimisitic in thinking that it will release on time.  If it doesn't I believe it will release shortly there after.  Maybe a month or so later at most.

Darkfall Unholy Wars

• poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226
    I am excited for DF 2.0 but less than 2 months out and not a single video of the game.  This right here leads me not to get my expectations up for a Nov. 20th release date.
  • kuntakintaykuntakintay Member Posts: 44
    the game not releasing no the 20th isnt even a thought in my mind right now, i am looking forward to the 20th and hopefully the game will be out then, because my anticipation for this game is ridiculously high and it would suck to have to wait longer
  • 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Although skeptical whenever Aventurine has given a hard/firm release date they have always stuck by it.  Its when they give an eta/estimate that you need to worry and then know for sure they will miss it.
  • OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    The release date for Darkfall was right. why wouldnt it be for Darkfall UW?  they only think aventurine always fails at is release stuff on their said ETA date. nov 20th is not a ETA.  so its here 20th november.
  • LemacsLemacs Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Originally posted by elvrage
    They only pushed the release date back for Darkfall one time, and it was less than a month.

and it was in Vapor mode for at least 5+ years.

Post after Post of people asking this same question on the Darkfalls first run.

UO-EQ1-SWG-DAOC-WOW-EQ2-WAR-GW2-RIFT

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423
    On nov 20th we will all wake up to a blog saying darkfall:UW has officially released this morning but due to extreme demand all sales have been shut down till further notice or more room opens up on the server........
  • Scypheroth1987Scypheroth1987 Member Posts: 5
    we can only hope, i need a real mans mmo not sumthing where you die and magically keep your stuff....oh if real life was that way....

So you like WoW and GW2? I heard alot of Hello Kitty kids like those games...man i bet your fat having everything spoon fed to you in those games.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Let's just say I am not clearing my datebook yet.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• TopherpunchTopherpunch Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Originally posted by poefue
    I am excited for DF 2.0 but less than 2 months out and not a single video of the game.  This right here leads me not to get my expectations up for a Nov. 20th release date.

Actually you have a valid point here. Although they do have some videos on their website of some graphic upgrades they have been adding over the passed few months. Check out their website.

Come check out what I have to say on my blog http://civilgamer.com

Also check out http;//agonasylum.com for Darkfall player trading and stories forums

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    No.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

I don't see the release date getting pushed back. Had they announced the game years before release, ok, but here it's just 2 months. At this point I'm pretty sure everything is already planned carefully for them to deliver on time. They wouldn't have announced it for so soon if they were still working on fundamental stuff. At least I hope so.

• cyclonite51cyclonite51 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    I don't think they will push back release. This isn't a new game built totally from scatch. This is the same team and the infrastructure is already in place.
  • MrLichTwitchMrLichTwitch Member Posts: 13
    I'm a little bit skeptical about the launch date too, especially since we haven't heard anything about closed beta yet. Not even a peep. There's enough new coding and enough new features that internal testing can't be nearly enough. I wouldn't be surprised if they launch beta on November 20th tbh. That being said, I still have some faith that they'll launch the actual game on 11/20. I'm just not holding my breath.
  • MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278

This is AV... so I would not bet even a penny on the date set... they have somewhat of a track record lol.

That said, this was an actual "press" release not some obscure forum/blog post, and furthermore, it's an exact date, not ETA (ETA in AVs terms means -/+ 2 years... DF2010 anybody?), so I have high hopes that it will in fact launch on time, however, at the same time I'm expecting a delay.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Drvanitus

This is AV... so I would not bet even a penny on the date set... they have somewhat of a track record lol.

That said, this was an actual "press" release not some obscure forum/blog post, and furthermore, it's an exact date, not ETA (ETA in AVs terms means -/+ 2 years... DF2010 anybody?), so I have high hopes that it will in fact launch on time, however, at the same time I'm expecting a delay.

I have the same hope and expectation as you. Though, if it is delayed, I do not believe we will see that situation repeated. I'll just be thrilled to be back in Agon before next Christmas. I will most likely be playing for many years, assuming we aren't threatened with another looming wipe of unknown magnitude. I never would have left the original DF had it not been for that unfortunate reality.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    How about you make a game then come back and let us know what can happen with a release of game, many things can happen, so who cares if they delay, things happen all the time causing delays,
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by cyclonite51
    I don't think they will push back release. This isn't a new game built totally from scatch. This is the same team and the infrastructure is already in place.

its actully a bigger team

• Rorschach1797Rorschach1797 Member Posts: 19
    prolly a delay of 1-2 weeks but i think it wont be something dramatically
  • ChaosChestChaosChest Member UncommonPosts: 97

I think if everything goes as planned AV will allow the purchase and download of the game on nov 20th.. but.. the servers won't go live until nov 27th.

But realistically, AV has a track record of delays and no communications. So it wouldnt be a surpise to see Nov 20th be pushed back to Dec 20th, However that would also be a bad time as that is when AV goes on 2 weeks holiday where no work gets done. So Possibly a Jan 20th release date .